Steeda Font & Rear Sway's - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #31
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteedaBrandon View Post
Polyurethane bushings are noisier than the factory rubber bushings, however they have a higher durometer which helps them to not flex as much as the rubber bushings.

Just make sure you lubricate them well when you install them (and install everything properly) and you shouldn't have any issues, that should be listed in the instructions as well.
thanks for the info.. yeah, i've read all sorts of stuff ,,, teflon tape, intalling grease fittings, using silicone lubricant, etc....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 01:03 PM   #32
awsimons
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100921
What I Drive: Sonic Blue 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 awsimons Good Standing Member
I had some noises from mine, but it was from the brackets not being tightened down enough. I used about half the tube of lube on the bushings and I haven't heard any squeaks or anything else.

As far as oversteer, I haven't lost traction at any point with my Focus. It never rains here, so I don't anticipate a lot of problems. I did notice an unexpected response from the car since I put in the RSB when I went through one turn at speed. I can't really describe it but I didn't feel out of control. I want to say the car responded better through the turn but I wasn't expecting it. I don't know. I definitely am enjoying the reduced body roll.

Alan
Mods: Debadged, 30% LLumar CTX Tint, MS3 RMM, Steeda RSB
Old 10-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #33
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsimons View Post
I had some noises from mine, but it was from the brackets not being tightened down enough. I used about half the tube of lube on the bushings and I haven't heard any squeaks or anything else.

As far as oversteer, I haven't lost traction at any point with my Focus. It never rains here, so I don't anticipate a lot of problems. I did notice an unexpected response from the car since I put in the RSB when I went through one turn at speed. I can't really describe it but I didn't feel out of control. I want to say the car responded better through the turn but I wasn't expecting it. I don't know. I definitely am enjoying the reduced body roll.

Alan
thanks for the info.. I'll be sure to torque them down well.

it's my understanding that it is at speeds, such as an on/off ramp, the big sweepers, etc that the oversteer would be most noticeable...not in daily about town driving.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #34
Phokus
Shiny Metal Titanium

Fan#: 60433
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium Seda

FF Reputation: 7 Phokus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
My Steeda rear swaybar came with brackets and bushings. They are clearly shown on the instruction sheet.
I went home and checked the box again since I didn't have instructions either.
I opened the wrong end of the box and just got the bar out, the rest of the stuff was stuck at the other end
Old 11-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #35
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Small update here in my sequential quest for better handling:
installed oem size 215/50/17 conti DWS today; big difference in feel and handling. Gone is the marshmallow feeling and lack of road connect i had w/ the pro contacts that came w/ the car.
Received my steeda RSB from steeda today; in only 3 days which i think is very quick. Plan to install it on saturday morning then take a drive to see how it changes things.

Already w/ just the tire change i see a difference so i'm hoping the new rsb will make it even better... will report back when complete.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #36
ChrisRyan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97815
What I Drive: '12 SE Sterling Grey(5door) 5M 203A

FF Reputation: 2 ChrisRyan Good Standing Member
The RSB really make a difference. I think the Focus turns in well for a stock car and the sway bar just enhances that initial bite. I'm going to run my tires till they are needing replaced before upgrading. Enjoy the new bits.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #37
Phokus
Shiny Metal Titanium

Fan#: 60433
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium Seda

FF Reputation: 7 Phokus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
I put on my steeda rear swaybar
I love it. It puts just the right amount of oversteer I was looking for. I might want a tad more but this is good for now
Old 11-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #38
SteedaBrandon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96136
What I Drive: n/a

FF Reputation: 1 SteedaBrandon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
Small update here in my sequential quest for better handling:
installed oem size 215/50/17 conti DWS today; big difference in feel and handling. Gone is the marshmallow feeling and lack of road connect i had w/ the pro contacts that came w/ the car.
Received my steeda RSB from steeda today; in only 3 days which i think is very quick. Plan to install it on saturday morning then take a drive to see how it changes things.

Already w/ just the tire change i see a difference so i'm hoping the new rsb will make it even better... will report back when complete.
Thanks for choosing Steeda! Let us know how you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phokus View Post
I put on my steeda rear swaybar
I love it. It puts just the right amount of oversteer I was looking for. I might want a tad more but this is good for now
Very glad to hear! Thanks for choosing Steeda parts!
Old 11-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #39
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Hey all,, final update (well at least for now)

New tires def made a difference as i said above... Had Steeda's rsb installed this morning and it does make the car handle much better... Not to Ti standards, to be sure, but def better.. Corners flatter, better and/or sharper turn in (some of that no doubt due to the new tires), less push in taking sweepers and on/off ramps faster... Do feel the bumps a tad more but it's barely noticable -- very solid feeling.. The jiggle-ness of the rear suspension w/ the oem set up over multiple bumps is totally gone. Def feels as if there's more 'connection' with the pavement. So far, very happy w/ my investments.

tightened it all to 42 ft lbs of torque as advised and greased the hell out of the bushings... No squeeks or clunks or bangs or any noise at all.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #40
Sonic_HedgeHog
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00

Fan#: 50003
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Focus SE 5dr Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 19 Sonic_HedgeHog Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
Hey all,, final update (well at least for now)

New tires def made a difference as i said above... Had Steeda's rsb installed this morning and it does make the car handle much better... Not to Ti standards, to be sure, but def better...
Please explain, I did not realize the Ti was the epitome of handling for the Mk3
Hatch Nation #156. Sonic's Mk3 Crew Founder and #00
Moderator: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus, SW Fanatics, Sonic's MK3 Crew

Bookmarks & Social Networks