Help! "Drippy" 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
FocusPony
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103205
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 FocusPony Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Help! "Drippy" 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback

Hi,

I bought a brand new 2013 Ford Focus in late August. On 10/8/2012, I opened the car and it smelled really strange. After poking around in the car, I discovered that the driver's side floor carpet was soaked (both driver's seat and passenger seat behind it). I took the vehicle in for servicing and they found that a seal wasn't latched in correctly and fixed it.

On 10/27/2012, I drove my car to the store and back. The weather had been dry and the roads were dry. When I got back, the driver's side floor had a wet area on the carpet right under the handle for the hood release. The handle was also wet. I took the car back to the dealer. They looked over it for a week, had Ford regional people look at it, soaked it in their car wash, and couldn't get the problem to reappear.

Today, 11/15/2012; same thing as on 10/27. The floor had water dripped on it and the handle was wet again. It's not raining and the roads are dry. So, I'm going to contact the dealer again.

I've written to Ford because I'm afraid I might have a lemon. State law requires me to follow certain procedures and writing Ford directly is one of them.

The car doesn't appear to have a leak since the problem can't be replicated by drenching the car with water, but something is causing water to end up on the carpet. The car is starting to get a weird smell in it from all the water and I'm concerned about mold.

Is anyone else with a 2013 having this problem???

Bookmarks & Social Networks