This Prius can't even sell itself... - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #31
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlassMaker View Post
First she hated the fact that you gotta tell the car what you want to do then wait on it to reply. like forward and reverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
It's really very simple to operate. The indicator on the dash tells you what gear you selected.
LOL !!!

Yeah ... it IS really tough to figure out .... hardly anybody can do it successfully ....

Moving a shift lever is 'telling the car what you want it to do ?????'

Quote:
when she took it up to 65 mph it started to freak out, alarms and buzzers started going of and it shut it self down. She was able to get it in a driveway, then it wouldn't restart. She had to let it sit for 15mins or so for it to calm down before she could start it again.
Yeah ... they all do that ... it's a standard feature .... you get used to it after a while .... LOL.

REV

Last edited by revhigh; 11-14-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #32
Merrigan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 104581
What I Drive: 2013 Black SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 Merrigan Good Standing Member
Rev you seem to be quite the prius fan.

Sent from your mom's house.
Sonics MK3 Crew #21
Old 11-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #33
matmatician
Cars&Corgis

Fan#: 81361
What I Drive: A ONE COLOR FOCUS, Ducatis

Points 7,161, Level 56
Points: 7,161, Level: 56 Points: 7,161, Level: 56 Points: 7,161, Level: 56
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 4 matmatician Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
lol now now, this isn't a Honda Forum... let's keep a bit of decorum!
ROTM June '13, PNW Crew #42, SR #245, Rally Rev #02
Old 11-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #34
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

Points 749, Level 14
Points: 749, Level: 14 Points: 749, Level: 14 Points: 749, Level: 14
Level Up 49% Completed
Level up: 49% Level up: 49% Level up: 49%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Quote:
BTW Prius owners usually give themselves a bad rep not people like me.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
I am sure the local Psych Ward could find a nice quiet place for her.

As for Prius drivers, I always seem to get behind the ones that are trying to get around on the electric motor alone. It's not the car, it's the driver
Old 11-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #35
gkirk
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91903
What I Drive: 2012 C.Red Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 3 gkirk Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Same here. Even if they make some ridiculously outrageously awesome, reliable car... I don't think I can ever give Ford my money again now knowing how their service (or lack thereof) works. Because with my luck, I'd get the 1/100000000000 car that doesn't run correctly and it will be my own fault because I should have known the dealers would ignore me.

When I get my next car, my Ford fanboy family might outlaw me from parking in the driveway (it's not uncommon to see 8 Fords in our driveway), but at least I'll know that MY car will be running correctly.
You know what kills me? I spent a lot of time on honda, bimmer and vw forums over the years. All cars have their issues. The reason those other car makers don't have shitty reps is because when you take the broken POS in and say 'this is broken', they fix it.

On my way to work today, I was thinking just how great a driving car the focus is for the money. Even with my grinding tranny, it's a great car. I really like it.

Then I read about the runabout Praton has had and it's like 'yeah it, next car will be something else.'

It should really be like computers, at some point, they just send you another one.

Praton, good luck, buddy.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #36
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrigan View Post
Rev you seem to be quite the prius fan.

Sent from your mom's house.

I've had tremendous luck with Toyotas ... about 5 of them.

The Prius is the best car I've ever owned. Has nothing to do with being 'green' or anything else. I almost DIDN'T buy one just because of the perceived stigma that their owners have. It's a rock solid dependable car that has gotten 48 MPG average calculated in the first 40,000 miles with 4 oil changes and tire rotations being the only maintenance it's required.

Since I own BOTH .... a 2010 Prius AND a 2012 Focus ... I feel qualified to comment on them both ... unlike some who say totally off-the-wall things about them with no obvious knowledge of the car or the technology that it uses.

One thing I can tell you is that ergonomically, the Prius absolutely kills the Focus. It has FAR more room in it, and that room is about 3X easier to configure than the Focus. I can turn the Prius into a hatchback in about 3 seconds without removing a thing. With the Focus ... first you have to remove the rear headrests and stow them, then you have to move the front seats forward (which makes my drving position crushed), then you have to fold UP the rear seat bottom, then you have to fold DOWN the rear seat backs. After all that ... it's smaller than the Prius in the back (and so is the opening), and the PRius took 3 seconds to accomplish and allows me to have a normal driving position.

The C-Max is almost like the Prius from what I remember in terms of being easy to configure, and has about the same room.

