For Sale: H&R Coil-Over Suspension Kit, with custom spacers - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Buy - Sell - Trade > Archive

Archive Archive of all expired Buy-Sell-Trade postings.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
dcspeed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61023
What I Drive: 02 Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 4 dcspeed Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
For Sale: H&R Coil-Over Suspension Kit, with custom spacers

*SOLD*

Item Description – H&R Coil-coilover kit
Location – Greensboro, NC
Price – $700 local pickup. Willing to ship at buyer cost
Contact info: Please PM, I can provide email address privately

This is a complete and assembled kit, with a few extras.

Kit was installed 06/2011 and now has 7K miles of use. I am selling the complete assemblies in the front which were installed with new bearings and strut mounts.

06/2012 I had custom aluminum spacers made for the front by Korman Autoworks to get the nose of the car off the ground. You can still go way low with this setup. I ran it with the springs all the way up and the spacers and the car was still lower than stock.

Rear springs have Prothane rear coil spring isolators which will be included.

Last edited by dcspeed; 12-14-2012 at 09:40 PM. Reason: sold

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
if only there was a way to get the nose higher i would be back down there in 2 weeks to pick this up!

just want to give a shout out for this guy. i went down to his house on saturday to swap brakes between our cars and we hit that sucker from about 10am-10pm and even though i was pretty much worthless he made sure it was done. awesome guy and top of the line parts on this car. its a real shame to see it have to be parted out. these are freaking SWEET coilovers too its just that i cant afford to be lower than stock SVT ride height with my front bumper and local roads if i want to drive my car on the street at all.

just curious jason. would you mind if i paid you another visit in 2 weeks or so? i may buy a few more things off of you like both passenger and driver side door, tail lights, hatch, and maybe front seats if i have enough dinero for it all. i can drive the POS down again and we can try to swap parts for parts again so you still have a complete shell or i can drive one of the other cars and just hope i have space to hold it all. i fought with my driver side door a good bit of the day yesterday and just cant get my hands in there to fix it and since ive always wanted power doors anyway that could work in my favor. i also drilled holes in my hatch for that stupid mid wing so there is that. and i have recaro front seats in the SVT and i dont like them very much. my butt slides around too much on the leather when i fling it around. not gonna lie, the tail lights on my POS look like crap, i want them gone and i dont have my stockers anymore. you were absolutely right about keeping the stock stuff you take off. unfortunately i learned that lesson a little too late.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!

Old 10-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
dcspeed
Focus Enthusiast

What are you trying to do that you want the car even higher? The spacers give you another inch of height over the highest H&R setup.

With the coilovers up, this was a very streetable setup, I did not have issues with speedbumps or driveways. Yet should you want to go low there is still the option to do so.

I can send some pictures of the car with the coilovers installed if you would like. I don't have any purpose shot pictures for illustrating the height but I have several action shots that can give you an idea.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

you said that even with the spacers and the coilovers adjusted all the way up in the front it still sits lower than stock in the front. i cannot afford to be lower than SVT stock right height in the front. that is where i am at right now and it is hit and miss whether or not i drag my bumper pulling into most parking lots. had i drove to hardees down the road from your house i know for a fact my bumper would have scraped on the way in that parking lot the way it sits now.

that being said, if i misunderstood and i CAN get the right height at about stock SVT height with these coilovers i might be coming back for the H&Rs instead in two weeks.
Quote:
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!

Old 10-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #5
dcspeed
Focus Enthusiast

The car had the coilovers on for a year before I had the spacers made. I didn't measure stock height so I don't know for sure.

H&R's website lists 1.25-2.5 for approx front lowering. Throw in +1 for the spacers and you're looking at .25 - 1.5.

However, I have no idea why they only list 1.25" of range. The shock body has 3.5" of threading for the adustable spring purchases.

I would say a .25" -.5" lower at the top with the spacers would be about right. I'll send you the pics I have.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #6
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

dangit man stop it! by the time this is all said and done i may as well have bought your car outright in the first place! i really shouldnt be considering it but i am. good news would be though that you wouldnt get suckered into helping me install them! LOL

send the pics, im interested. dammit
Quote:

Old 10-29-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
dcspeed
Focus Enthusiast

lol, I also clearly know the modding sickness all too well.

I can assure you, these go in faster than an SVT brake swap. :)

Old 10-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #8
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

lol no kidding. that was a bit of a nightmare

are you going to include that monster socket for the rear?
Quote:

Old 10-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #9
ecugrad
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99968
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue Ford Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 ecugrad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by focusmaniaczx3 View Post
just want to give a shout out for this guy. i went down to his house on saturday to swap brakes between our cars and we hit that sucker from about 10am-10pm and even though i was pretty much worthless he made sure it was done. awesome guy and top of the line parts on this car. its a real shame to see it have to be parted out.
I'll second that! I went and visited Jason on Sunday. I got the camber arms off the car. Great guy and a damn shame he wrecked the car as it was mint.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #10
dcspeed
Focus Enthusiast

I have had several inquiries about look and height of the setup with spacers. Unfortunately I never took any measurements or any purposeful pictures of the car after the spacers were installed. The only pictures I have were taken at a track event and the pictures in the for sale thread I made for the car after the accident.

You can start at the for sale thread if you haven't seen it already
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297835

Here are the pictures from the track event.

First, this is the only static shot I have from the front. Please ignore the old BMW race car in the foreground, you will notice the focus in the right side of the picture

Here are a collection of action shots. Please keep in mind the suspension is compressed in various directions depending on the turn, but you can still get an overall idea.

Bookmarks & Social Networks