Way to go Ford.... - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-30-2012, 04:28 AM   #11
dutd33
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104381
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL Hatch

Points 1,977, Level 26
Points: 1,977, Level: 26 Points: 1,977, Level: 26 Points: 1,977, Level: 26
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 dutd33 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey D View Post
They're very biased on a lot of things and they dislike this for stupid reasons. It's just subjective reviewing instead of objective reviewing. It's not just cars either.

And I'm by no means a Honda or Toyota hater either, they're products are good so I have no problem with that.
I went from driving a 1992 Toyota Camry that had over 345,000 kms on it to driving a 2012 SEL Hatchback. Yes, the tranny needs some time getting used to, but you definitely appreciate the Focus once you give it some time. :)
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 04:29 AM   #12
dutd33
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104381
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL Hatch

Points 1,977, Level 26
Points: 1,977, Level: 26 Points: 1,977, Level: 26 Points: 1,977, Level: 26
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 dutd33 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan1 View Post
Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch, keep in mind that the bulk of Ford's cars were recently redesigned, and are showing the typical year 1 and year 2 reliability issues. Furthermore, a few historically reliable models were not included in the analysis due to the 2013 being a complete redesign. Ford's ratings will increase next year, and increase significantly in 2 years.
Also remember that the Focus is considered very reliable and popular in Europe.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:59 AM   #13
Blizzard35
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88463
What I Drive: 2012 Lincoln MKZ AWD Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 2 Blizzard35 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutd33 View Post
Also remember that the Focus is considered very reliable and popular in Europe.
Then the only reason I can think of to explain the # of problems I have had since getting my 2012 in June of 2011 is the North American build quality. The list of repair orders keeps piling up and many of the on-going issues have not been fixed. I will be getting rid of my 2012 Ford Focus Titanium in the spring and unfortunately it will not be replaced by another Ford product. Ford of Canada has been terrible to address these problems, I have no complaints with the level of service from my local dealer, but my car has been in the shop more than it has been on the road. Buying a new car should be an enjoyable experience, not an on-going nightmare with no end in sight. Then to add insult to injury, every time my monthly payment comes out of my bank account, it makes me hate this car even more. i'm done with Ford and this Focus Fiasco.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #14
Khell
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92027
What I Drive: 2012, Kona Blue, Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Khell Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybean View Post
Official: Ford tumbles to second worst in Consumer Reports reliability survey, list dominated by Japanese
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/29/f...orts-reliabil/

Thought I would share this. I am not surprised. I am dealing with a transmission that slips into neutral and all I here is "we cannot duplicate" or it is normal. I have had a bunch of other issues too...most are already mentioned on this forum.

..and the fact that my car is less than a year old and worth only half of what I paid, confirms for me thatthis is my first and last Ford

Poetically it is a Dirty Job advertising the Swap your Ride program, and when this car of mine is paid, I too will Swap my Ride....for anything but a Ford.
If you read what CR actually dislikes about ford products is of course My ford touch and the same thing for Lincoln. They've always disliked MyFord Touch. They also state that the Ford Escape/Fusion/and the MKZ were not rated because they were redesigned for 2013. So i wouldnt throw to much weight into CR, especially if they have Scion finishing at in the top 3...
Old 10-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #15
jellybean
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93883
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium

FF Reputation: 0 jellybean Newbie
So, just playing devils advocate then, would you still buy this car after reading this forum..
Old 10-30-2012, 08:50 AM   #16
Joey D
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86391
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium 5-Dr

FF Reputation: 2 Joey D Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybean View Post
So, just playing devils advocate then, would you still buy this car after reading this forum..
I don't think anyone would buy any car if they visited its owners forum. People tend to use the Internet to complain more than they do to praise.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #17
jmiller_1974
Flipping Rockstar

Fan#: 57165
What I Drive: Black 02 SVT #2998

FF Reputation: 28 jmiller_1974 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
I just love how a few dozen people on forums complain about problems with their car(which incidentally is thenumber 1 reason people join a forum in the first place) that all completely neglect to tale note of the hundreds-of-thousands of owners who have no issues whatsoever, and as soon as someone disagrees that person is just a fanboy. Not to discount the problems some are facing, but maybe, just maybe the problem isn't nearly as widespread as some would have y'all believe? As for CR, I bet you believe what you read in your local newspaper, as well. It is impossible to base a purchase like a car on what you find in a forum, which is decidedly less scientific than reading tea leaves or chicken bones. I say we just create an opt-out program that hands out bus passes to people who hate their car and want to complain about it on an enthusiast forum. Aaannnd with that, have a fine rest of y'alls day, and don't let the door hit your a on the way out
Old 10-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #18
Rememo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95534
What I Drive: Was 2012 Focus. Now 2013 Impreza.

FF Reputation: 3 Rememo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller_1974 View Post
I just love how a few dozen people on forums complain about problems with their car(which incidentally is thenumber 1 reason people join a forum in the first place)
Do YOU drive a 2012 Focus? Can't tell from your signature.

Anyway.... The other people you speak of probably don't know how to find a online forum to post complaints, or are more tolerant (read ignorant) of the types of problems inherent in the 2012 Focus, but I guarantee you they are having the same issues.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #19
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89368
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

Points 3,880, Level 39
Points: 3,880, Level: 39 Points: 3,880, Level: 39 Points: 3,880, Level: 39
Level Up 54% Completed
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 12 valmundo Great Standing Member
Although I have had no problems with my car after the update to the DCT and for the most part, my car has been a joy to drive, it is true that Ford has fumbled with the rollout of the Focus.

The fact that Ford had to release an update for the DCT (which for some has not been a solution) and the fact that Ford had to pull the latest release of MYFord Touch (3.22) are just two examples of Ford not rolling out software updates that satisfy its consumers adequately.

The other thing that is somewhat annoying is the fact that the 2013 Focus has App Link but the 2012 does not (for reasons that is not apparent to me). If Ford wants to tout the technological advances in their cars, they need to act more like a software company and roll out updates, across the entire product line (as long as the products meet the minimum hardware specs). Unless there is information that we are not aware of regarding hardware spec changes, I don't think there are any reasons why App Link cannot work with the 2012 Focus.

That being said, I am very happy with my car but it pains me to see Ford be so sloppy.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #20
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,706, Level 66
Points: 9,706, Level: 66 Points: 9,706, Level: 66 Points: 9,706, Level: 66
Level Up 14% Completed
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememo View Post
Do YOU drive a 2012 Focus? Can't tell from your signature.

Anyway.... The other people you speak of probably don't know how to find a online forum to post complaints, or are more tolerant (read ignorant) of the types of problems inherent in the 2012 Focus, but I guarantee you they are having the same issues.
Actually there are more people who are not having issues who prefer not to speak about it as why praise something that works properly when it would be drowned out by a sea of complaints?

I did not have any issues with my transmission (DCT), it shifts smoothly and quickly pretty much all of the time, the only times it may not is if I put it into manual mode and come to a stop but then forget to shift back up on my own, or if I'm shifting it on my own in traffic and it is in too high or too low of a gear for the operating condition. Now have I had the stereo stop outputting audio on occasion perhaps, but since its only the basic sync system wih myford all I had to do was switch sources to radio and back to usb and all is well. Do you know how often that's happened? 2-3 times tops in 6 months. Now I'd complain that like in most modern cars its hard to see where the corners are exactly, but if I had to do it again I probably would have bought this car or have waited for an ST if I didn't feel my old car was about to fall apart at the time.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.