Of course I'd rather actually DRIVE the Focus, but in terms of utility and overall duty, the Prius wins hands down. It was never intended to be a great handler like the Focus, but it's nowhere near as bad as some here would try to make you believe. It handles just fine and easily runs 80 on the highways.
It's actually quite comfortable on the highways which is where I spend a LOT of time. The 2010+ Prius is a totally different car than the pre 2010 models, same as the 2012+ Focus is a totally different car than the pre 2012 models.

They're BOTH great cars ... I just use the one that fits the purpose that I need at the time.

I do wish they'd resolve the suspension issue though ... it really takes away from what would otherwise be a really great car.

REV

Last edited by revhigh; 11-14-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #37
mikebontoft
Aurelius Pardus

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

Points 23,535, Level 94
Points: 23,535, Level: 94 Points: 23,535, Level: 94 Points: 23,535, Level: 94
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
you guys act like Ford knows what's wrong with their cars but refuses to fix them...

can't fix them if you don't know the root of the problem.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parted) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (racecar) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (daily).
ModeratingGeneral Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 11-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #38
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post
you guys act like Ford knows what's wrong with their cars but refuses to fix them...

can't fix them if you don't know the root of the problem.

OK ... so what you're saying is this .... Ford's suspension engineers can't figure out the root cause of a simple suspension noise in over a year and a half's time .... is that really what you're saying? Because that is simply not believable (that they're trying to solve it and can't).

If that's the case ... Ford must have REALLY stupid and incompetent engineers ....

Our own member Zillion seems closer to solving this than Ford is .... that's because he's TRYING to solve it.

To be honest ... I think Ford is just hoping that the people with the problem go away ..... but I'm NOT going away.

REV
Old 11-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #39
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
I am sure the local Psych Ward could find a nice quiet place for her.

As for Prius drivers, I always seem to get behind the ones that are trying to get around on the electric motor alone. It's not the car, it's the driver

That nutcase should be put in prison for assault .... the owner of the truck was far more restrained than I would have been. If that had been me and I had a diesel ... I would have smoked her out ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-iX6OZrjfA

I like number 2 in the compilation below ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...HSghUsnHA&NR=1

REV
Old 11-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #40
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

Points 653, Level 13
Points: 653, Level: 13 Points: 653, Level: 13 Points: 653, Level: 13
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
YOU inferred that, not him (or even his wife)... someone is tad bit oversensative and defensive. The Prius is a great city car, and by that, I mean, at speeds below 80km/hr, it gets great fuel ecomony and makes great sense for inner city dwellers. I drove one (2008 model, it was new then) a few years back on a road trip from Ottawa to St. Catherines and back, mainly on the 401/407/416 highway (median speed of 115km/hr and higher), and due to the lethargic tiny 1.5 gas engine, it needed BOTH the electric motor and gas engine combined to maintain highway speeds going up large inclines and hills... so, any economy "gained" going downhill, was quickly gobbled up going up the next hill and then some...
I calculated my economy and milage for the trip, and my "old" 2003 VW TDI Jetta actually would have used LESS fuel on the same trip, and diesel was cheaper per litre at the time as well. When you calculate the "Green" factor (from factory to junkyard), the TDI also comes out way ahead, but, that is another discussion... LOL
Again, they are great cars, for what they are, but, for highway commuting, they're are MUCH better options out there. Again, YMMV
You're wrong about 99.9 % of that. The generation Prius (2007) in my family has a much more spacious and comfortable rear seat than my Focus and it is a great car on highway trips. That year Prius is designed to run on BOTH the electric motor and gas engine combined most of the time. It only runs on electric alone up to 15 MPH. There is a new Prius C (C for city) that is designed as a commuter car where your statements about highway driving may apply. Don't get me started on the green factor and the lies that have been perpetrated about hybrids on that front. One favorite was the whopper that a Hummer was more "green" cradle to grave than a Prius and that's been proven wrong so many times it will make your head spin. I'm really tired of the pseudo-macho anti-hybrid posing that goes on by people ignorant about the Prius.

Having said all that I'm willing to bet I'd like the Ford C-Max hybrid much better though I haven't driven one yet. The company I work for had a load of Ford Escape hybrids and that was a really nice driving economical car. The C-Max is a much improved car and gets a rated 47 MPG combined.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.