Klutch noise Focus 2012 standard - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 08:57 PM   #11
klotche
Focus Enthusiast
 
klotche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91834
Location: montreal, Canada
What I Drive: 2012, Oxford white, Focus

Posts: 292
FF Reputation: 3 klotche Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
This thing is going worst... from now, I can hear the noise when I continuously press and release the klutch pedal, and also, I can hear this annoying "clunk" noise when I take some bumps at low speed on the road...
klotche is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-15-2012, 08:59 PM   #12
klotche
Focus Enthusiast
 
klotche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91834
Location: montreal, Canada
What I Drive: 2012, Oxford white, Focus

Posts: 292
FF Reputation: 3 klotche Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klotche View Post
This thing is going worst... from now, I can hear the noise when I continuously press and release the klutch pedal, and also, I can hear this annoying "clunk" noise when I take some bumps at low speed on the road...
going to see my dealer 24th semptember.. They told me by phone it was almost impossible... i'm gonna have fun there -_-
klotche is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #13
12FordFocus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
12FordFocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Fan#: 100834
Location: Oshawa, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Matallic Candy Blue SE-5speed

Posts: 30
FF Reputation: 1 12FordFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I also have this issue, did you get this resolved ?
12FordFocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #14
FordService
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79824
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 4,096
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klotche View Post
going to see my dealer 24th semptember.. They told me by phone it was almost impossible... i'm gonna have fun there -_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12FordFocus View Post
I also have this issue, did you get this resolved ?
Hi klotche and 12FordFocus,

I'd encourage you both to reach out to Ford of Canada to get your concerns escalated. They can be reached at 1-800-565-3673 and are in the best position to assist. They'll coordinate efforts with your dealer to ensure your concerns are resolved.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, you can reach out to me via PM.

Thanks!
Crystal
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:11 AM   #15
klotche
Focus Enthusiast
 
klotche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91834
Location: montreal, Canada
What I Drive: 2012, Oxford white, Focus

Posts: 292
FF Reputation: 3 klotche Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12FordFocus View Post
I also have this issue, did you get this resolved ?
Unfortunatly.... my dealer told me it was a normal clunk noise, since the noise comes from the normal loose in my transmission...
They didn't want to go any further, and encouraged me to keep asking if they ever get a notice from ford canada about this subject...
klotche is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:13 AM   #16
klotche
Focus Enthusiast
 
klotche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91834
Location: montreal, Canada
What I Drive: 2012, Oxford white, Focus

Posts: 292
FF Reputation: 3 klotche Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Disapointing. Guess i'm gonna have to live with this. shouldn't buy a ford. :(
klotche is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #17
gsxrboy
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 103574
Location: Brampton, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium

Posts: 175
FF Reputation: 3 gsxrboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Is there a way that you can record a video of you driving and the clunking noise. We can better diagnose from there. I would also take it to a different mechanic to get a second opinion, ask friends or family members if they know of a mechanic they trust who will look at the issue. They could provide some information to take back to the dealer.
__________________
2012 Focus Titanium Black Manual

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/gsxrboy/focus
gsxrboy is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:32 AM   #18
klotche
Focus Enthusiast
 
klotche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91834
Location: montreal, Canada
What I Drive: 2012, Oxford white, Focus

Posts: 292
FF Reputation: 3 klotche Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrboy View Post
Is there a way that you can record a video of you driving and the clunking noise. We can better diagnose from there. I would also take it to a different mechanic to get a second opinion, ask friends or family members if they know of a mechanic they trust who will look at the issue. They could provide some information to take back to the dealer.
Sure, i'll try to record this as soon as I have a minute ! (should be this weekend)
klotche is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:00 AM   #19
klotche
Focus Enthusiast
 
klotche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91834
Location: montreal, Canada
What I Drive: 2012, Oxford white, Focus

Posts: 292
FF Reputation: 3 klotche Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Problem is still present... and is getting worse
Finally, I think it comes from suspension or engine mount support.. or maybe the axle ?? i'm very lsot here. My dealer tried to convince me it was a normal clunking from the transmission... -_-
I tried a brand new focus with him, and It wasn't making that noise. He told me if he would add 9000 miles on that car as well, it would do the same normal clunking noise.

Anyone have this issue ? was it solved for you ?


looks like noises are also present at low speed when i go over speed bumbs or any kind of bumps..
klotche is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #20
FordService
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79824
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 4,096
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klotche View Post
Problem is still present... and is getting worse
Finally, I think it comes from suspension or engine mount support.. or maybe the axle ?? i'm very lsot here. My dealer tried to convince me it was a normal clunking from the transmission... -_-
I tried a brand new focus with him, and It wasn't making that noise. He told me if he would add 9000 miles on that car as well, it would do the same normal clunking noise.

Anyone have this issue ? was it solved for you ?


looks like noises are also present at low speed when i go over speed bumbs or any kind of bumps..
Hi klotche,

Did you contact Ford Canada? They can reach out to your dealer and work together on a resolution. You can give them a call at 1-800-565-3673.

Thanks,
Crystal
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.