TSB 12-11-01 Posted Today - MFT v3.5.1 - Page 13 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #121
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Crap. Just got back from the dealer. I had a downloaded copy of 3.5.1 on USB and a paper copy of the TSB in hand. I didn't have an appointment but was hoping they would just let me sit out in the parking lot and install myself and just write it up and give me the A4 card when I was done. They wouldn't let me get away with that. Damn. Oh well, at least they are honest. Anyhow, I have an appointment for 6:00 pm Monday.

Fortunately I called Monday when the TSB was issued and they knew nothing about it and had to look into it. They called back later with more info and said they just ordered some A4 cards and would tag one with my name. We walked back and checked with the parts dept. and sure enough one was there for me so I don't have to wait. He said they are getting them in slowly.

While I was talking with the service manager about the TSB, he said they got that Monday and then two days later got a recall notice from Ford that put all lot cars on demonstration/delivery hold until they are updated. They can't show customers MFT unless it is a car that has been updated and they can't deliver a vehicle to a customer until it has been updated. He said they are getting the A4 cards in such small lots that they have people waiting that can't pick up their cars (and they are annoyed).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #122
12RedHotHatch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96478
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Focus Titanium Hback

FF Reputation: 1 12RedHotHatch Good Standing Member
My dealer applied the MFT 3.5.1 this morning and had the A4 Nav. card to replace mine with. I will say few times I have driven since updating MFT, the problems I was having with Bluetooth Audio since upgrading to the iPhone 5 have disappeared and it does seem to run faster. As I was redoing my settings, I do not have to wait for screens like it did before.

I will also have to get props to Billy Howell Ford. They handled it quickly with no issues. It probably did not hurt my case when I showed the service rep a picture from last night that showed my phone was not connected to MFT but Bluetooth Audio from my phone was playing.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #123
earthling_david
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104836
What I Drive: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST

FF Reputation: 1 earthling_david Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
I don't know why these updates keep requiring new NAV cards... why would they even have the SMR website if those with NAV have to wait for new cards with every release?

(okay, not EVERY release... but all the good ones/big fixes, it seems)
And isn't it just an SD card with data on it? Why don't they just give us the new files we need or and we could update our existing cards?
Old 11-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #124
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
I called my dealer's service department to see about getting the A4 card and they said the only way to get it was to call a number that was supposed to be on a paper in my glove box for the nav company. I didn't find anything but the case the A3 card came in. I went to the navigation.com/ford website and it said I had the most up-to-date card already, which obviously I do not.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #125
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
I called my dealer's service department to see about getting the A4 card and they said the only way to get it was to call a number that was supposed to be on a paper in my glove box for the nav company. I didn't find anything but the case the A3 card came in. I went to the navigation.com/ford website and it said I had the most up-to-date card already, which obviously I do not.
Did you give them the TSB number and have the update done? An A4 card probably will not work in previous MFT editions the same way an A3 card will not work in 3.5.1.
2014 FiST-
Old 11-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #126
slybarman
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Did you give them the TSB number and have the update done? An A4 card probably will not work in previous MFT editions the same way an A3 card will not work in 3.5.1.
I did not specifically mention the TSB. I asked them how I get the A4 card and the MFT update. I guess I can call back Monday and specifically mention the TSB.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #127
misfire

Fan#: 31379
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2014 Mazda CX-5

FF Reputation: 31 misfire Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
There are two ways to get the card. Wait for ford to mail it to you or call your dealership and tell them there is a recall on your car and they will order on for you.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using FF Mobile
Old 11-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #128
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Yaaaaaaaay it finally works (climate control, properly). Everything seems normal (at the moment), never updating again.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #129
slybarman
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfire View Post
There are two ways to get the card. Wait for ford to mail it to you or call your dealership and tell them there is a recall on your car and they will order on for you.

OK - thanks. How long does it normally take Ford to send them?
Old 11-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #130
misfire

Fan#: 31379
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2014 Mazda CX-5

FF Reputation: 31 misfire Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Typically we can have them in a few days

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->