Squeaks, creaks, and rattles - Page 9 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #81
Shorty Long
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68979
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium, Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 2 Shorty Long Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Strange...I have a few minor rattles, one from above. It wasn't bothering me to the point where I would take it in, but now I'm worried about my springs. Does anyone know if this is associated with a particular build date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post
ATTENTION: anyone with the rattling headliner problem. There is a problem with the front springs that cause the car to vibrate/headliner to rattle. Ford has a bulletin out about this. I took my car to the dealer for the rattling headliner, and they replaced the springs (to my confusion). It COMPLETELY solved my issue, no "re-gluing" of hte headliner needed!

See this thread.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276396
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #82
Shorty Long
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68979
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium, Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 2 Shorty Long Good Standing Member
I have the same issue...more of a squeak than a rattle. I tried fooling with the plastic plate behind the wheel/below gauge cluster and it popped off when I tried to "shift" it.

Did you find a solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbot45 View Post
My main squeak is from the piece of plastic between the gauge cluster and the steering wheel. I'm trying to figure out if there's any way to stop it.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #83
Bigbot45
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87124
What I Drive: 2014 Q50 - Formally 2012 Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 Bigbot45 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Long View Post
I have the same issue...more of a squeak than a rattle. I tried fooling with the plastic plate behind the wheel/below gauge cluster and it popped off when I tried to "shift" it.

Did you find a solution?
No luck; I brought it to the dealer hoping to get a replacement piece but since they couldn't hear it during a test drive they didn't replace the part. It seems when it's warm outside that squeaks and when it's cold outside my headliner squeaks.
1990 Mazda Protege <-- 1986 Subaru GL-10 Turbo
1986 Volvo 240 DL
Old 11-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #84
jdwhite9547
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105768
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 jdwhite9547 Good Standing Member
I also have a 2012 Focus titanium that rattlers and i have a bad vibration coming from the rar passenger side a pillar. I work for a Ford Dealer and have taken it in to service 3 times and they put foam in the headliner as the glue that holds it around the sunroof opening had separates. It fixed it for a week and it is back to rattling again and I have difficulty closing the sunroof now because of the foam in there. The vibration they can not find the problem for and it is becoming very annoying. Yes it going back into the shop tomorrow. I totally agree that we should not pay $28,000 for a car that sounds 10 years old after driving it for 6 months. The noises were not there when it was new and Ford should seriously address this problemm. There are no TSB's out on this issue.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #85
wsdmskr825
Banned

Fan#: 87715
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Sport 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 wsdmskr825 Good Standing Member
So, about 3 days into colder temps here in Jersey and my headliner, which had been "refoamed" by the dealership last October, is making noises again. I also have had the sunroof refuse to close several times since the "refoaming." Plus, no fix from Ford regarding the wind noise coming off of the side mirrors. I well definitely be rethinking any future decision to buy a new Ford. Lovely.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #86
AmishGuy91
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 85045
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 AmishGuy91 Good Standing Member
I didn't ever have a rattle from the headliner but I had the issue of the yellow glue showing up through the headliner in about 4 spots. Ford approved the dealership putting in a new headliner.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #87
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishGuy91 View Post
I didn't ever have a rattle from the headliner...
Maybe it's because you're in Texas?
Old 11-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #88
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwhite9547 View Post
I also have a 2012 Focus titanium that rattlers and i have a bad vibration coming from the rar passenger side a pillar. I work for a Ford Dealer and have taken it in to service 3 times and they put foam in the headliner as the glue that holds it around the sunroof opening had separates. It fixed it for a week and it is back to rattling again and I have difficulty closing the sunroof now because of the foam in there. The vibration they can not find the problem for and it is becoming very annoying. Yes it going back into the shop tomorrow...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsdmskr825 View Post
So, about 3 days into colder temps here in Jersey and my headliner, which had been "refoamed" by the dealership last October, is making noises again. I also have had the sunroof refuse to close several times since the "refoaming."...
Hi jdwhite9547 and wsdmskr825,

I'd like to escalate both of your cases to your regional customer service managers. They'll reach out to both you and your dealership to coordinate efforts on a resolution. To get started, please send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name.

Thanks!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #89
skiboarder119
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98455
What I Drive: 2012 black TI 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 skiboarder119 Good Standing Member
Just want to add that I have all these same issues. No rattles when I took delivery of my car. Now (at 5000 miles) I have rattles from both B pillars(seat belt adjusters), rattles from the sunroof if the shade is in certain places, a rattle from the passenger door speaker during songs with a decent amount of bass and volume, and a rattle from the front drivers dashboard somewhere on bumpy roads.

Most of these are minor enough that I think they exist on most or all foci', but you have to have good ears to hear them and even better ears to have them bother you. Hopefully they will get bad enough before my warranty goes out that they can be located and correctly fixed.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:57 PM   #90
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder119 View Post
Just want to add that I have all these same issues. No rattles when I took delivery of my car. Now (at 5000 miles) I have rattles from both B pillars(seat belt adjusters), rattles from the sunroof if the shade is in certain places, a rattle from the passenger door speaker during songs with a decent amount of bass and volume, and a rattle from the front drivers dashboard somewhere on bumpy roads...
Hi skiboarder119,

Have you visited your dealership so they can take a look? They'll be your best bet to get your Focus accurately diagnosed and repaired. Additionally, I'd like to escalate your case to your region's customer service manager. To do so, I'll need a PM from you with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name. I'll make sure your information gets in the right hands and that someone contacts you promptly.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Bookmarks & Social Networks