My Ford Touch Thread - Page 238 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #2371
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm talking about just iOS6 itself. iOS6 plays well with MFT, and I haven't had any problems, but iOS6 itself is a hot mess in many ways. The Apple Maps debacle is old news but it is a major, major step backward. The Safari Bookmarks disappearing is something new. The phone also lags at times for no reason. I need to reboot the phone every 3-4 days to get things restabilized. Passbook is buggy and doesn't work well with boarding passes, which I found out the hard way as I was trying to enter a plane. Fortunately I had a patient gate agent, I can't say the same for the fuming passengers waiting behind me. The only change I like is I don't have to enter my iTunes p/w to update apps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #2372
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
I'm looking into the Lumia 920 WP8 phone. Just dropped my MacBook for a Win8 Ultrabook, so why not switch it all.
The reviews are out today on the 920. The phone should be out the end of November. http://reviews.cnet.com/nokia-lumia-920/

The only thing I don't like so far in the reviews is the weight of the 920. I'll have to feel it for myself to see if that's an issue or not. Otherwise I love the WP Live Tiles and the industrial design of the 920.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #2373
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
One thing I've noticed since installing 3.2.2 is the no-street-name-under-the-compass issue seems to self-correct a lot faster. With 3.0.2 it used to take 6-7 days for it to reappear on its own (if I just left it alone and didn't do the set route/cancel route workaround). With 3.2.2 it seems to find its way back on the home screen in a day or two.

Of course my Sirius traffic/travel link is still failing at a much faster pace than it used to. Why does everything have to be a trade-off with this system?
Old 11-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #2374
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Ford just f-cked up their destinations app. It now locks you out if it detects motion. ANY motion. Elevator, walking, moving the iphone ever so much. They don't want people, and I guess passengers, to use the app while driving... and they nanny killed the app... it's unusable. Locks me out because I'm driving even when I'm sitting on my sofa. Jesus, Ford... how much of MFT is going to be left in a year's time? It's not only a horrible abortion of a technology, but it's exponentially getting worse as you try to improve it. I can't use google to add destinations. I can't use Voice commands, because they never work, I can't type them in because your keyboard locks up, I can't select them from a POI list because ti freezes, I can't use your destinations app because I move too much when I'm breathing. My guess is that the mapquest support will drop any time now.
Worst purchase of my life.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #2375
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Bad day for the J.D Power and Associates Vehicle Customer Satisfaction Survey to arrive in my mail. .... Time to put pen to paper and document my experiences with MFT.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #2376
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaTi View Post
The reviews are out today on the 920. The phone should be out the end of November. http://reviews.cnet.com/nokia-lumia-920/

The only thing I don't like so far in the reviews is the weight of the 920. I'll have to feel it for myself to see if that's an issue or not. Otherwise I love the WP Live Tiles and the industrial design of the 920.
I miss the weighty feel of the iPhone 4, so I think I'll like it. Weight = substance for me, the iPhone 5 looks great but is too light for my liking. But that said, I haven't held the Lumia yet so how I like the weight remains to be seen. Glad to see decent reviews though!
Sonic Crew #28
Old 11-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #2377
BlazeFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104991
What I Drive: _

FF Reputation: 2 BlazeFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bengal View Post
I talked to a Ford customer service manager on the phone 4 days ago & she told me that Ford was planning to introduce a new MFT software update by the end of 2012. She mentioned improved cell phone connectivity/compatibility as one of the expected improvements to MFT. Man, this can't come soon enough for me.
Hopefully they address the power-on or "boot up" sequencing and negotiation of all the components + eliminate the stuttering of mp3 media from USB devices for those same power up, initiating minutes. Very annoying. Microsoft should be embarrassed regardless how underpowered the whole MFT hardware is.

Make it work and make it work smoothly...
Old 11-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #2378
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
I miss the weighty feel of the iPhone 4, so I think I'll like it. Weight = substance for me, the iPhone 5 looks great but is too light for my liking. But that said, I haven't held the Lumia yet so how I like the weight remains to be seen. Glad to see decent reviews though!
I felt this way when I first got my 5 (weight = substance). The lightness was unsettling. I kept my old 4 though just in case I somehow managed to break/submerge the 5 or something, I would have a backup at least. I was cleaning up today and grabbed the 4 to go throw it in a drawer and after using the 5 for the past few weeks, I grabbed the 4 and thought "This thing weighs a ton!" Though I've got to admit with the added length of the 5 and the lightness of it, I am still hesitant when I have it in my front pocket while wearing jeans. Still seems like it would be easy to snap in half when I sit down.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #2379
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

The 4 weighs 4.9 oz, the 5 weighs 3.95 oz and the 920 weighs 6.52 oz.

It's hard to believe that just an ounce or so makes a difference, but it really does.

The more I see pictures of the 920, the more I like it.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #2380
kingray
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105430
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 kingray Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
One thing I've noticed since installing 3.2.2 is the no-street-name-under-the-compass issue seems to self-correct a lot faster. With 3.0.2 it used to take 6-7 days for it to reappear on its own (if I just left it alone and didn't do the set route/cancel route workaround). With 3.2.2 it seems to find its way back on the home screen in a day or two.

Of course my Sirius traffic/travel link is still failing at a much faster pace than it used to. Why does everything have to be a trade-off with this system?
Could you share the 3.2.2 files? I am willing to try some trade offs for something to work right with this damn thing!

Bookmarks & Social Networks