TSB 12-11-01 Posted Today - MFT v3.5.1 - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #61
misfire

Fan#: 31379
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2014 Mazda CX-5

Points 16,887, Level 83
Points: 16,887, Level: 83 Points: 16,887, Level: 83 Points: 16,887, Level: 83
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 31 misfire Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Thread has been moved to MK3 TSB & Recall Archive
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #62
relisys
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85529
What I Drive: 1999 Black Honda Civic

FF Reputation: 1 relisys Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just downloaded and upgraded my MFT from v3.0.2 to v3.5.1. I don't have Navigation. It is a success.

Changes I have noticed (I'll add to this list as time goes by):
1) Outside temperature display is back, you can choose to turn it on or off.
2) More non-English languages/fonts are supported in MP3 tag display. Ford is thinking about the global market. Go Ford!
3) When adding more bluetooth devices to MFT, you can now cycle through them by pressing the "Bluetooth" button. I tried this with my iPhone 5 and Nexus 7. It worked beautifully.
3.1)However, it goes back to Radio in between the bluetooth devices, it is quite annoying, I would prefer the silence treatment.

Things I still think Ford can do better:
1) Interface is still not as cool and sleek as V2.11. How hard is to get that beautiful style back while keep the current layout (button size, etc)?
2) When changing volumn on steeling wheel, still 2 clicks for one change. The volumn display bar still looks tiny and out of place (or incompatible with the style of the rest of the layout).
3) When cycling through multiple bluetooth devices, please don't go back to radio in between bluetooth devices.

Last edited by relisys; 11-06-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #63
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,161, Level 28
Points: 2,161, Level: 28 Points: 2,161, Level: 28 Points: 2,161, Level: 28
Level Up 8% Completed
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Hey everyone!

Ford has provided a new MyFord Touch software update to our dealers that is available to customers who are experiencing phone compatibility, voice recognition or navigation issues. Due to the need for vehicles that have the navigation option to receive a new SD card after the update, the software is currently only available through the dealership. We will communicate more information about the availability of the update when available. In the meantime, we do not recommend installing the software from any source except for a certified Ford or Lincoln dealer.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #64
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
If anyone that installed the 3.5.1 and has an Iphone. Can you confirm if BT Messaging actually works? Ford Sync had an advanced setting that required owners to enable a BT Map Profile. There is no adv setting on MFT so the messaging never worked.

Also any noticeable improvement in sound quality of Handsfree?
Old 11-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #65
RazorbackMustang
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102875
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus, 2011 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 RazorbackMustang Good Standing Member
Installed last night. It took about 40 minutes but so far it seems to operate a little smoother. I'll report more when I get more time on it. The car is back at the body shop right now getting some things fixed that they did wrong the first time.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #66
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

Points 571, Level 11
Points: 571, Level: 11 Points: 571, Level: 11 Points: 571, Level: 11
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
What's upsetting is that my dealer will not install this update for me unless they can replicate and verify issues that I have with my current version of MFT (3.0.2). I verified with my local Ford Rep (James Hayward) that these updates are designed to improve the user experience and thus should be done at the owners request, regardless if you have current problems or not (like a typical Windows update). Any owner will know that MFT has weird "bugs" that only owners really understand because they are usually inconsistent. I have one with Bluetooth not fully connecting sometimes, resulting in music that skips or meta-data not shown. It's frustrating because I have to leave my car at the dealer for a day just so they can "find" the issue before they do the update...
Old 11-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #67
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

Points 24,360, Level 95
Points: 24,360, Level: 95 Points: 24,360, Level: 95 Points: 24,360, Level: 95
Level Up 1% Completed
Level up: 1% Level up: 1% Level up: 1%
Forum Activity 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpalm View Post
What's upsetting is that my dealer will not install this update for me unless they can replicate and verify issues that I have with my current version of MFT (3.0.2). I verified with my local Ford Rep (James Hayward) that these updates are designed to improve the user experience and thus should be done at the owners request, regardless if you have current problems or not (like a typical Windows update). Any owner will know that MFT has weird "bugs" that only owners really understand because they are usually inconsistent. I have one with Bluetooth not fully connecting sometimes, resulting in music that skips or meta-data not shown. It's frustrating because I have to leave my car at the dealer for a day just so they can "find" the issue before they do the update...
This is exactly how I was treated. Luckily, my presets had been blank for the last couple of months, so they really had no way of denying that I had an issue.

Hopefully your car doesn't go on a 30 mile joy-ride...
2014 FiST-
Old 11-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #68
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

Points 571, Level 11
Points: 571, Level: 11 Points: 571, Level: 11 Points: 571, Level: 11
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
This is exactly how I was treated. Luckily, my presets had been blank for the last couple of months, so they really had no way of denying that I had an issue.

This same dealer put 40 miles on my car over 2 days because the tech had to replicate a problem I've been having with the sensors... and he couldn't so he suggested they keep my car and drive it until the problem popped up. Nope. Stupid dealer should just do the simple update for me, no questions asked.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #69
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hey everyone!

Ford has provided a new MyFord Touch software update to our dealers that is available to customers who are experiencing phone compatibility, voice recognition or navigation issues. Due to the need for vehicles that have the navigation option to receive a new SD card after the update, the software is currently only available through the dealership. We will communicate more information about the availability of the update when available. In the meantime, we do not recommend installing the software from any source except for a certified Ford or Lincoln dealer.

Jaclyn
Now I read this. Already installed. Other than the temperature display being back I don't notice a difference from 3.0.2. - My Zune HD still reads as unrecognized usb device
Old 11-06-2012, 06:12 PM   #70
misfire

Fan#: 31379
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2014 Mazda CX-5

Points 16,887, Level 83
Points: 16,887, Level: 83 Points: 16,887, Level: 83 Points: 16,887, Level: 83
Level Up 8% Completed
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 31 misfire Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post

Quote:
This same dealer put 40 miles on my car over 2 days because the tech had to replicate a problem I've been having with the sensors... and he couldn't so he suggested they keep my car and drive it until the problem popped up. Nope. Stupid dealer should just do the simple update for me, no questions asked.

According to Ford Warranty Procedures, NO dealership is to perform a warranty repair unless a concern has been verified or given prior approval from FoMoCo. Any dealership doing anything other than this can be charged back and denied the claim. The dealerships who are not automatically performing the update are just covering their butts as to ensure they get paid from Ford. I know the situation is frustrating, but they are just following rules. You can always call 1-800-392-FORD and start a claim.

AND as an FYI, the dealerships do NOT have the A4 chips in stock. If they have any in stock, they were sent to them for new vehicles on the lot that did not get the update from the factory. You will need to schedule an appointment with the dealership for them to verify the issue and then they are permitted to order an A4 chip for your vehicle.

I hope this info helps a little.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.