Best Blue Oval product? (under $30k) - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #11
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZugg View Post
Dude, you've got the BEST color on your focus, you can't be unhappy with it.

Seriously though, regrets?
My one primary regret with this car is not waiting for the ST to come out. Also, I've got a clunk in my right front suspension that bothers the hell out of me, but I might have it fixed this time. I've yet to see an ST owner complain of suspension noise, strangely enough. I'm not sure what Ford changed, but whatever they did, it seems to have worked.

Honestly, though, the '12 SE Sport Focus is great. Decent power, really good handling, and you're right, I love this color. I've also added Eibach pro-kits, ST struts/strut mounts, a thicker rear sway, and Koni Yellow rear shocks to bump the handling up a few notches. So, basically I've turned my car into a pseudo-ST1 without the brakes or drivetrain.

But if you want a car that performs well out of the box, go for the ST.

Also, I'd recommend the ST1, personally. The MFT headaches aren't worth it to me to get the Recaros; the base radio is the same as what I have in my SE, and it works fairly flawlessly (as long as you don't use an ipod touch).

Additionally, the sport seats in the ST1 are basically the same seats that are in my 203a SE Sport, and they're awesome. I have no fatigue on long drives with these seats, and the bolstering is still pretty decent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #12
ZugZugg
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105722
What I Drive: 2011 Mazda MX-5 miata

FF Reputation: 1 ZugZugg Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout706 View Post
Think family - you never own a car and say 'I wish I'd gotten smaller', specially when you are packing kids' (yes, plural possessive) stuff. The element won't always be available. How about a used Taurus wagon, the re-badged Volvo?
I know that a Focus isn't a huge car, but (to me at least) it feels like it's got enough space for diaper bags, stroller, etc.

Wagons are awesome, and I wish that more were generally available in north america, but I thought that the most recent taurus wagon was a 2007 or a little earlier? At that point, why not just get the actual volvo instead of the rebadge?
Old 11-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #13
ZugZugg
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
My one primary regret with this car is not waiting for the ST to come out. Also, I've got a clunk in my right front suspension that bothers the hell out of me, but I might have it fixed this time. I've yet to see an ST owner complain of suspension noise, strangely enough. I'm not sure what Ford changed, but whatever they did, it seems to have worked.

Honestly, though, the '12 SE Sport Focus is great. Decent power, really good handling, and you're right, I love this color. I've also added Eibach pro-kits, ST struts/strut mounts, a thicker rear sway, and Koni Yellow rear shocks to bump the handling up a few notches. So, basically I've turned my car into a pseudo-ST1 without the brakes or drivetrain.

But if you want a car that performs well out of the box, go for the ST.

Also, I'd recommend the ST1, personally. The MFT headaches aren't worth it to me to get the Recaros; the base radio is the same as what I have in my SE, and it works fairly flawlessly (as long as you don't use an ipod touch).

Additionally, the sport seats in the ST1 are basically the same seats that are in my 203a SE Sport, and they're awesome. I have no fatigue on long drives with these seats, and the bolstering is still pretty decent.
Thanks for the honest feedback.

Everyone keeps bashing on MFT, and it's gotten to the point where I'm starting to believe that they might be right. But at the same time, it can't be that bad, can it?
Old 11-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #14
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZugg View Post
Thanks for the honest feedback.

Everyone keeps bashing on MFT, and it's gotten to the point where I'm starting to believe that they might be right. But at the same time, it can't be that bad, can it?
Its laggy, buggy, and generally seems to be many people's biggest fault with the MK3 Focus.

Apparently, though, there is a new update that was just released yesterday that seems to greatly improve upon the usability. See here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301557
Old 11-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #15
disciplerocks
GT40 all the things!

Fan#: 59330
What I Drive: 04 ZX3, 12 Hatch

FF Reputation: 13 disciplerocks Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Exactly why I got mine with every option minus MFT.
89 Bronco II XLT Crawler
Old 11-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #16
Effected
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93697
What I Drive: 2009 red coupe SE Stick

FF Reputation: 1 Effected Good Standing Member
2013 v6 mustang. Hands down
Old 11-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #17
ZugZugg
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effected View Post
2013 v6 mustang. Hands down
You've got to give more explanation than that! Great Scott Man, we need to know!
Old 11-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #18
nuskool
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 47585
What I Drive: 07 silver ZX5 SES slushbox

FF Reputation: 1 nuskool Good Standing Member
Starting a Family? Get the ST. Fusion would better if you weren't into sportiness. And Keep the $ in the lower end of your budget. With planning a family you'll be glad you did.

There is compromise to everything. But once you have the kid/kids they will be, by far, the most important thing in your life and your car won't matter to you near as much as it does right now.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #19
StockTalon

Fan#: 94771
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 StockTalon Good Standing Member
Mustang all the way.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:41 AM   #20
ZugZugg
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuskool View Post
Starting a Family? Get the ST. Fusion would better if you weren't into sportiness. And Keep the $ in the lower end of your budget. With planning a family you'll be glad you did.

There is compromise to everything. But once you have the kid/kids they will be, by far, the most important thing in your life and your car won't matter to you near as much as it does right now.
Maybe it's just me, but I always felt like a hatch was more useful for young kids (for the first 6-8 years) than a slightly larger back seat would be. Am I way off base?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockTalon View Post
Mustang all the way.
But WHY????

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->