Massive Crower cams installed 2009 focus, VIDEOS!! - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Second Generation > DURATEC Performance (2008-2011)

DURATEC Performance (2008-2011) The place to chat about any Duratec 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #41
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag
 
felixthecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Fan#: 80663
Location: Renton, WA
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Posts: 10,137
Points 11,347, Level 70
Points: 11,347, Level: 70 Points: 11,347, Level: 70 Points: 11,347, Level: 70
Level Up 25% Completed
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 61 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by budpln View Post
destroying America..
There are a lot of other issue's & people doing that already, but I'm not going into that.
__________________
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
felixthecat is online now  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-03-2012, 07:01 AM   #42
budpln
Focus Addict
 
budpln's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Fan#: 89951
Location: dracut, MA
What I Drive: 2008 red ses

Posts: 914
Points 2,655, Level 31
Points: 2,655, Level: 31 Points: 2,655, Level: 31 Points: 2,655, Level: 31
Level Up 37% Completed
Level up: 37% Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 budpln Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
There are a lot of other issue's & people doing that already, but I'm not going into that.
we should start a thread lol
budpln is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #43
GO.army.1969
Focus Fanatic
 
GO.army.1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Fan#: 69605
Location: FT. Lewis, WA
What I Drive: 2008 Vapor Silver Coupe 5 speed

Posts: 1,552
Points 2,851, Level 32
Points: 2,851, Level: 32 Points: 2,851, Level: 32 Points: 2,851, Level: 32
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 15 GO.army.1969 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I like sounds go man. cant wait to see dyno #
__________________
NW Posse#10 Team Duratec#69
F2 Header, Steath Exhaust, CAI, AR103, Tuned by Randy Fswerks, DGR Coil Overs
DOMINANT front and rear LCA DOMINANT endlinks Massive toe and camber arms
GO.army.1969 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #44
staticsword
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2010
Fan#: 75360
Location: rothesay, Canada
What I Drive: 2009, black, ford focus, SES, coupe

Posts: 103
FF Reputation: 1 staticsword Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey guys, sorry I have not been on here in a while. Got some pm's about the cams, i thought i would update you all on them thus far. So I have had them since May, the car runs fine as of right now, it still idles a bit rough but not to bad since i changed the stock idle to 950rpm. The car will stall on idle now and then, maybe 2-3 times a month so nothing major and only when the car first starts. As for a tune, I have been through hell and back trying to get the car tuned for the cams. Ran into a million issues with sct software, my datalog lists are super out of date and will not show anything that me and tom need to tune it, had serious issues were the wrench light on the car would keep coming on when tom sent me new tunes. It had to do with the files being corrupted or somthing, not sure. We have spent hours on the phone with SCT, pretty much in the end just refused to help us and said it was our problem. As of right now I pretty much gave up on tuning the car for now, since it does run ok, im sure it would be a lot better with a proper tune. I am currently runing my Fswerks tune, which was made for all my other mods, minus the cams. I am going to contact Tom soon I think and see if I can get things going again. The major problem is that I do not have a wideband which limits what I can really tune for, since I do not have the $$$ to buy one right now (at university). Do you guys think there is any danger to running these cams without a real tune for them? They are only stage 1
staticsword is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #45
Gettysburg150
Focus Addict
 
Gettysburg150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97408
Location: Gburg, PA
What I Drive: 08 Silverfrost Metallic SE, 5 speed

Posts: 661
Points 1,228, Level 19
Points: 1,228, Level: 19 Points: 1,228, Level: 19 Points: 1,228, Level: 19
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 2 Gettysburg150 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by staticsword View Post
Hey guys, sorry I have not been on here in a while. Got some pm's about the cams, i thought i would update you all on them thus far. So I have had them since May, the car runs fine as of right now, it still idles a bit rough but not to bad since i changed the stock idle to 950rpm. The car will stall on idle now and then, maybe 2-3 times a month so nothing major and only when the car first starts. As for a tune, I have been through hell and back trying to get the car tuned for the cams. Ran into a million issues with sct software, my datalog lists are super out of date and will not show anything that me and tom need to tune it, had serious issues were the wrench light on the car would keep coming on when tom sent me new tunes. It had to do with the files being corrupted or somthing, not sure. We have spent hours on the phone with SCT, pretty much in the end just refused to help us and said it was our problem. As of right now I pretty much gave up on tuning the car for now, since it does run ok, im sure it would be a lot better with a proper tune. I am currently runing my Fswerks tune, which was made for all my other mods, minus the cams. I am going to contact Tom soon I think and see if I can get things going again. The major problem is that I do not have a wideband which limits what I can really tune for, since I do not have the $$$ to buy one right now (at university). Do you guys think there is any danger to running these cams without a real tune for them? They are only stage 1
As long as your timing is good, your a/f ratio is acceptable, theres no pre-detonation and you don't over-rev I don't see why it would be an issue. But thats just my .02
__________________

