Water collecting at bottom of doors after rain - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #31
inxsary
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97854
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE

Points 306, Level 6
Points: 306, Level: 6 Points: 306, Level: 6 Points: 306, Level: 6
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 inxsary Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I couldn't figure out how to post the video, so I put it on my flickr and you can see it here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/karenmsarna/8045375090/

I don't think I got the "gush" but you can see where the water is collecting.

-Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #32
doublej
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100611
What I Drive: 2012, yellow blaze, SE Sport hatch

FF Reputation: 0 doublej Newbie
So is that where one of the slits are located.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #33
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,791, Level 32
Points: 2,791, Level: 32 Points: 2,791, Level: 32 Points: 2,791, Level: 32
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%
FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
So is that where one of the slits are located.
Yes, I believe so. I looked a couple of weeks ago and from what I can tell the slit in the (at least my) door lines up directly with the weather stripping so it holds the water inside the door until you open it. It'll probably cause some rusting once salty highway water covers my car and eventually drains down in there - I got a car wash last Friday... I should probably open that door to see if there's still water in there.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #34
HuskerFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100149
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HuskerFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Yes, I believe so. I looked a couple of weeks ago and from what I can tell the slit in the (at least my) door lines up directly with the weather stripping so it holds the water inside the door until you open it. It'll probably cause some rusting once salty highway water covers my car and eventually drains down in there - I got a car wash last Friday... I should probably open that door to see if there's still water in there.
Is that the issue?

And/or has anyone found the issue and a fix? I have the problem (noticed for a while) and only now is it really really bugging me since it rained last night, then froze over night. I couldn't open my driver side rear door! And ice was on the plastic lining as well as covering the bottom of the door itself.

Like a few have mentioned, rain itself doesn't really bother me since I open the doors enough, its the salt and ice that concern me.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #35
pablo94sc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104464
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue SE Sport 5dr (5spd)

Points 494, Level 9
Points: 494, Level: 9 Points: 494, Level: 9 Points: 494, Level: 9
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 pablo94sc Good Standing Member
Same issue - waterfall when I opened the DS rear door this morning. I'd say at least 8oz of water came out from the size of the puddle left on the driveway. And like the video above, the water is resting above the plastic trim on the sill. I'm not taking the car back to the shop anytime soon, but I would like to know if anyone figures out a fix for this.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #36
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,106, Level 34
Points: 3,106, Level: 34 Points: 3,106, Level: 34 Points: 3,106, Level: 34
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by inxsary View Post
I couldn't figure out how to post the video, so I put it on my flickr and you can see it here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/karenmsarna/8045375090/

I don't think I got the "gush" but you can see where the water is collecting.

-Karen
Thanks for the video, inxsary. Hopefully this will help out some of the other people who are having this same issue. Has your dealer had any luck diagnosing/repairing the leak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFocus View Post
Is that the issue?

And/or has anyone found the issue and a fix? I have the problem (noticed for a while) and only now is it really really bugging me since it rained last night, then froze over night. I couldn't open my driver side rear door! And ice was on the plastic lining as well as covering the bottom of the door itself.

Like a few have mentioned, rain itself doesn't really bother me since I open the doors enough, its the salt and ice that concern me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo94sc View Post
Same issue - waterfall when I opened the DS rear door this morning. I'd say at least 8oz of water came out from the size of the puddle left on the driveway. And like the video above, the water is resting above the plastic trim on the sill. I'm not taking the car back to the shop anytime soon, but I would like to know if anyone figures out a fix for this.
Hey folks,

I would advise that you all make appointments at your respective dealerships to get this checked out, especially now that weather is getting colder. I'm happy to get your cases escalated as well; just send me a PM with your details (VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name) and I'll get to work.

Thanks!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 11-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #37
mamboman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105137
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 mamboman Good Standing Member
Hi all - I'm having this same problem. My 2012 Focus has been into the dealer twice (in Canada), and they don't seem to be able to figure it out.

I'm able to reproduce it easily:

1) At a car wash, holding a hose on the door for 4-5 minutes. Open door, lots of water comes out.

2) Rain. It won't drain out over night either. It rained here on Sunday, and when I opened the door on Monday morning a fair amount of water came out.

This is really an odd issue, and I can't understand why it can't be fixed? This cannot be normal. I'm worried because it is getting cold here, and the water inside the door will easily freeze soon.

How can it be normal when it's only one door? The other rear door doesn't do it, nor does the driver side door.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #38
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,106, Level 34
Points: 3,106, Level: 34 Points: 3,106, Level: 34 Points: 3,106, Level: 34
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamboman View Post
Hi all - I'm having this same problem. My 2012 Focus has been into the dealer twice (in Canada), and they don't seem to be able to figure it out.

I'm able to reproduce it easily:

1) At a car wash, holding a hose on the door for 4-5 minutes. Open door, lots of water comes out.

2) Rain. It won't drain out over night either. It rained here on Sunday, and when I opened the door on Monday morning a fair amount of water came out.

This is really an odd issue, and I can't understand why it can't be fixed? This cannot be normal. I'm worried because it is getting cold here, and the water inside the door will easily freeze soon.

How can it be normal when it's only one door? The other rear door doesn't do it, nor does the driver side door.
Hi mamboman,

I'd recommend giving Ford Canada a call; they can coordinate efforts with your dealership and work on a resolution. You can reach them at 1-800-565-3673.

Questions? Concerns? Feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll see how I can help.
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 11-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #39
memphiscbrider
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86469
What I Drive: 2012 white se

FF Reputation: 1 memphiscbrider Good Standing Member
@crystal fordcustomerservice. Crystal. I've had this problem as well. Took it to my local ford dealer to get it looked at and the dealer said that ford said that it's acceptable. I, however, in my opinion do not find any standing water in what's considered to me to be inside the car, acceptable. I told them that and all they could tell me again was that it's acceptable. We had a bit of rain today and sure enough. There was water standing in my doors. I didnt take pictures but if I were to right now. You could see the filth left behind in the sills since I haven't cleaned them yet. Any help would be nice. Thx
Old 11-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #40
mamboman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105137
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 mamboman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by memphiscbrider View Post
@crystal fordcustomerservice. Crystal. I've had this problem as well. Took it to my local ford dealer to get it looked at and the dealer said that ford said that it's acceptable. I, however, in my opinion do not find any standing water in what's considered to me to be inside the car, acceptable. I told them that and all they could tell me again was that it's acceptable. We had a bit of rain today and sure enough. There was water standing in my doors. I didnt take pictures but if I were to right now. You could see the filth left behind in the sills since I haven't cleaned them yet. Any help would be nice. Thx
Sigh. This is quickly becoming a big issue! What is ford going to do about it?

Bookmarks & Social Networks