TSB 12-11-01 Posted Today - MFT v3.5.1 - Page 14 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #131
Tempusthales
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104155
What I Drive: 2012, Candy Blue, Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Tempusthales Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The update works great. I updated yesterday morning and have been driving all day with it.

I have been using it all day the new 3.5.1 version. The new things I have noticed and items that are fixed that I noticed are the following.

1. Bluetooth pairing is easier. You don't have too put in the pairing number on your iPhone. You just have to match it.
2. The iPhone iOS 6 works better. My phone use to drop connection when first starting the car and it would take about 10 seconds for it to connect. Now it takes about a second to connect and stays connected.
3. Bluetooth audio plays better. It keeps up with changing songs etc. It used to show question marks or not even change the title. It also shows how many songs are on the iPhone and the time of the song.
4. In USB mode. Playing music. If there isn't a album cover it will show a generic cover for pop or jazz etc.
5. When at the home screen and making a call it use to show the signal strength over the contact I was calling. It has been fixed and shows correctly.
6. The screen seems more snappier. Changing channels in sirius or fm radio keeps up when changing fast.
7. Climate controls work fine.

One negative is that the iPhone still does not work with texting. It now says this phone is not compatible. I wish Apple or Ford or whoever would make this work.

Last edited by Tempusthales; 11-11-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #132
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 slybarman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfire View Post
Typically we can have them in a few days

Sent from my iPhone 4 using FF Mobile
OK - if they mail them out that quickly, I wont waste too much time and effort trying to get one from the dealer. I can wait a few days.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:33 PM   #133
Sargetalon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95695
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Sargetalon Good Standing Member
I thought I'd report back in with another day of 3.5.1 under my belt and some more findings/thoughts.

-I'm told call quality sounds a little bit better on the recipients end.
-Definitely working much more nicely with Bluetooth stereo (No more Bluetooth dance: doesn't connect, manually force connect, switch to another source, switch back to Bluetooth stereo, hit play on the device - so annoying).
-The USB input (64GB iPod Touch 4th Gen) is much snappier and the sound quality of the tracks is improved (had horrible popping noises previously which were not present when playing back outside of MFT).
-Bluetooth stereo input now has multiple source indicators so you can have more than one Bluetooth device paired and can select the input to stream.

The only new glitch that I see so far is when I hit the home button on my steering wheel, the home screen will show and then it will go blank for a second and then show again. I can live with that for what seems to be an overall improved system.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #134
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargetalon View Post
-Definitely working much more nicely with Bluetooth stereo (No more Bluetooth dance: doesn't connect, manually force connect, switch to another source, switch back to Bluetooth stereo, hit play on the device - so annoying).
I'm on 3.2.2. Do you think my dealership will do this update for just this little glitch, though? (I have NAV so I can't do the installation myself without needing a new A4 card.)
Old 11-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #135
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
I told my dealership my voice commands are still terrible and that was all it took. Going in tonight at 6 to get it done. They have a Nav card for me.

Tell them your voice commands are hit-and-miss and your BT call quality is awful.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #136
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
I'm on 3.2.2. Do you think my dealership will do this update for just this little glitch, though? (I have NAV so I can't do the installation myself without needing a new A4 card.)
It just depends on the dealership. My dealer is making me go through hell for this update. They ran my VIN and said my 2013 (V 3.0.2) doesn't need it unless I can demonstrate a problem that the update specifically addresses and my intermittent BT connection issue doesn't cut it. I also have nav so getting the A4 card ordered is making it worse.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #137
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Over the weekend I paired a Nexus 7 with MFT to use as a media streaming device. It works great until MFT is cycled off/on after which the Nexus 7 still connects with it but no longer appears in the device list along with AM, FM, Sirius, USB, etc... The fix is to delete and re-add the Nexus 7 but I don't want to do that every time I get in the car.

Has anybody tried pairing a tablet or BT device other than a phone to MFT in addition to their cell phone?

I am tempted to install v3.5.1 to see if it fixes the problem but after the climate control fiasco with v3.2.2 I really don't want to go through the hassle of taking the car to the dealer; already been there this month.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #138
12RedHotHatch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96478
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Focus Titanium Hback

FF Reputation: 1 12RedHotHatch Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
I was able list a number of Bluetooth Audio issues I was having and they did the update.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #139
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpalm View Post
It just depends on the dealership. My dealer is making me go through hell for this update. They ran my VIN and said my 2013 (V 3.0.2) doesn't need it unless I can demonstrate a problem that the update specifically addresses and my intermittent BT connection issue doesn't cut it. I also have nav so getting the A4 card ordered is making it worse.
That seems a little ridiculous. I would think a BT connection issue, even intermittent, would do it. Ask them about the recall from Ford that put all cars on demonstration/delivery hold until they have the update applied. This means that Ford does not want potential new customers to even be allowed to see any version before this new update and they do not want new owners to be allowed to take their cars with any version but this new one.

Ask them how come then, if Ford doesn't even want people to see the version you have or drive away with the version you have, it is OK for you to be stuck with that version. That doesn't seem right.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #140
12RedHotHatch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96478
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Focus Titanium Hback

FF Reputation: 1 12RedHotHatch Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
Over the weekend I paired a Nexus 7 with MFT to use as a media streaming device. It works great until MFT is cycled off/on after which the Nexus 7 still connects with it but no longer appears in the device list along with AM, FM, Sirius, USB, etc... The fix is to delete and re-add the Nexus 7 but I don't want to do that every time I get in the car.

Has anybody tried pairing a tablet or BT device other than a phone to MFT in addition to their cell phone?

I am tempted to install v3.5.1 to see if it fixes the problem but after the climate control fiasco with v3.2.2 I really don't want to go through the hassle of taking the car to the dealer; already been there this month.
That is one of the problems I was having with my iPhone 5 and MFT. Based on my couple days and the comments of others I have seen, 3.5.1 takes care of that issue. You need the dealer if you have nav because they need to change the nav card from A3 to A4.

Bookmarks & Social Networks