Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 180 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #1791
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamsynn View Post
I have over 20,000 miles on my 2012 focus and have all the same problems. Problem is, the car only does it when I am driving. It took showing this to my husband to convince him that I'm not "driving it wrong" like he thinks. Took car in a few days after buying it and they told me that it is normal for transmission to shake and roll back because it is like a manual transmission in an automatic. Then we got the recall letter in the mail and thought that finally there is a fix. It only made things worse. Now I hear a clicking (grinding) when it changes gears and the shaking going into gear has gotten even worse. So bad that it feels like it is going to stall out. Luckily it hasn't yet. My husband is going to take it to the dealership tomorrow but I'm worries I will get similar responses as some of you, that there is wrong. Here goes...
there is a specific TSB for the rollback problem, if you read over all the posts here, you can find details about that and all the other fixes being applied by ford.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #1792
magnumea
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105535
What I Drive: 2013 grey st

FF Reputation: 1 magnumea Good Standing Member
I had the same thing with my '12. It did it with me and not with my wife. I finally figured out that in our case, I drive an automatic with both feet and she doesn't. I let off the brake and immediately push the gas (yes, being careful not to ever have both pedals down at the same time). I found out if I let off the brake and wait just a second for the computer to engage the clutch to prevent rollback and then push the gas, it takes the jerking out. Everything is fine now.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #1793
Diamondback
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108100
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Diamondback Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumea View Post
I had the same thing with my '12. It did it with me and not with my wife. I finally figured out that in our case, I drive an automatic with both feet and she doesn't. I let off the brake and immediately push the gas (yes, being careful not to ever have both pedals down at the same time). I found out if I let off the brake and wait just a second for the computer to engage the clutch to prevent rollback and then push the gas, it takes the jerking out. Everything is fine now.
I had told my salesman that they should be riding with potential buyers and if they left foot brake they should steer them to another model. I figured out early on that if I take my right foot off the brake and let it start to creep before pressing the gas like you would drive a manual it is very smooth. If you release the brake and accelerate quickly get a rpm flare then a harsh engagement like popping a clutch.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #1794
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by billm-i View Post
I have the same issue and it has not gone away...
Quote:
Originally Posted by onequicktang View Post
...This is an on going unresloved issue so far...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cphipps88 View Post
...Im taking it to my dealership today with the horrible shuddering from a complete stop to the grinding...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamsynn View Post
I have over 20,000 miles on my 2012 focus and have all the same problems. Problem is, the car only does it when I am driving...
I’m sorry for missing the updates on this thread, guys. I want to offer my assistance by arranging calls from your regional customer service managers. So I can do this, please send me a PM with your full name, approximate mileage, best daytime phone number, dealer name/state, and VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound View Post
So got a new trans Put in runs fine.they say it's an updated part.i hope it stays this good forever
Posts like this make me very happy, hound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmortonkingston View Post
...If anybody wants pictures of the inside of my tranny I will happily email them or will try to figure out how to post them tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfocused1 View Post
...The Focus is otherwise a spectacular car, and if this updated part resolves the issue then it makes the car so much better in return...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cassandra View Post
...if you read over all the posts here, you can find details about that and all the other fixes being applied by ford.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumea View Post
...I found out if I let off the brake and wait just a second for the computer to engage the clutch to prevent rollback and then push the gas, it takes the jerking out. Everything is fine now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
...I figured out early on that if I take my right foot off the brake and let it start to creep before pressing the gas like you would drive a manual it is very smooth...
dmortonkingston, unfocused1, mr_cassandra, magnumea, & Diamondback,

It’s awesome to see all the great help!

Also, a big “welcome” goes out to the newcomers on the forum.

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 02-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #1795
cotes24
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109801
What I Drive: 2012,metallic grey, focus sedan se

FF Reputation: 1 cotes24 Good Standing Member
grinding noise. transmission?

my ford dealer can not figure out this noise that i have. been in 5 times so far and now has it for the night for more than one thing. i get this grinding like noise at 35-40kmh. then i get the same steady noise at 60 kmh. i'm getting very frustrated with all of this so i figured i would do some research and check some forums. some feedback would be great thanks.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:22 AM   #1796
justin harris
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109889
What I Drive: black 2012 focus

FF Reputation: 1 justin harris Good Standing Member
I just want to reiterate to everyone here that the 2012 ford focus is a piece of junk!!!! Ford should be ashamed of the transmission they put in it. Mine is at the dealership for the 5th time!!!!!!!!!! I want ford to buy this piece of crap back and put it in the car crusher. I don't think i need to explain the problems i have with it because they are all on here and i have everyone of these problems with my car. My 3 year old and my pregnant wife ride in this death trap every day. They won't any more i guarantee you that. I've owned ford's forever but no more!!!! Ford can kiss my business goodbye!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad i found this page today so i could let it be known. Goodbye to that piece of junk death trap of a car!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #1797
justin harris
Focus Rookie

Bye bye ford!!!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #1798
Deeprecon1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 109780
What I Drive: 2013 silver se 5 speed & 04 F250SD

FF Reputation: 1 Deeprecon1 Good Standing Member
Sounds like you need to lawyer up. Google lemon law lawyers & good luck. Sorry to hear of your experience. I hope I do not have the same issues as posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin harris View Post
I just want to reiterate to everyone here that the 2012 ford focus is a piece of junk!!!! Ford should be ashamed of the transmission they put in it. Mine is at the dealership for the 5th time!!!!!!!!!! I want ford to buy this piece of crap back and put it in the car crusher. I don't think i need to explain the problems i have with it because they are all on here and i have everyone of these problems with my car. My 3 year old and my pregnant wife ride in this death trap every day. They won't any more i guarantee you that. I've owned ford's forever but no more!!!! Ford can kiss my business goodbye!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad i found this page today so i could let it be known. Goodbye to that piece of junk death trap of a car!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #1799
justin harris
Focus Rookie

it will be handled one way or another. lawyer or no lawyer. we'll see what they say they find this time.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #1800
jpaul
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89908
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 jpaul Good Standing Member
My car was just fixed today! Transmission problems for a year. They found several leaks inside transmission and replaced the clutches. It's smooth and runs normal . Thank god. Hope it holds up.

Bookmarks & Social Networks