Key Fob Programming How-To - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-22-2012, 10:47 AM   #11
mikeeshaq
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72526
What I Drive: 2010 Transit Connect

FF Reputation: 15 mikeeshaq Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have a Ford Transit Connect

The procedure is different in a subtle way between the owner's manual and the service manual. Both will work but the service manual allows for more leeway

So different years will make a difference and also consult a Ford Workshop manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2012, 11:12 AM   #12
elsolo
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96835
What I Drive: 2003 dark shadow grey metallic ZX3

FF Reputation: 17 elsolo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Djzx3

New fobs are under $10 on ebay, shipped.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #13
CREWZIN
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80454
What I Drive: 11 Focus, 01 PT Cruiser, 87 Vette

FF Reputation: 1 CREWZIN Good Standing Member
Just ordered 2 RED extra remotes for the wife on eBay. $15.00. I'll try the 07-11 remote programming as soon as they arrive. Thanks for the info.

She's always grabbing my keys by mistake that hang on the hooks as they both look similar. Shouldn't always blame her, I do the same when in a hurry. Now, if she has the RED fob, there shouldn't be any mistakes.

Also ordered the red rim stripes that I saw someone else put on their Focus. Will take some pics when they arrive and I've put them on.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:04 AM   #14
longarm
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 328
What I Drive: 07 Infra-Red ST SAP

FF Reputation: 1 longarm Good Standing Member
I have a 2007 ST. I tried the instructions listed above and it doesn't work. I turn my key on and off 4 times and in the off position with the key in the ignition, it chimes.

Then I push the lock button on a remote and the headlights flash and the door locks cycle. I then try it for a second remote and nothing. I can only get this done for one remote and it's frustrating. Any suggestions?

**EDIT** Never mind, I'm good. I dug up my owners manual and got r done. The sequence was different than what was listed here.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #15
CREWZIN
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80454
What I Drive: 11 Focus, 01 PT Cruiser, 87 Vette

FF Reputation: 1 CREWZIN Good Standing Member
The instructions here were good for our 2011 BUT, had problems at first. Wanted the new RED and old black to work and apparently once you program the new ones, the old ones don't work anymore and it seems liked if I left the second one of the same color in or near the car, it took the program away from it while programming the second key. Very frustrating for awhile but got both red done and just not using the black ones, not that I needed them anyway.

The RED rim stripes didn't work at all. Guess they really meant for the wheels on our car. Not really enough room on the outside of the spokes to get the red stripe on.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:31 AM   #16
SD_ZTW
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91209
What I Drive: 2003 White ZTW, D23 PZEV, ATX

FF Reputation: 2 SD_ZTW Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by longarm View Post
I have a 2007 ST. I tried the instructions listed above and it doesn't work. I turn my key on and off 4 times and in the off position with the key in the ignition, it chimes.

Then I push the lock button on a remote and the headlights flash and the door locks cycle. I then try it for a second remote and nothing. I can only get this done for one remote and it's frustrating. Any suggestions?

**EDIT** Never mind, I'm good. I dug up my owners manual and got r done. The sequence was different than what was listed here.
Hey Longarm,
Curious to hear what worked for your car. It will help the group. Also, just saw you said you switched 4 times but for the 2007 model, key needs to be turned 8 times...

Hey Crewzin,
You found that out. Yep, each time you change the code, you got to do all the ones you want to use at the same session. The key fobs not in
the car are no longer any good.

George
Old 10-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #17
red_devil_04
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 71963
What I Drive: 2004 Vermillian Red SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 red_devil_04 Good Standing Member
hey, so i programmed my new remote that i got last week and was able to be successful with it. now, i have my step brother with another focus and a coworker with a ranger that can unlock my car with their fobs even though i closed the programming when i did mine. anyone know exactly whats going on?
Sedan Revolution #182/NW Posse #40
Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
Dr. Seuss
Old 10-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #18
SD_ZTW
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91209
What I Drive: 2003 White ZTW, D23 PZEV, ATX

FF Reputation: 2 SD_ZTW Good Standing Member
Red_Devil_04,
Go back to your old fob and see if the problem persists. If so the new fob is at fault.
Program away from other cars if possible.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #19
red_devil_04
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 71963
What I Drive: 2004 Vermillian Red SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 red_devil_04 Good Standing Member
k when i get home tonight i'll try going back to the other fob. right now both fobs are programmed to the car and i dont know how to remove any programmed fobs.
Sedan Revolution #182/NW Posse #40
Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
Dr. Seuss
Old 10-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #20
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 67 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Going through the programming sequence with the fob or fobs you want to use SHOULD make just that one or ones work.

That is, for example, if you go through the sequence with just ONE of the fobs that would be the only one that will work until you repeat the procedure with both.

"adding" a fob requires BOTH to be present for both to work....

My owner's manual warns that you need all on hand that you want to use B4 starting the procedure for this reason.... Also it mentions that there is a maximum of 4 that can be programmed to work at the same time.

I remember having to do it twice B4 I got it right when I added an extra (only one came with the used car).

Luck!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->