Klutch noise Focus 2012 standard - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #21
Sean05
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62491
What I Drive: 13' ST2

FF Reputation: 5 Sean05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
My guess its the dual mass flywheel mine does it occasionally either disengaging or engaging the clutch quickly nothing wrong with it thou
edit: just saw the going over bumps are you sure thats not the strut clunk like a diferent noise altogether?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 06:41 AM   #22
klotche
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91834
What I Drive: 2012, Oxford white, Focus

FF Reputation: 3 klotche Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
My guess its the dual mass flywheel mine does it occasionally either disengaging or engaging the clutch quickly nothing wrong with it thou
edit: just saw the going over bumps are you sure thats not the strut clunk like a diferent noise altogether?
Yes, could be different noise..
Everything is clunking !

Well if nothing is wrong with it, and the noise really comes from the flywheel, i'm really disapointed in the quality of this car built.. I never heard anything like that on any cars yet...
my dad drives a 01 focus, and the klutch goes like a charm... weird.

thank you
Old 11-16-2012, 03:07 AM   #23
Boomertwo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96378
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 Boomertwo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klotche View Post
Okay.... I would like to know if anyone had or has this issue...
I have a ford focus 2012 SE sedan with cruise control package
From now on, what i noticed is that when I push the klutch pedal and engage the next gear, At the moment I release the Klutch pedal I hear this annoying noise, like a loud "KLOK" everytime I go from 1st to 2nd speed, and from 2nd to 3rd....

Could anyone help me on that...

Looks like the problem isn't always present also....
By the way, I never go over 3500 RPM..... -_-'

I love my car, but this is the only thing that is getting on my nervs somehow..
I have to raise the volume of my radio to cover it, or else I rage after it....

When you drive near pedestrian and shift next to them... they hear this annoying sound, and I feel like my car worth crap...
I think i understand what you are talking about. I have a base model with the manual transmission.

At low speeds with the windows down I can hear the the noise from switching gears but I just figure that is normal as my 87 mr2 would make the same noise.

Now if I release the clutch pedal slightly to move the car in a parking space on a slight hill and then push the clutch back in quickly. I then hear what I would call a clutch slap. The best way to describe this is that the clutch is bouncing on the springs that are there to absorb the shock from the contact with the flywheel.

However my clutch on the mr2 never made this sound but then I'm not sure what kind of clutch is installed at this time as I have not had to replace it since i bought the car a year and a half ago. Thought i'm sure to find out sometime next summer when I replace the motor and replace the Synchro's. I'll be replacing the clutch anyway then as there is no better time to it then when everything is out of the car.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->