This Prius can't even sell itself... - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #11
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The C-Max seems like a real nice car ... I drove one the other day.

I have a 2010 Prius also and it has been flawless in 40K miles. The 2010's have a bigger engine and get better mileage than the Gen 2's.

After owning the 2012 Focus I can absolutely say that I will NEVER own another first-year-Ford model, and may never own another Ford EVER, given the experience I've had so far with the Focus.

I've never seen a manufacturer of any product be more non-responsive to customer complaints than Ford has been with this suspension issue.

An automobile manufacturer than can't fix a suspension clunk in a year and a half ??? The only reason for that is that they're not TRYING to fix it.

Bashers can say what they want about the Prius and it's drivers .... but it's a bulletproof platform that does what it's advertised to do .... and it does it well. Toyota didn't sell 4 million of them because they have issues.

REV

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #12
AZfocus2012
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92484
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL 303A Focus

FF Reputation: 2 AZfocus2012 Good Standing Member
I was recently at an event where Ford was there on the side doing test rides in the Focus electric and C-Max. They had a couple of Prius there for comparo and they were all stickered up.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #13
Fraychild
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 37309
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Fraychild Good Standing Member
Not sure about the old Prius models... but we bought my wife a 2010 Prius (updated body-style) a couple of years ago and I must admit, it's actually a really great car! Hands down! I've owned Fords for a while now (Escape, "Mariner", Edge and now Focus) so I am not biased. The new Prius has really cool features that are impressive and useful... the electronic shifter, the "Eco" or "Power" mode buttons were easy to reach, it came with projector headlights standard, very comfortable, roomy and SUPER quiet ride, it handled very well, and above all - that thing was RIDICULOUSLY unbeatable in gas mileage! We switched it for a 2013 Elantra and she wishes we had gone back or maybe get a Prius-C instead.... Moral of the story here is - everyone will have their own opinion on a car based on what their expectations are... some of the owners on here hate the new Focus; others would die for it...

Me? I just wanted to get out of my beloved but gas-guzzling Edge for a 5-Speed economical car... :)

Old 11-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #14
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Prius is such a hateful car. They're cheap feeling, they're uncomfortable on long trips, they aren't quite as useful as some would say they are and as its been stated, they are BUTT UGLY, and NOW Toyota is trying to shove a bunch of extra Prius models down our throats.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #15
AZfocus2012
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92484
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL 303A Focus

FF Reputation: 2 AZfocus2012 Good Standing Member
I have not driven a prius but I did test drive the C-Max and was quite impressed. Of course it would be another first year Ford model so who knows about issues. But given a few years to perfect it and work any bugs out, it will give the Prius a run for their money.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #16
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhigh View Post
After owning the 2012 Focus I can absolutely say that I will NEVER own another first-year-Ford model, and may never own another Ford EVER, given the experience I've had so far with the Focus.
Same here. Even if they make some ridiculously outrageously awesome, reliable car... I don't think I can ever give Ford my money again now knowing how their service (or lack thereof) works. Because with my luck, I'd get the 1/100000000000 car that doesn't run correctly and it will be my own fault because I should have known the dealers would ignore me.

When I get my next car, my Ford fanboy family might outlaw me from parking in the driveway (it's not uncommon to see 8 Fords in our driveway), but at least I'll know that MY car will be running correctly.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #17
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
IDK what is so "first year" about the C-Max

Its built on the existing Focus platform, has all the same build materials, Ford has been using Hybrid systems for quite a while, drivetrain systems are from existing technology....

Really the only thing "new" about the C-Max is the design and the sort of hybrid people mover niche that is emerging.

In all honesty, I think the plug-in version of the C-Max will be more troublesome once it is released, but I wouldn't expect any more problems than the Focus plug-in has had.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #18
Merrigan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 104581
What I Drive: 2013 Black SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 Merrigan Good Standing Member
When I was test driving cars about 2 months ago I took out a 2011 prius. It wasn't terrible. But it was far from my favorite. It reminded me of the Cruze in that it just felt cheap and uninspired. There wasn't anything about it that stood out and made it special. Fuel economy isn't a big deal to me. So that didn't have much of an effect on me. It was used at a Chevy dealership so maybe if it was from a Toyota dealership they would have done a better job trying to sell it.

As for the ford issues. I don't get it. My family must be lucky with Fords. This is the second Ford I've owned. The only issues I had with my old Taurus were my own fault. Seems like the rest of my family are the same way. But who knows.

Just my two cents.

Sent from your mom's house.
Sonics MK3 Crew #21

Old 11-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #19
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
Prius is such a hateful car. They're cheap feeling, they're uncomfortable on long trips, they aren't quite as useful as some would say they are and as its been stated, they are BUTT UGLY, and NOW Toyota is trying to shove a bunch of extra Prius models down our throats.

You sound more hateful than the Prius you are implying.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #20
hand-filer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90895
What I Drive: One less Ford

FF Reputation: 1 hand-filer Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
IDK what is so "first year" about the C-Max
Same can be said about the Focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Same here. Even if they make some ridiculously outrageously awesome, reliable car... I don't think I can ever give Ford my money again now knowing how their service (or lack thereof) works.
X3. No way will I consider another Ford.

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks