Is there any way to get Sync services on my vehicle? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
boityler
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106050
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 boityler Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Is there any way to get Sync services on my vehicle?

Hey all --

I recently purchased a used 2012 Ford Focus Titanium. I live in the US and purchased the car in the US, but it is apparently originally from Canada. I was able to upgrade my SYNC to the latest release, but when I tried to download the SYNC Services from syncmyride.com the site tells me that SYNC services is not available for my vehicle because it was purchased outside of the US.

Does anyone know if there is any way to get the SYNC services installed on my car or am i SOL?

Thanks!

- T ^_^

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #2
Tymes
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94124
What I Drive: 02 SE SOHC SPI

FF Reputation: 8 Tymes Good Standing Member
Did you buy it from a US dealer or used? if it came from the dealer I'd make them fix the problem or replace the car.

By the way, did they change the speedo so it is Miles, new Canadian Focus generally no longer have Miles on the dash. Pain in ass for renting to go the the US, they just told me to be careful, idiots.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
boityler
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106050
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 boityler Good Standing Member
Ya I bought it from a US dealer and they keep sending me in circles about installing the Sync Services. (Oh you need to talk to our service department. Oh you need to upgrade to the latest Sync version. Oh there must be something wrong with the computer you're downloading the Sync services on. Etc etc etc...)

The dash is in Miles (all except for the cruise control for some reason.)

Thx.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:37 AM   #4
Tymes
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94124
What I Drive: 02 SE SOHC SPI

FF Reputation: 8 Tymes Good Standing Member
Keep going back to them, after a few trips start bringing up the term "Lemon Clause", maybe that'll get them to smarten up. I'd definitely be reporting them to a higher level of Ford, and looking for a new car if there not gonna fix it proper. Your resale value is shot already.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:02 AM   #5
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,391, Level 98
Points: 27,391, Level: 98 Points: 27,391, Level: 98 Points: 27,391, Level: 98
Level Up 5% Completed
Level up: 5% Level up: 5% Level up: 5%
Forum Activity 19%
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Let's try contacting Ford corporate's SYNC team on this site. I'll get in touch with them through a PM to FordIVTeam and they should respond to this thread in a moment. If anyone on here would know, it would be them.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #6
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,161, Level 28
Points: 2,161, Level: 28 Points: 2,161, Level: 28 Points: 2,161, Level: 28
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by boityler View Post
Hey all --
I recently purchased a used 2012 Ford Focus Titanium. I live in the US and purchased the car in the US, but it is apparently originally from Canada. I was able to upgrade my SYNC to the latest release, but when I tried to download the SYNC Services from syncmyride.com the site tells me that SYNC services is not available for my vehicle because it was purchased outside of the US. Does anyone know if there is any way to get the SYNC services installed on my car or am i SOL? Thanks! - T ^_^
Hi, boityler -

SYNC Services is not available on a vehicle purchased outside the U.S., however, you do have the 911 assist feature. Hopefully, you never have to use it, but if you're in a crash where the airbag deploys or the fuel-pump shuts off, 911 Assist will use your paired phone to call a 911 operator. For setup instructions, check out:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...c-myford-touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
Let's try contacting Ford corporate's SYNC team on this site. I'll get in touch with them through a PM to FordIVTeam and they should respond to this thread in a moment. If anyone on here would know, it would be them.
As always, whynotthinkwhynot, thanks for the recommendation!

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #7
a_2000_se
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62964
What I Drive: 2000 SE SOHC SPI, Compression @ 164

Points 4,699, Level 43
Points: 4,699, Level: 43 Points: 4,699, Level: 43 Points: 4,699, Level: 43
Level Up 75% Completed
Level up: 75% Level up: 75% Level up: 75%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 15 a_2000_se Great Standing Member
but was it bought from a U.S. dealer as 'new' or 'used'?
Replaced #4 Piston, Rings, Rod+Bearings, AERA Re-Manufactured Cylinder Head and a light Hone. Then CLEANED the hell out of everything.
60k+ miles.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.