Myford touch blank screen - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
blahx
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Fan#: 89720
Location: Spanktown, NJ
What I Drive: 2009 Accord v6, 2012 Focus SE

Posts: 6
FF Reputation: 1 blahx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Myford touch blank screen

I have the latest update installed that came on the USB stick Ford mailed out. I have also pulled the negative battery cable and left it off overnight since pulling it for 5 min was no help. This is the 3rd time this has happened and the first time pulling the cable didn't help. I've searched the forms and the best result I found was here but no solution was found. Any other idea? The Focus is a car that's engine noise is not a pleasure to listen to.


blahx is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #2
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI
 
whynotthinkwhynot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Fan#: 18416
Location: the armpit of TN, Memphis, TN
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

Posts: 20,091
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Send a private message to user "FordIVTeam" and tell them what has happened to your vehicle. They won't respond until Monday, but at that point they will help you. If this is part of some larger problem, then you're helping them locate and repair the problem.

I see you're sort of new, so here are some directions: Above this text you'll see a dark blue banner just below the forum location. On the left side of the banner will be "UserCP" in white text. Click on that and it will take you to the User Control Panel screen. On the left of that screen, scroll down on the selections until you find the "Private Messages" section (4th section from top). Click on "Send New Message" and that will take you to the Private Message page. In recipients, start typing "FordIVTeam" just as I wrote it up there without the quotes. A list will pop down as you start typing, and pick FordIVTeam out of the list. We also have FordCustomerService on here for engine, transmission, or body problems, but FordIVTeam are the ones who will help you with SYNC problems.

Now if you want to find one of FordIVTeam's posts out here in the forum, you can simply click on their name on the left of the post and a menu will pop down that will give you an option to "Send a Message to FordIVTeam", and that will take you to the Private Message page with their user name entered in the recipient box.

Thanks, and keep us posted.
__________________
Be eclectic.
---The Complete How-To Archive--

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
whynotthinkwhynot is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
blahx
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Fan#: 89720
Location: Spanktown, NJ
What I Drive: 2009 Accord v6, 2012 Focus SE

Posts: 6
FF Reputation: 1 blahx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So I went to the dealer this morning and they proceeded to pull the dash Apart (screwdriver chew marks around the black plastic surrounding the touch screen) waited about 3 hours for them to tell me they need to order a module, and had to test the pin outs and obtain authorization from Ford engineering. I will update when they replace the module / fix my dash.
blahx is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #4
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep
 
FordIVTteam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 87765
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 911
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
Send a private message to user "FordIVTeam" and tell them what has happened to your vehicle. They won't respond until Monday, but at that point they will help you. If this is part of some larger problem, then you're helping them locate and repair the problem.
I see you're sort of new, so here are some directions: Above this text you'll see a dark blue banner just below the forum location. On the left side of the banner will be "UserCP" in white text. Click on that and it will take you to the User Control Panel screen. On the left of that screen, scroll down on the selections until you find the "Private Messages" section (4th section from top). Click on "Send New Message" and that will take you to the Private Message page. In recipients, start typing "FordIVTeam" just as I wrote it up there without the quotes. A list will pop down as you start typing, and pick FordIVTeam out of the list. We also have FordCustomerService on here for engine, transmission, or body problems, but FordIVTeam are the ones who will help you with SYNC problems.
Now if you want to find one of FordIVTeam's posts out here in the forum, you can simply click on their name on the left of the post and a menu will pop down that will give you an option to "Send a Message to FordIVTeam", and that will take you to the Private Message page with their user name entered in the recipient box.
Thanks, and keep us posted.
Thanks for thinking of me, whynotthinkwhynot, your info is spot-on, you know me well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahx View Post
So I went to the dealer this morning and they proceeded to pull the dash Apart (screwdriver chew marks around the black plastic surrounding the touch screen) waited about 3 hours for them to tell me they need to order a module, and had to test the pin outs and obtain authorization from Ford engineering. I will update when they replace the module / fix my dash.
Hi, blahx -

Do you already have an appointment for the APIM replacement? Definitely keep me in the loop and let me know if you have any questions along the way.

Jaclyn
__________________
FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
FordIVTteam is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:11 AM   #5
blahx
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Fan#: 89720
Location: Spanktown, NJ
What I Drive: 2009 Accord v6, 2012 Focus SE

Posts: 6
FF Reputation: 1 blahx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Update: The dealer replaced one unit and it still didn't work, they advised me there are two units and now are ordering the other. They also are fixing the dashboard once the unit is functional again.
Jaclyn: I did have the appointment. The second has not been scheduled yet.
blahx is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #6
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep
 
FordIVTteam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 87765
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 911
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahx View Post
Update: The dealer replaced one unit and it still didn't work, they advised me there are two units and now are ordering the other. They also are fixing the dashboard once the unit is functional again.
Jaclyn: I did have the appointment. The second has not been scheduled yet.
Thanks for the follow-up blahx, please keep me in the loop.

Jaclyn
__________________
FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
FordIVTteam is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.