Why you should retrofit your lights - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #61
Slammed_2.0
Boosted HB.
 
Slammed_2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 84306
Location: LA, LA
What I Drive: 2013 TB ST

Posts: 1,697
FF Reputation: 20 Slammed_2.0 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Glad to see moar retrofits. I'll soon retrofit my focus. Just not anytime soon
__________________
2013 Ford Focus BOOS[ST]ED
2010 Ford Focus "S"edan (11 Psi, GT28RS) - Sold
ROTM Nov '11 (2010 Focus S)
Slammed_2.0 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #62
A7xschecter6661
Focus Enthusiast
 
A7xschecter6661's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98263
Location: Binghamton, NY
What I Drive: 2011 Focus SEL

Posts: 370
FF Reputation: 2 A7xschecter6661 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Here we go, a few more pics. This time high def







A7xschecter6661 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #63
A7xschecter6661
Focus Enthusiast
 
A7xschecter6661's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98263
Location: Binghamton, NY
What I Drive: 2011 Focus SEL

Posts: 370
FF Reputation: 2 A7xschecter6661 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I post new pics and everyone leaves
A7xschecter6661 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #64
sam fisher
I hate dents!
 
sam fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Fan#: 103137
Location: royal oak, MI
What I Drive: 2006 silver zx4 ses

Posts: 3,055
Points 4,176, Level 41
Points: 4,176, Level: 41 Points: 4,176, Level: 41 Points: 4,176, Level: 41
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 sam fisher Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
looks sick bro , beautiful cutoff , i will be doing a retrofit over the winter , but i plan to really take it slow . im going to try maybe fiberglass or bondo to fill in some of the unused bowl , and maybe try to shape in some leds too .

Sent from my N860 using FF Mobile
sam fisher is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #65
A7xschecter6661
Focus Enthusiast
 
A7xschecter6661's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98263
Location: Binghamton, NY
What I Drive: 2011 Focus SEL

Posts: 370
FF Reputation: 2 A7xschecter6661 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam fisher View Post
looks sick bro , beautiful cutoff , i will be doing a retrofit over the winter , but i plan to really take it slow . im going to try maybe fiberglass or bondo to fill in some of the unused bowl , and maybe try to shape in some leds too .

Sent from my N860 using FF Mobile
Sounds awesome!

The cut off is ok in this picture, if you follow the bricks to the left you can see they aren't perfectly straight. I think its the shield though, because the main lines look good so I think it's just the curve of the shield that makes them look slightly rotated


I guess the only reason they aren't awesome to me is I compared a bunch of the projectors and I see like 2-3 inches of blue on top of some. But most people use bigger more expensive projectors and modify the lens with washers to create the cutoff color.

My cut off color is actually orange and green, which is weird coming from a slightly blue tinted bulb
A7xschecter6661 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #66
sam fisher
I hate dents!
 
sam fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Fan#: 103137
Location: royal oak, MI
What I Drive: 2006 silver zx4 ses

Posts: 3,055
Points 4,176, Level 41
Points: 4,176, Level: 41 Points: 4,176, Level: 41 Points: 4,176, Level: 41
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 sam fisher Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7xschecter6661 View Post
Sounds awesome!

The cut off is ok in this picture, if you follow the bricks to the left you can see they aren't perfectly straight. I think its the shield though, because the main lines look good so I think it's just the curve of the shield that makes them look slightly rotated


I guess the only reason they aren't awesome to me is I compared a bunch of the projectors and I see like 2-3 inches of blue on top of some. But most people use bigger more expensive projectors and modify the lens with washers to create the cutoff color.

My cut off color is actually orange and green, which is weird coming from a slightly blue tinted bulb
well this will be my very first retro-fit but it sounds pretty straight forward , im sure i will be fine with it , im debating on what kit to use though , either the mini d2s or the fxr stage 3 . im more inclined to go fxrs i think tho. iv heard they have a really good cutoff and that is one of the things i like most about these lights .
sam fisher is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #67
A7xschecter6661
Focus Enthusiast
 
A7xschecter6661's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98263
Location: Binghamton, NY
What I Drive: 2011 Focus SEL

Posts: 370
FF Reputation: 2 A7xschecter6661 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam fisher View Post
well this will be my very first retro-fit but it sounds pretty straight forward , im sure i will be fine with it , im debating on what kit to use though , either the mini d2s or the fxr stage 3 . im more inclined to go fxrs i think tho. iv heard they have a really good cutoff and that is one of the things i like most about these lights .
I went with mini for ease of installation. Definitely not regretting it.

I went from a 2003 grand am with the worst 9007 based headlights ever. I swore I would only ever buy a car with separate high/low beams so they could be on together and ended up with a focus with junk h13 lights.

The retrofit was indeed necessary, haven't gotten flashed once

Definitely a step up from the plug and play hid kit
A7xschecter6661 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2012, 11:10 PM   #68
sam fisher
I hate dents!
 
sam fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Fan#: 103137
Location: royal oak, MI
What I Drive: 2006 silver zx4 ses

Posts: 3,055
Points 4,176, Level 41
Points: 4,176, Level: 41 Points: 4,176, Level: 41 Points: 4,176, Level: 41
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 sam fisher Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7xschecter6661 View Post
I went with mini for ease of installation. Definitely not regretting it.

I went from a 2003 grand am with the worst 9007 based headlights ever. I swore I would only ever buy a car with separate high/low beams so they could be on together and ended up with a focus with junk h13 lights.

The retrofit was indeed necessary, haven't gotten flashed once

Definitely a step up from the plug and play hid kit
yea lol , i actually just popped mine out today , along with the housings . and put these in their place [IMG][/IMG]

i freaking LOVE the way they look , but hopefully the retrofitted lights i create will look even better , they are the reggo chrome ones but i def wont be leaving any chrome in there. probly all black , but maybe black with color matched accents , but small ones if any . lol i dunno ill see when i get there , now my minds going to be stuck on retro fitting for hours lol
sam fisher is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #69
A7xschecter6661
Focus Enthusiast
 
A7xschecter6661's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98263
Location: Binghamton, NY
What I Drive: 2011 Focus SEL

Posts: 370
FF Reputation: 2 A7xschecter6661 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam fisher View Post
yea lol , i actually just popped mine out today , along with the housings . and put these in their place [IMG][/IMG]

i freaking LOVE the way they look , but hopefully the retrofitted lights i create will look even better , they are the reggo chrome ones but i def wont be leaving any chrome in there. probly all black , but maybe black with color matched accents , but small ones if any . lol i dunno ill see when i get there , now my minds going to be stuck on retro fitting for hours lol
Good! Plan it all out.
I did not paint mine because I was pressed for time with only one set of headlights and I didn't want any paint to flake in the future
A7xschecter6661 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2012, 11:45 PM   #70
sam fisher
I hate dents!
 
sam fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Fan#: 103137
Location: royal oak, MI
What I Drive: 2006 silver zx4 ses

Posts: 3,055
Points 4,176, Level 41
Points: 4,176, Level: 41 Points: 4,176, Level: 41 Points: 4,176, Level: 41
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 sam fisher Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7xschecter6661 View Post
Good! Plan it all out.
I did not paint mine because I was pressed for time with only one set of headlights and I didn't want any paint to flake in the future
right , which kinda makes me want to use the black housings for the retro . id be willing to bet theyll be easier to pull apart too , i noticed there was less than half as much sealant on them compared to the stock ones
sam fisher is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.