TSB 12-11-01 Posted Today - MFT v3.5.1 - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #71
miltownsho
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105632
What I Drive: 2013 Black Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 miltownsho Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Well, got my car back after nearly 4 hours. Didn't have much time to test anything as the extended service department learning process made me late for work.

At the end, they finally realize that they need the A4 card (despite the number of times I asked if they had it), so I have to go back in a few days.

All it cost me was about 30 miles on the odo and an eighth of a tank of gas
I went in last night to update MFT as suggested by Sync support.

Unknown to the tech and I Ford had updated Oasis to 3.51 by the time I arrived.

Took 4 hours for me as we'll I finally walked over and spoke to tech and he said it was giving him a navigation error. I suggested he look at the TSB and it took me a whole 3 seconds to read it needs an A4 card.

Cards been ordered, hoping to get it tomorrow.

Was furious though he wasted my night and gas from just from not reading. Not to mention the scratch. Was great experience for a car that I just bought Saturday. NOT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #72
RazorbackMustang
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102875
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus, 2011 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 RazorbackMustang Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpalm View Post
This same dealer put 40 miles on my car over 2 days because the tech had to replicate a problem I've been having with the sensors... and he couldn't so he suggested they keep my car and drive it until the problem popped up. Nope. Stupid dealer should just do the simple update for me, no questions asked.
Find a new dealer. Even problems that require a drive test don't require 40 miles. They took advantage of you.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #73
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfire View Post
According to Ford Warranty Procedures, NO dealership is to perform a warranty repair unless a concern has been verified or given prior approval from FoMoCo. Any dealership doing anything other than this can be charged back and denied the claim. The dealerships who are not automatically performing the update are just covering their butts as to ensure they get paid from Ford. I know the situation is frustrating, but they are just following rules. You can always call 1-800-392-FORD and start a claim.
I understand what you're saying but in my case, MFT has a few minor issues that I don't think the dealer can replicate on the spot. So either I'm SOL with 3.5.1 or need to start a claim. I want it but I guess my version works good enough...
Old 11-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #74
misfire

Fan#: 31379
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2014 Mazda CX-5

FF Reputation: 30 misfire Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
I understand what you're saying but in my case, MFT has a few minor issues that I don't think the dealer can replicate on the spot. So either I'm SOL with 3.5.1 or need to start a claim. I want it but I guess my version works good enough...
In your case with it being an intermittent issue, it's best to start a case.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #75
RazorbackMustang
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102875
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus, 2011 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 RazorbackMustang Good Standing Member
Quote:
You can do the update yourself. Unless you have nav then you'll need the new card.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #76
12RedHotHatch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96478
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Focus Titanium Hback

FF Reputation: 1 12RedHotHatch Good Standing Member
I have an appt. at my dealer for Saturday. Since upgrading to the iPhone 5, my Bluetooth connection and Bluetooth audio. I am hoping the update will improve this. It is frustrating to lose your Bluetooth audio while you are driving. There is nothing you can do until you stop and I have not figured out a work around.

I am also looking for the fix of when the entertainment buttons go blank and navigation stops showing the street names. At least the is an easy work around for this issue.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #77
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
I installed yesterday. Moved my first impressions to the "My Ford Touch" thread.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #78
georgegren
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96328
What I Drive: 2013 Black 5 door Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 georgegren Good Standing Member
At the dealer now. Even though they said they has the A4 card in stock, they don't. Doing the install without and will have the card in a few days. Luckily my dealer is within walking distance to work.

Impressions to follow.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #79
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Man I will be glad when some of you have had a chance to really run through everything. So far everyone that's gotten it installed has said as much as.. "Got it installed, haven't had time blah blah blah.. ".

I literally just went through the dealership a week ago fixing my lost Climate feature on 3.22. I don't want to go back and have them install 3.5.1 if there's no significant fix to the features I use like Handsfree, Txt Messaging using an Iphone.

Somebody give us a FULL Review of this. :)
Old 11-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #80
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Man I will be glad when some of you have had a chance to really run through everything. So far everyone that's gotten it installed has said as much as.. "Got it installed, haven't had time blah blah blah.. ".

I literally just went through the dealership a week ago fixing my lost Climate feature on 3.22. I don't want to go back and have them install 3.5.1 if there's no significant fix to the features I use like Handsfree, Txt Messaging using an Iphone.

Somebody give us a FULL Review of this. :)
Sorry, no iPhone.

Bookmarks & Social Networks