What neat tricks and tips have you've found since owning? - Page 75 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #741
Kotlkn
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106038
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White SE 5-Door

FF Reputation: 1 Kotlkn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My 2013 SE hatchback has 16" steel wheels, interior trunk release, heated seats and mirrors, SYNC, cruise, etc. hate the fact they dropped fog light and SIRRUS as standard features on the 2013. sure this is just a price point thing.

I noticed that when the headlights are in auto mode, the high beams will only flash and not stay on. Had to change the light to ON position for the high beams to stay on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 07:51 PM   #742
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotlkn View Post
My 2013 SE hatchback has 16" steel wheels, interior trunk release, heated seats and mirrors, SYNC, cruise, etc. hate the fact they dropped fog light and SIRRUS as standard features on the 2013. sure this is just a price point thing.

I noticed that when the headlights are in auto mode, the high beams will only flash and not stay on. Had to change the light to ON position for the high beams to stay on.
Something seems messed up there if your high beams won't stay on when the auto lamps are enabled and it determines that the head lamps are needed. However if you're trying to turn them on in full day light where the sensor says the headlamps are not needed it will not turn them on full, even though you will be driving with the headlamps on all the time anyway in Canada due to the DRL requirements.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #743
Kotlkn
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106038
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White SE 5-Door

FF Reputation: 1 Kotlkn Good Standing Member
Just took out the car, high beams don't stay on when in auto mode. Add this to the list of issues all before my first oil change. Other issues, car has stalled twice, poor fuel mileage, trim on automatic shifter is peeling off.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #744
ChrisRyan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97815
What I Drive: '12 SE Sterling Grey(5door) 5M 203A

FF Reputation: 2 ChrisRyan Good Standing Member
To enable high beams you need to push the lever away from you. If it is only flashing them when doing this I would say it's in need of attention.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:23 AM   #745
infocus61
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86846
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass FoFo SE HB M/T

FF Reputation: 1 infocus61 Good Standing Member
Don't know if it's good or bad but I discovered that if you use the fob to pop the trunk open while the doors are still locked, the car alarm goes off. Discovered this at 4 a.m. when trying to stow my luggage for a road trip.

Needless to say the alarm is loud enough to wake the whole household, especially if takes you a few seconds to realize what's going on.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #746
CDNFocusFan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99542
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Metallic Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 CDNFocusFan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRyan View Post
To enable high beams you need to push the lever away from you. If it is only flashing them when doing this I would say it's in need of attention.
Weird, my high beams will go on if it's dark and I push the stick away, they'll also stay on if I click it towards me and sort of hold it for a sec. I'll try tonight to double check.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #747
CDNFocusFan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99542
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Metallic Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 CDNFocusFan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by infocus61 View Post
Don't know if it's good or bad but I discovered that if you use the fob to pop the trunk open while the doors are still locked, the car alarm goes off. Discovered this at 4 a.m. when trying to stow my luggage for a road trip.

Needless to say the alarm is loud enough to wake the whole household, especially if takes you a few seconds to realize what's going on.
That's good to know. On a few occassions I've had all 4 doors closed and locked but the trunk open to get groceries. My arms full and overloaded since I'm lazy and 2 trips from the parking to my apartment is far too much to ask. Anyways when I go to close the trunk and I can't push down hard enough, it just kind of "thunks" against the latch, the alarm will go off. I thought it was a perimeter thing detecting a shock against the car.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #748
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by infocus61 View Post

Mine does not do that.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #749
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
That only happens when you don't open the trunk in one smooth motion.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:48 AM   #750
JonathanGennick
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105685
What I Drive: 2013 Race Red Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 JonathanGennick Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeballeater View Post
For me I found the hidden menu to be neat. Holding trip/reset down while starting car shows the menu.
Tried this last night. Nothing. Held down the left OK button as if I were resetting the trip meter. Did that while starting the car. All that happened was that the trip meter reset.

Actually, on my very first attempt, I turned the key and the trunk lid popped open. That was very weird.

Am I doing it wrong?

2013 SE Sedan.

Bookmarks & Social Networks