2012 focus - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #21
2012SEL2gen
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104966
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus SEL

Points 290, Level 5
Points: 290, Level: 5 Points: 290, Level: 5 Points: 290, Level: 5
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 2012SEL2gen Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Mine drives so much better now that the weather has turned colder. But still if i'm sitting in traffic for a while, I still get the whiplash shudder and the slipping feeling as it goes into 2nd gear.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #22
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,284, Level 35
Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012SEL2gen View Post
Mine drives so much better now that the weather has turned colder. But still if i'm sitting in traffic for a while, I still get the whiplash shudder and the slipping feeling as it goes into 2nd gear.
Hi 2012SEL2gen,

During your next appointment, I'd definitely have your dealer sit with you in your vehicle so you can show them what behavior your vehicle is exhibiting. Please reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns; I'm happy to see how I can help.

Have a great weekend,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 11-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #23
nightridermz3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 84944
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ford Focus Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 nightridermz3 Good Standing Member
I'm hearing the grinding sound on my 2012 May Focus Titanium sedan. Its usually when accelerating like others have said. Sometimes I feel a stutter as well, and vibrations here and there. None of this should be "normal" to me. Then again I have 36k miles already on her.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #24
Veedio
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86446
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Veedio Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012SEL2gen View Post
I get that too and hope my dealer will be able to take care of that and also do the MFT update as I'm one of the ones who put 3.2.2 on before they pulled it (and lost the climate screen).

It's embarassing having others in my car when it drives the way does right now.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #25
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,284, Level 35
Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightridermz3 View Post
I'm hearing the grinding sound on my 2012 May Focus Titanium sedan. Its usually when accelerating like others have said. Sometimes I feel a stutter as well, and vibrations here and there. None of this should be "normal" to me. Then again I have 36k miles already on her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedio View Post
I get that too and hope my dealer will be able to take care of that and also do the MFT update as I'm one of the ones who put 3.2.2 on before they pulled it (and lost the climate screen).

Hi nightridermz3 and Veedio,

Your dealership is always going to be the best place to start when it comes to accurate diagnosis and repair of your vehicle. Additionally, I'm happy to escalate each of your cases; just send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number and full name. I'm on the case!

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 11-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #26
biggc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96727
What I Drive: 2012 yellow se hatch,5sp spt.pack

FF Reputation: 1 biggc Good Standing Member
that why i got the 5 speed, 11k no problems
Old 12-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #27
r1ch999999
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106748
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 r1ch999999 Good Standing Member
I'm wishing I bought the manual, 700 miles on my Focus and I think I'm having the same issue.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #28
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

Points 315, Level 6
Points: 315, Level: 6 Points: 315, Level: 6 Points: 315, Level: 6
Level Up 30% Completed
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1ch999999 View Post
I'm wishing I bought the manual, 700 miles on my Focus and I think I'm having the same issue.
have you consulted your dealer? there are two technical service bulletins and one recall that I know of that apply to hesitation, stutter, etc on the automatic.

be aware that "some" hesitation-stutter IS normal at very low speed shifts BUT this is NOT a one size fits all explanation.

Take your time to read all the posts here because you will see that the transmission problems range from very mild-normal for this type transmission to others so bad the dealer needed to remove the transmission and replace seals and/or throwout bearings.

If you take your time and read all the posts, you may end up knowing more than the dealer and I have found if you are pro-active and know the subject well, Ford can and does want you to be happy.

All my transmission problems completely disappeared when the cold new england weather hit, and I had 12,000 miles at the point. How could these problems disappear if they are normal?

When this transmission is running properly, you can not get a sportier, economical, more fun car unless you want to spend $10,000 more.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #29
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Points 315, Level 6
Level Up 30% Completed
Forum Activity 3%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedio View Post

I agree, when your passengers ask what is wrong, that is NOT normal. Plus how can this problem be so reduced in cold weather if it normal ?
Old 12-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #30
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Points 315, Level 6
Level Up 30% Completed
Forum Activity 3%
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkirk View Post
I've noticed the same thing with regard to ambient temperature. As the temps in MD have dropped to the 40s and 50s the grinding noise is pretty much gone. The first time I noticed it was last year during an indian summer.

Think ford is trying to gauge how much/little they need to do to fix this problem. There are certainly cases of broken seals causing clutch problems. does every DCT that shows wonky behavior have a bad seal? Maybe they can figure out how to give it an ultrasound.

It is interesting that more stories seem to be popping up on the forums about folks getting their clutches replaced.
I have read hundreds of posts on this subject plus reviews in car magazines and car sites. I feel the focus transmission problems break down as follows.

Most people, maybe 60%+ seem to be fine.
another 35% have a stutter-hesitation enough to attrcat questions from their passengers.
the final 5% have severe problems like stutted and stalls in intersectionsm, highway lanes changes etc.

Fixes range from two TSB's and a recall to actually removing the transmission and replacing seals and/or throwout bearings.

This is a great car for the money if it runs right and Ford didn't get this big not caring aboyut customers, but you MUST be proactive, read all the posts across this site by searching focus 2012 transmission. Know the tsb's that are out there, read consumer reports reviews, if the dealer won't help, talk to Crystal here at this board and get your case escalated.

also be aware "some" mild stutter-hesitation at low speed startups IS normal for this type automatic BUT NOT if it is so pronounced that your passengers ask what is wrong.

I have found giving it a bit more gas avoids the problem many times BUT this car is quick, a little more gas may mean you lunge forward off a redlight.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.