2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 54 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #531
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I've done all I can and given Ford as many chances as I could.

I can't lemon it, but I've filed complaints with the BBB, NHTSA, and FTC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #532
Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
My SEL is going in the shop tomorow for the 3rd time about the jerky tranny AND the lack of power or lag in certain situations. I admit I have high hopes as the 3rd dealer I will now go to, told me that such a tranny behavior could be related to some oil being in/on the clutch's.

I hope he will find something and be able to correct it 'cause driving this car is, well, driving me insane. I just hope I wont get the ''It's normal behavior''.

I'll keep you guys posted
Old 11-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #533
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Yup... they said it was a "characteristic of the transmission." I'll be paying $125 and I'm pretty sure they didn't even open it up. I'm livid.
WTF. Mine has gotten worse. Your plight doesn't give me much hope.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:12 AM   #534
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkba View Post
Wife and I both purchased 2012 Focus Titaniums, only difference is the color. Mine runs fine (although I did have numerous issues upon delivery that needed to be addressed), but hers not so fine. The transmission shakes when coming to a stop and taking off from a stop. Just got it back from the dealer who said everything is OK, and that "there are a lot worse Focus transmissions out there." They did do something with it, and told her she would need to drive it a few weeks for it to re-learn her driving habits. It shuddered as soon as she left the lot, so we are not optimistic. This has completely turned her off on all Ford products. Hopefully, this issue may go away, but we doubt it.
Hi rtkba,

I want to step in and see how I can help. Please send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and daytime phone number; I'll look into some options.

Thanks!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #535
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi rtkba,

I want to step in and see how I can help. Please send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and daytime phone number; I'll look into some options.

Thanks!
Crystal
LOL. I love how the Ford lurkers ignore our posts now and jump right in to "help" everyone else with a problem.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #536
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
LOL. I love how the Ford lurkers ignore our posts now and jump right in to "help" everyone else with a problem.
Hi smizak,

I've been in touch with both you and PratoN before; if you need any additional assistance you're always welcome to PM me and I'll see what I can do. I'm not ignoring you, I'm just trying to reach out to folks who haven't contacted me before.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #537
robnjackpot
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106324
What I Drive: 2012 race red focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 robnjackpot Good Standing Member
Focus Shaking on cold start

this is my first post, ive been reading this forum for about 3 weeks now and have decided to share my story.

Bought a new 2012 focus SE at beginning of October 2012. It was great for about 2-3 weeks. We started noticing that when the car was left out of the garage over night, when we started it in the morning, it would idle very rough and jump between 1k-2k RPM. After waiting a few mins it would calm down to about 1k RPM. Pop it in drive, give some gas and the car would shake horribly(As if someone doesn't know how to use a clutch). This is an Automatic, so stuff like this shouldn't happen.

Take it to the dealer, they run some tests and find faults in the ECU. They order a new ECU, takes 8 days to arrive and get installed. We are told car is fixed and ready for pickup.

We pickup that evening, drives home no issues. Next morning, start it up, same problem...

Bring back to dealer, they are stumped, give us another rental and start troubleshooting. They now determined that the car is over fueling and fuel injectors need to be replaced. The replace 4 injectors, test the car on a cold start the next morning and are satisfied with the repair. I tell them ill come in the next day to pick it up.

As we are on our way down, they call me and tell me not to come get it, as they just started it up, and the problem is still there...even though they tested it the day before with no issue.

So, ive had the car for 3 weeks, the dealer has had it for 2.5 weeks. We brought it to them for a repair before my first payment even came out of the bank.

I've been logging all my issues with Ford Canada customer service. They have a case created for me. I've also been in contact with the owner of the dealership. At this point I don't really want the vehicle back. They cant seem to fix the issue, and I am no longer confident that this particular vehicle is reliable. We don't have Lemon Laws in Canada, we do have a Govt. program called CAMVAP, in which you can fight to get your money back for the car.

Has anyone else had any experience with this? I'm at a loss and feel that I wasted my money. I really just want my money back or for them to give me a new vehicle, or at the very least, repair my car, and give me a free extended warranty to relieve my reliability concerns.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #538
Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnjackpot View Post
this is my first post, ive been reading this forum for about 3 weeks now and have decided to share my story.

Bought a new 2012 focus SE at beginning of October 2012. It was great for about 2-3 weeks. We started noticing that when the car was left out of the garage over night, when we started it in the morning, it would idle very rough and jump between 1k-2k RPM. After waiting a few mins it would calm down to about 1k RPM. Pop it in drive, give some gas and the car would shake horribly(As if someone doesn't know how to use a clutch). This is an Automatic, so stuff like this shouldn't happen.

Take it to the dealer, they run some tests and find faults in the ECU. They order a new ECU, takes 8 days to arrive and get installed. We are told car is fixed and ready for pickup.

We pickup that evening, drives home no issues. Next morning, start it up, same problem...

Bring back to dealer, they are stumped, give us another rental and start troubleshooting. They now determined that the car is over fueling and fuel injectors need to be replaced. The replace 4 injectors, test the car on a cold start the next morning and are satisfied with the repair. I tell them ill come in the next day to pick it up.

As we are on our way down, they call me and tell me not to come get it, as they just started it up, and the problem is still there...even though they tested it the day before with no issue.

So, ive had the car for 3 weeks, the dealer has had it for 2.5 weeks. We brought it to them for a repair before my first payment even came out of the bank.

I've been logging all my issues with Ford Canada customer service. They have a case created for me. I've also been in contact with the owner of the dealership. At this point I don't really want the vehicle back. They cant seem to fix the issue, and I am no longer confident that this particular vehicle is reliable. We don't have Lemon Laws in Canada, we do have a Govt. program called CAMVAP, in which you can fight to get your money back for the car.

Has anyone else had any experience with this? I'm at a loss and feel that I wasted my money. I really just want my money back or for them to give me a new vehicle, or at the very least, repair my car, and give me a free extended warranty to relieve my reliability concerns.
Heya Robnjackpot,

I have a contacted the CAMVAC people a few months back. Pm me and I will share my experience with you.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:26 AM   #539
paul21
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87707
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 0 paul21 Newbie
Quote:

You can still get a settlement from the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act. It shouldn't cost you anything (for representation) since it's a consumer protection law (well it will cost you something if you win, probably 30% of the settlement, but nothing if you lose). If you have a stack of service records and a still unresolved issue, you can invoke this law for the duration of the warranty.

Basically every time you take you car in for an issue it loses some of its resale value, and you purchased a car with a warranty and that warranty should be worth something. If you're getting a lot of repairs done and things still aren't working, the warranty has no value effectively, in addition to the lost resale value from the stack of service records. You can get a lawyer to write some letters of demand to Ford for a 30% cut and probably get 1-5k in a settlement, just guessing. It would probably cost Ford that much money to just to show up for court, win or lose.

If they give you 3k for example, you could trade your car in to the dealership that says it works fine for KBB and replace the car with an identical one a few months newer (not that we'll ever be getting Fords again).
Old 11-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #540
Ysteven
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101029
What I Drive: 2012 oxford white sel, H2, F-150

FF Reputation: 1 Ysteven Good Standing Member
PratoN

I thought you been at the dealership last week. Is it still the same? What they did, what print out you got?
Ford translates ( Fix O Repair Daily). :-)))
Can't wait to trade mine in.
Does anyone tried back buying trade option? Thinking to sale them back and take new Fusion.
Anyone tried transactions like that? Don't know how big of the difference will be versus selling on the market.

Bookmarks & Social Networks