Sedan Revolution Two Three Zero
FRPP, "Stealth" CAI, Debadged, wider tires, louder stereo, turbo mainfold in the wrong place...
Gettysburg150 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #46
staticsword
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2010
Fan#: 75360
Location: rothesay, Canada
What I Drive: 2009, black, ford focus, SES, coupe

Posts: 103
FF Reputation: 1 staticsword Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettysburg150 View Post
As long as your timing is good, your a/f ratio is acceptable, theres no pre-detonation and you don't over-rev I don't see why it would be an issue. But thats just my .02
I am assuming the timing is good, I had a shop install them, so hopefully they got it all right. The car is an auto, so there is not really a chance to over rev. My car is def running a bit rich I think, you can smell the exhaust/gas. Also how would I know if there is pre-detonation? Not sure what that means, im not that great when it comes to the technical stuff with cars haha still learning
staticsword is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #47
Gettysburg150
Focus Addict
 
Gettysburg150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97408
Location: Gburg, PA
What I Drive: 08 Silverfrost Metallic SE, 5 speed

Posts: 661
Points 1,228, Level 19
Points: 1,228, Level: 19 Points: 1,228, Level: 19 Points: 1,228, Level: 19
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 2 Gettysburg150 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by staticsword View Post
I am assuming the timing is good, I had a shop install them, so hopefully they got it all right. The car is an auto, so there is not really a chance to over rev. My car is def running a bit rich I think, you can smell the exhaust/gas. Also how would I know if there is pre-detonation? Not sure what that means, im not that great when it comes to the technical stuff with cars haha still learning
Being that you have had the cams in for a while and it hasn't come apart I'd also assume that the timing is ok. Rich is def much better than lean. Lean will melt pistons, rich makes less power and uses more fuel but is safer. Pre-detonation is when the mixture starts burning before the piston reaches top dead center on the compression stroke and will break things, I think ignition timing being advanced too far causes this. I think it will usually cause a knock under load. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.) Overall I think the car would be ok to drive from what you describe its just not going to be the most efficient or make the best power.

Take what I say with a grain of salt, I'm just going off of what little car stuff I know and by no means am I a performance builder or tuner.
__________________

Sedan Revolution Two Three Zero
FRPP, "Stealth" CAI, Debadged, wider tires, louder stereo, turbo mainfold in the wrong place...
Gettysburg150 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #48
Baldurs390
Focus Addict
 
Baldurs390's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 86071
Location: Narr., RI
What I Drive: 2009 black ses

Posts: 782
Points 3,635, Level 37
Points: 3,635, Level: 37 Points: 3,635, Level: 37 Points: 3,635, Level: 37
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 Baldurs390 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
this is on my list of mods... wish there wasnt tuning issues but only time will tell
__________________
FRPPFSWERKSDDMMassiveTruBenz
Baldurs390 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #49
staticsword
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2010
Fan#: 75360
Location: rothesay, Canada
What I Drive: 2009, black, ford focus, SES, coupe

Posts: 103
FF Reputation: 1 staticsword Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldurs390 View Post
this is on my list of mods... wish there wasnt tuning issues but only time will tell
The tuning issues were due more to my car having a weird ECU number, it did not really have anything to do with the actual cams. I also do not have an A/F guage so that really limited me in what could be tuned. I am going to get one for christmas and then start trying to tune my car again, I will let you guys know how it all goes after I get the proper tune and guages in my car.
staticsword is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 07:31 PM   #50
Baldurs390
Focus Addict
 
Baldurs390's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 86071
Location: Narr., RI
What I Drive: 2009 black ses

Posts: 782
Points 3,635, Level 37
Points: 3,635, Level: 37 Points: 3,635, Level: 37 Points: 3,635, Level: 37
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 Baldurs390 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
i love the way your car sounds :)
__________________
FRPPFSWERKSDDMMassiveTruBenz
Baldurs390 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Cadillac ATS-V, Ford Fusion and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.