Car alarm goes off anytime - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-29-2012, 09:11 AM   #11
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfoci View Post
My 2012 has been in the shop a total of 8times in the last 3months for all kinds of issues. However it has been in the shop 4 of the 8times for the alarm randomly going off!!..like everyone else,they say i cant duplicate so we can fix it. I was just seeing how you guys are doing, any updates?
Hi lilfoci,

I want to step in and see how I can help. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and daytime contact number; I'll start investigating some options.

Have a great day,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #12
polarglock
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101331
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium 5dr.

FF Reputation: 1 polarglock Good Standing Member
Did we find a resolution on this? Mine has done this several times, starting this week. Tonight it has done it 3 times with the car parked, key fobs on the table and nobody near. So I just now left it unlocked. Hopefully that at least lets me sleep tonight. I did notice the hood light flash on once today at lunch. And the programmed sterio buttons seem to have lost the station descriptions today. Is my car possessed?
Old 03-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #13
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarglock View Post
Did we find a resolution on this? Mine has done this several times, starting this week. Tonight it has done it 3 times with the car parked, key fobs on the table and nobody near. So I just now left it unlocked. Hopefully that at least lets me sleep tonight. I did notice the hood light flash on once today at lunch. And the programmed sterio buttons seem to have lost the station descriptions today. Is my car possessed?
Hi polarglock,

Have you had the chance to swing by your dealership so they can perform an inspection? I'm happy to step in and see what I can do to assist; send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name. I'll get the ball rolling!

Crystal

Old 04-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #14
lilfoci
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104982
What I Drive: 2012 black ford focus se

FF Reputation: 1 lilfoci Good Standing Member
My hood light never flashed, but after being in the shop 4 times for the alarm they finally decided to do something so the replaced a hood latch or something like that and there were so confadent that it would fix it! So the next day my alarm went off 2 times, and continues to go off randomly! So as far as my situation no things havent been resolved. Have yours? I sure hope so! Most recently my car was in the shop for 3 weeks(boy i love making a car payment for a car i often dont have in my possesion) to be repainted because the didnt prep my car right so its rusting under the clear coat(that was another long drug out arument with ford getting them to replace it under warrenty)..again best of luck to everyone! And please let me no how u guys are doing i would sure love some insite, im so over this car and sooo over ford and the crappy, rude and unaceptable customer service!!
Old 04-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #15
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
My hood light never flashed, but after being in the shop 4 times for the alarm they finally decided to do something so the replaced a hood latch or something like that and there were so confadent that it would fix it! So the next day my alarm went off 2 times, and continues to go off randomly! So as far as my situation no things havent been resolved...
Hi lilfoci,

My offer to assist still stands; reach out to me via PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name so I can look into your case.

Crystal

Old 04-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #16
lilfoci
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104982
What I Drive: 2012 black ford focus se

FF Reputation: 1 lilfoci Good Standing Member
Thank You Crystal, my car is still in the shop so when i get it back i will pm you my info! Im upset that i have had to take my brand new car to the dealer 12times and i have made payments on the car and i havent even had it in my possesion (chevy paid a payment on my cousions car because they felt they had it to long, 2 weeks to fix her headliner) no ford has never once done that for me and my car sat in the shop for over a month, im upset at how ford is handling my situation, i am upset that i have to continue to put gas in rental cars before i bring them back(thats more out of pocket money on me)im upset at hoe i have to spend my only day off going to ford. I understand that any brand car i buy i risk getting a lemon , but i beleve the other vehical makes would handle my situation a lot better!! its taken them forever to paint my car because ford didnt want to warrenty my paint job that was there falt. Am i gunna have to deal with this for every little thing?...ugh!! Such a shame causei come from a long line of ford promoters..
Old 04-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #17
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Thank You Crystal, my car is still in the shop so when i get it back i will pm you my info...
Sounds good, lilfoci. I'll keep an eye on my inbox for your message.

Thanks!

Crystal

Old 04-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #18
iminhell
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

FF Reputation: 48 iminhell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I'd think it shouldn't be that hard to probe the hood latch for resistance. Presumably there is a range at which the BCM turns the hood open lamp off, and that should be the same position the alarm for the hood sets. Seems that the values don't match and that would be causing the alarm to turn on.

Or it could be the connection itself. Pinched wiring and intermittent connection.
Back probing it should be easy enough.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #19
GrafixMatt
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116464
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL 5-door

FF Reputation: 1 GrafixMatt Good Standing Member
I've been having a similar issue with my 2012 Focus SEL, the alarm is very sensitive and goes off during thunder storms, every time the thunder clap.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:58 AM   #20
Peteh
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 166050
What I Drive: 2012 White Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Peteh Good Standing Member
Focus alarms going off

My car alarm and hood alarm has started going off randomly a couple weeks ago as well. Anyone find a fix for this?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->