2012 Focus SE Transmission Grinding - Page 13 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #121
jagreene
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 102678
What I Drive: 2012, Kona Blue, Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 jagreene Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wassrock View Post
It was not disclosed at the time of my purchasing a Ford Focus 2012, that over time, 'noises' will be heard from the powershift 6 speed transmission while driving. If this had been disclosed I would not have purchased the Focus!! Who would buy a car knowing that noises are going to occur. At 8500 miles, they started and are increasing in noise and frequency. The dealership has had my Focus 5 weeks, I have not had a loaner as the 'engineers' say this is a normal characteristic for a Ford Focus. There is nothing to be done. The car is under warranty. I didn't purchase it to have 'noises' from the transmission occur and am dubious that it's not a safety issue. Friends were going to buy a Ford as I raved about my Focus prior to this occurring and now will not go near Ford and are declaring why they won't. The dealership states that they are at the mercy of Ford and cannot help me. So this is customer service?? this is good pr. My job requires that I have clients driving with me. They are asking me what's up with your car?? Why isn't something being done. I am asking the say question. Having been through the customer service line and hearing ad nauseum, We are sorry for the inconvenience. I don't believe that either. Do not buy Ford!
I definitely understand your frustration as I went through the exact same situation for quite a few months. My grinding noise started off only being once and a while and it progressed rapidly over the next month. I brought it to the dealer and was told on at least 3 occasions that the noise was a "normal characteristic" and i was "wasting my time". I felt as frustrated as you. I began doing research, posting threads on here, and finally taking video of the noise. http://youtu.be/KS8bTHAzkUU Here's a link. I bet yours sounds just like mine did. Anyways, the shaking got so violent and so frequent that it was happening along every take off. And the grinding blender sounding noise happened every single time I drove the car. Finally, my dealer listened and took the car in. My clutch was replaced (not with ease might i add) and though I have a horrible smelling car... I will say it drives smoothly! (Thus far) Take my story to your dealer... I know they don't wanna hear it but this is a problem Ford knows about and there is a fix.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #122
wassrock
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105163
What I Drive: 2012, black,sel

FF Reputation: 1 wassrock Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagreene View Post
I definitely understand your frustration as I went through the exact same situation for quite a few months. My grinding noise started off only being once and a while and it progressed rapidly over the next month. I brought it to the dealer and was told on at least 3 occasions that the noise was a "normal characteristic" and i was "wasting my time". I felt as frustrated as you. I began doing research, posting threads on here, and finally taking video of the noise. http://youtu.be/KS8bTHAzkUU Here's a link. I bet yours sounds just like mine did. Anyways, the shaking got so violent and so frequent that it was happening along every take off. And the grinding blender sounding noise happened every single time I drove the car. Finally, my dealer listened and took the car in. My clutch was replaced (not with ease might i add) and though I have a horrible smelling car... I will say it drives smoothly! (Thus far) Take my story to your dealer... I know they don't wanna hear it but this is a problem Ford knows about and there is a fix.
My dealership would like to know who repaired your car so that they can talk to them and find out the fix....Thank you. It's Bob Allen Ford in Overland Park, KS It would be most helpful if you could provide to them who helped you.
Thank you.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #123
jagreene
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
My dealership would like to know who repaired your car so that they can talk to them and find out the fix....Thank you. It's Bob Allen Ford in Overland Park, KS It would be most helpful if you could provide to them who helped you.
Thank you.
Let them know it was Fred Beans Ford West, Chester Pa. I have to warn you though my car was not taken in just because of the noise (it wasn't always easy to replicate). The tech found it most alarming how shaky it was upon every take off. They also drove the car a lot until they heard the noise themselves.

Did you notice this happening after the tsb for the transmission? That's when the bad shifting and grinding happened to my car.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #124
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,298, Level 35
Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Thank you.
Hi wassrock,

I'm still happy to step in here and get your case escalated. Shoot me a PM and I'll get your information in the hands of your regional customer service manager. I'll need your VIN, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll do the rest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagreene View Post
Let them know it was Fred Beans Ford West, Chester Pa. I have to warn you though my car was not taken in just because of the noise (it wasn't always easy to replicate). The tech found it most alarming how shaky it was upon every take off. They also drove the car a lot until they heard the noise themselves...
Thanks for the good info, jagreene. Hopefully wassrock can take it with them when they have their next service appointment.

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me via PM.

Have a great day!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 11-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #125
wassrock
Focus Rookie

Crystal, I have already gone through the regional customer service. Cassidy had me ride in a 2012 Ford Focus with the service manager from Bob Allen to hear if it made the same noise. This was a waste of time as that car did not make any noises. My car started making the noises at 8500 miles and it's increased since. My dealership has heard the noise and Detroit engineers say, it's a normal noise over time. they would not tolerate it. So no point in going through the customer service rep as they have a typed message and could care less.
VIN 1FAHP3H29CL278765
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi wassrock,

I'm still happy to step in here and get your case escalated. Shoot me a PM and I'll get your information in the hands of your regional customer service manager. I'll need your VIN, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll do the rest!

Thanks for the good info, jagreene. Hopefully wassrock can take it with them when they have their next service appointment.

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me via PM.

Have a great day!
Crystal
Old 11-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #126
wassrock
Focus Rookie

What type of transmission does your car have?? MY dealership needs to know that,please. Thank you so much.
Will the smell eventually go away?? Is this a 2012 focus??
Old 11-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #127
jagreene
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
What type of transmission does your car have?? MY dealership needs to know that,please. Thank you so much.
Will the smell eventually go away?? Is this a 2012 focus??
The smell shouldn't be a concern for you. The reason mine smells is the first clutch pack they put in was damaged and it burnt throughout the car a horrible odor. To try to reduce that horrible burnt smell various other chemical smells took over.

It is a 2012 Focus SE 6-speed automatic.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #128
BigFuzzyArchon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87167
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 BigFuzzyArchon Good Standing Member
had oil change and recalls done at dealer, had a tech ride in my car with me to show him the noise. told its normal.

ive told them about the noise every time ive been in. i just want to be covered it anything breaks after warranty is over. 5yr/60k miles
Old 11-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #129
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99994
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Cruze,1966 Mustang

Points 42, Level 1
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 JimsFocus Good Standing Member
Don't just tell them. get it in writing that they are aware of the problems, if they will admit you have a problem.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #130
Ysteven
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101029
What I Drive: 2012 oxford white sel, H2, F-150

FF Reputation: 1 Ysteven Good Standing Member
I wold like to jump on this thread, I am in Northern NJ, as you all know we got hit by Sandy here, so I never had a chance to go to dealer. I will go soon as soon all will calm down here. It's ease to find gold than gas over here right now.
I will tell that,:; as colder day we getting now, less shuddering and rattling noise is not loud as it usually. I can bet that its have something to do with temperature of the DCT, maybe metal expansion and/or contraction. I was browsing on all Getrag sites couldn't find any info. I was thinking adding some kind of conditioner or cooler thru the vent hose with surenge, cause it all seems not 100%normal but it drives better when cold out.
I know couple of guys experience the same(improvement in cold days), but anybody got it thru? Got some answers on it? DCT is good idea but still with a lot of bugs in it.
Thx Steven

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.