Way to go Ford.... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
jellybean
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93883
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium

FF Reputation: 0 jellybean Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Way to go Ford....

Official: Ford tumbles to second worst in Consumer Reports reliability survey, list dominated by Japanese
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/29/f...orts-reliabil/

Thought I would share this. I am not surprised. I am dealing with a transmission that slips into neutral and all I here is "we cannot duplicate" or it is normal. I have had a bunch of other issues too...most are already mentioned on this forum.

..and the fact that my car is less than a year old and worth only half of what I paid, confirms for me thatthis is my first and last Ford

Poetically it is a Dirty Job advertising the Swap your Ride program, and when this car of mine is paid, I too will Swap my Ride....for anything but a Ford.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #2
Joey D
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86391
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium 5-Dr

FF Reputation: 2 Joey D Good Standing Member
You know Consumer Reports is pretty awful right? And that they are extremely biased?
Old 10-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #3
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Can't say Ford doesn't deserve this. Trying to do too much with too little, too much new technology, too little investment in dealer training. Too bad, but predictable. I'm not saying I'd never buy another Ford, but never another first model year Ford.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:50 PM   #4
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Just saw this report on the local news. I am not a fan of CR but some folks out here seem to be getting shafted by both Ford and their dealer. That's a recipe guaranteed to lose repeat customers. At least the iconic Mustang wasn't on the list.

I seem to be fortunate so far. MFT and the DCT has been working fine lately, and my dealer has been responsive to taking care of any problems with my car. However, if it starts showing the symptoms described by others and my dealer can't/won't fix them, then I'll unload it for a Subaru or Toyota.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #5
Edbro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98994
What I Drive: 2012 SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Edbro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey D View Post
You know Consumer Reports is pretty awful right? And that they are extremely biased?
What are you basing this off of? I always trusted CR and I thought they worked hard to stay independent and unbiased. Is that not the case anymore?
Old 10-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
Phokus
Shiny Metal Titanium

Fan#: 60433
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium Seda

FF Reputation: 7 Phokus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edbro View Post
What are you basing this off of? I always trusted CR and I thought they worked hard to stay independent and unbiased. Is that not the case anymore?
Well people see this because that time CR automatically gives Toyotas a recommended rating based off of the previous model or something like that. I don't remember the details.

Anyways but the first year woes is why I waited for a 2013. I'm pleased with my loaded Titanium.
However, I did drive a 2012 rental for a while and did not experience the tranny issues most people have. Only thing I felt was I knew the dual clutch tranny was different and it definitely did not act like the conventional torque converter style
Old 10-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #7
bssybeep
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87864
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 bssybeep Good Standing Member
hmmm, my 2012 Sport SE runs just fine
Old 10-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #8
Bolto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101615
What I Drive: 2012 Plat White Ti

FF Reputation: 2 Bolto Good Standing Member
Quote:
A lot of people who hate CR are fanboys who can't stand the fact that CR recommends a lot of Toyotas and Hondas. I don't really care as I don't take any review as gospel, but CR does make a good starting point when you're a lot of cross shopping and provide a lot of good information.

Back on topic, I'm not very surprised either about Ford's drop, judging from the issues on this forum and my own experience. I've had my clutch replaced already and MFT has had its share of problems, but I still love my Focus. Despite its problems, which were taken care of promptly or were not that serious, I've enjoyed its combination of driving dynamics, features, and interior and exterior design much more than my previous Civic.

I guess I'm willing to trade a little bit of reliability for a car that makes me happy to drive. Well, it better be only a little bit, not a lot of reliablilty
Old 10-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #9
Joey D
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86391
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium 5-Dr

FF Reputation: 2 Joey D Good Standing Member
Quote:
They're very biased on a lot of things and they dislike this for stupid reasons. It's just subjective reviewing instead of objective reviewing. It's not just cars either.

And I'm by no means a Honda or Toyota hater either, they're products are good so I have no problem with that.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:33 AM   #10
Juan1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104643
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Juan1 Good Standing Member
Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch, keep in mind that the bulk of Ford's cars were recently redesigned, and are showing the typical year 1 and year 2 reliability issues. Furthermore, a few historically reliable models were not included in the analysis due to the 2013 being a complete redesign. Ford's ratings will increase next year, and increase significantly in 2 years.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->