EPA finds Hyundai, Kia overstated gas mileage - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-02-2012, 11:33 PM   #11
bringler26
FUBARCUS

Fan#: 59705
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 & 07 Impreza 2.5i

FF Reputation: 29 bringler26 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I think that's pretty funny. I see people complain all the time on here about it too but I think there are more variables than just what the stickers say. I say most people don't admit to how hard they drive their cars. I hit redline in first and second multiple times and still get over my epa estimated in all my vehicles I drive. I do tons of highway miles though.

I like using my Subaru as an example for this: on the highway I average 28 mpg at 65mph and about 26mpg at about 75 mph. Epa estimate is 25 highway. In the city epa says 19mpg I've never gotten under 24 doing all city driving with really short commutes( around 1 mile each way 4 times a day when I was in college). My worst tank was 22mpg driving side roads really driving hard.
Originally Posted by zetecDon View Post
I always moderate naked!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #12
suterp
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 83384
What I Drive: 2013 red focus SE 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 suterp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
A lot of Hyundai and Kia cars look great on paper but they always seem to fall short in the magazine reviews. Not just mpg but also peak hp/torque and rpms at which they are reached. The turbo models of veloster, optima, and genesis come to mind. Class leaders on paper but dont measure up in real life. Always suspected they were gaming the system. BMW seems to do the opposite, their vehicles always seem underrated by the factory and end up getting highly reviewed by the mags.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #13
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by suterp View Post
. BMW seems to do the opposite, their vehicles always seem underrated by the factory and end up getting highly reviewed by the mags.
Actually the only other vehicle from the 2 vehicles that the EPA has made change its mpg in the last 13 years was the 2012 328i. The other was the Dodge Ram which I think was 2001.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #14
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Kudos to Hyundai for recognizing their mistake and notifiying all of their customers rather than how most other companies would cover it up or place the blame.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->