Best Blue Oval product? (under $30k) - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
ZugZugg
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105722
What I Drive: 2011 Mazda MX-5 miata

FF Reputation: 1 ZugZugg Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Best Blue Oval product? (under $30k)

So, I'm planning to purchase a Ford this spring.

Right now, I'm driving a Mazda Miata (recent generation), and my wife drives a Honda Element (our utility vehicle), but we're planning to start a family, and the miata is also just a little small for me (I'm 6'2" and 300#). I'm able to get A-plan pricing on a new ford, which would be a compelling reason to go with the brand.

Right now, I'm waffling mainly between three options:
  • 2013 Mustang (V6) convertible, with the Tech Package (sync, power driver seat, auto-dimming rear-view mirror) and a 6-speed manual. Don't want the coupe, if I don't get a convertible, I'd rather have the smaller size and more functionality of the Focus ST. (probably $26.5k after rebates/incentives)
  • 2013 Focus ST, ST2, (tangerine, perf-blue, or race-red), no moonroof, no nav. (probably $24.5k after rebates/incentives)
  • 2012 Focus SE Hatch, sport package, 203A (Cruise control, sync, 6-speaker stereo), with the 5-speed manual. The cheap option, but still an awesome car, would leave more $$ for other hobbies and savings. (probably $18k after rebates/incentives)

I've also considered looking for a leftover 2012 Fusion (great prices, but not crazy about driving an automatic) or a 2013 Taurus (you can get a ton of car for $22k), or even a Fiesta (so cheap, but might be a touch small, and I've heard that the stick isn't great). Don't really want an SUV.

So, my questions:
  1. How valuable is Sync (to those of you who have it)? Is it a gotta-have option, or would you be just as happy without it?
  2. For those driving a naturally aspirated Focus, do you often wish you had more power, or are you generally satisfied?
  3. Is NAV really worth $800 if I'm getting an ST? I've never had a car with built-in nav before, and I feel like just sticking with smartphones is easy.
  4. Anyone switch from a Mustang to a Focus ST (or vice-versa? experience with any of the cars on the list?)
  5. Can some folks who daily drive a recent Focus SE (with the 5-speed and sport packages) chime in on your views after driving the car for a few months?

I'm really just looking for some experiences from folks who DD some of my options. I asked the Mustang folks, and they all said "Get a Mustang GT coupe, it's awesome", and as much as I agree, it's way more power than I can use on a regular basis, and I'd rather stay convertible if I'm getting a mustang.

Appreciate the input!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.