This Prius can't even sell itself... - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 12:10 AM   #1
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90061
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Talking This Prius can't even sell itself...

So I was going to buy a lottery ticket the other day and as I parked, I noticed this prius in front of me and it had all these labels on it, when I read them I thought I read wrong but sure enough it looks like an advertisement for the new C-MAX... Take a look for yourself and tell me what ya think..

personally, I love to just smile as I haul ass by the slow ass priuses on the onramp in my Focus

Mods: Tint 20/5, LockPick & Backup Camera, K&N Drop In

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90061
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
Since the pics didnt work....
http://s994.beta.photobucket.com/use...s%20VS%20C-MAX
Mods: Tint 20/5, LockPick & Backup Camera, K&N Drop In

Old 11-14-2012, 12:51 AM   #3
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
My wife test drove a used pruis one day while I was at work to see what all the hype was about.

2007 pruis they want 9 grand for it.

First she hated the fact that you gotta tell the car what you want to do then wait on it to reply. like forward and reverse.

Second, when she took it up to 65 mph it started to freak out, alarms and buzzers started going of and it shut it self down. She was able to get it in a driveway, then it wouldn't restart. She had to let it sit for 15mins or so for it to calm down before she could start it again.

What a piece of crap.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:57 AM   #4
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
That Prius is probably owned by Ford.

At least that's what I think. They're free to slap stickers on it that convince onlookers to check out Ford's new CMAX.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:27 AM   #5
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlassMaker View Post
My wife test drove a used pruis one day while I was at work to see what all the hype was about.

2007 pruis they want 9 grand for it.

First she hated the fact that you gotta tell the car what you want to do then wait on it to reply. like forward and reverse.

Second, when she took it up to 65 mph it started to freak out, alarms and buzzers started going of and it shut it self down. She was able to get it in a driveway, then it wouldn't restart. She had to let it sit for 15mins or so for it to calm down before she could start it again.

What a piece of crap.
Hilarious. I owned a 2007 Prius for five and a half years and my daughter still drives it without any major problems. I never heard any alarms or buzzers going off at 65 MPH. I could cruise all day with four passengers and their luggage at 80-85 MPH with no problem. I never waited for the car to "reply" when asked to go into forward in reverse. Then it wouldn't start? I would say that particular Prius is seriously broken and needs repair. If your wife is trying to see "what all the hype is about" she tried the wrong "pruis".

Prius is a great, well built and durable car that's optimized for maximum fuel economy and low emissions. It is not a great handling car like the Focus (and probably the C-Max) that's a given. It never fails to amaze me though the sheer volume and variety of cranky nut-ball misinformation that some people feel compelled to spread about the Prius in general. That said, I really like the hybrid C-Max and wanted to buy one but I waited and waited and couldn't wait any more for the car to arrive at dealers so I bought a Focus.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:55 AM   #6
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus YBTC View Post
Hilarious. I owned a 2007 Prius for five and a half years and my daughter still drives it without any major problems. I never heard any alarms or buzzers going off at 65 MPH. I could cruise all day with four passengers and their luggage at 80-85 MPH with no problem. I never waited for the car to "reply" when asked to go into forward in reverse. Then it wouldn't start? I would say that particular Prius is seriously broken and needs repair. If your wife is trying to see "what all the hype is about" she tried the wrong "pruis".

Prius is a great, well built and durable car that's optimized for maximum fuel economy and low emissions. It is not a great handling car like the Focus (and probably the C-Max) that's a given. It never fails to amaze me though the sheer volume and variety of cranky nut-ball misinformation that some people feel compelled to spread about the Prius in general. That said, I really like the hybrid C-Max and wanted to buy one but I waited and waited and couldn't wait any more for the car to arrive at dealers so I bought a Focus.
She said the gear selector on the dash you would pull it down for drive push up for reverse. Once it selected that said gear it would move back to the center. That's what I meant by waiting on it to reply. As for alarms and buzzers it may have needed repair, but she said it freaked out at highway speeds and refused to work after. Not hilarious to her, she was pissed they even let her test drive it with that many issues. She could have been stranded she left her purse and phone in the car.

BTW Prius owners usually give themselves a bad rep not people like me.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:43 AM   #7
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Quote:
She said the gear selector on the dash you would pull it down for drive push up for reverse. Once it selected that said gear it would move back to the center. That's what I meant by waiting on it to reply. As for alarms and buzzers it may have needed repair, but she said it freaked out at highway speeds and refused to work after. Not hilarious to her, she was pissed they even let her test drive it with that many issues. She could have been stranded she left her purse and phone in the car.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
I can't see the video but I'm pretty sure it's one Prius owner acting weird and you're implying ALL Prius owners must somehow be that way just like the broken Prius your wife drove makes them all broken somehow.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #8
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus YBTC View Post
I can't see the video but I'm pretty sure it's one Prius owner acting weird and you're implying ALL Prius owners must somehow be that way just like the broken Prius your wife drove makes them all broken somehow.
YOU inferred that, not him (or even his wife)... someone is tad bit oversensative and defensive. The Prius is a great city car, and by that, I mean, at speeds below 80km/hr, it gets great fuel ecomony and makes great sense for inner city dwellers. I drove one (2008 model, it was new then) a few years back on a road trip from Ottawa to St. Catherines and back, mainly on the 401/407/416 highway (median speed of 115km/hr and higher), and due to the lethargic tiny 1.5 gas engine, it needed BOTH the electric motor and gas engine combined to maintain highway speeds going up large inclines and hills... so, any economy "gained" going downhill, was quickly gobbled up going up the next hill and then some...
I calculated my economy and milage for the trip, and my "old" 2003 VW TDI Jetta actually would have used LESS fuel on the same trip, and diesel was cheaper per litre at the time as well. When you calculate the "Green" factor (from factory to junkyard), the TDI also comes out way ahead, but, that is another discussion... LOL
Again, they are great cars, for what they are, but, for highway commuting, they're are MUCH better options out there. Again, YMMV
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)

Old 11-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #9
powermax
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105453
What I Drive: Ex 2012 Ford Focus Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 2 powermax Good Standing Member
Quote:

YouTube Video
I would rev the hell of my engine hoping that the smoke would blow her out of my face. That video is hilarious.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #10
matmatician
Cars&Corgis

Fan#: 81361
What I Drive: A ONE COLOR FOCUS, Ducatis

FF Reputation: 4 matmatician Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
LOL, yeah, that prius is probably owned by a ford dealership or something, but that's still hilarious!

Cheryl... Cheryl... Cheryl... lol!!! Ahhhhh I love starting off the morning like this! :P If it weren't for the accents, I'd say this probably happened in Seattle... You can't go 200 feet here without seing a Prius.

And say what you will about the mechanical/speed/reliablity...

Priuises are butt. ugly.
ROTM June '13, PNW Crew #42, SR #245, Rally Rev #02

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks