SO i just got in an accident... - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #51
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ngkev1n1 View Post
So i just got off the phone with other providers insurance (mercury) said the repair cost is going to be $9150 for my car which would exceed the $10000 limit the other driver has for the two cars so they wont be covering the accident and i have to go through my own insurance... Also the rental car they set up will have to be returned since they will not cover it... great... They still need to pay for my medical bills.... My insurance said they would waive my deductible, but what concerns me is when i resale the car this seems like it would significantly affect the resale value because of this large repair job/accident... do i need an attorney?
Basically you need to get things straightend out, just because it was over the other motorist's coverage limit doesn't mean you should be responsible for paying for the whole thing.

If needed get an attourney, but first go through your insurance and have them file the claim with the other company if they try to put the screws to you.

Also you may want to claim for diminished value or whatever once the car is fixed, as a hit that structural (front and rear) is going to do more damage to the already fragile resale value.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #52
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Go to your insurance, tell them what mercury said have them get the money from mercury, or try to, when my last car was totaled my insurance sued the other insurance company, they went bankrupt and it has been in collections for 2 years. Still waiting on(probably wont get) my $2000 deductible back.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #53
k1ngkev1n1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103124
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 k1ngkev1n1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Basically you need to get things straightend out, just because it was over the other motorist's coverage limit doesn't mean you should be responsible for paying for the whole thing.

If needed get an attourney, but first go through your insurance and have them file the claim with the other company if they try to put the screws to you.

Also you may want to claim for diminished value or whatever once the car is fixed, as a hit that structural (front and rear) is going to do more damage to the already fragile resale value.
How do you account for the major rapair cost in the new value of the car?
Old 10-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #54
k1ngkev1n1
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post
Go to your insurance, tell them what mercury said have them get the money from mercury, or try to, when my last car was totaled my insurance sued the other insurance company, they went bankrupt and it has been in collections for 2 years. Still waiting on(probably wont get) my $2000 deductible back.
My insurance is waiving my deductible, but I was called y auto shop and have minor frame damage which will def effect the resale value also have to speak with my insurance about getting reimbursed for Clearbra and my magnaflow exhaust.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #55
Craeshen
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90525
What I Drive: 2012 candy blue Focus titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Craeshen Good Standing Member
If you have frame damage push to have it written off because damage to the frame affects all of your other cars safety features.

Following the old rule of thumb is there's frame damage it's a write off.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #56
k1ngkev1n1
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craeshen View Post
If you have frame damage push to have it written off because damage to the frame affects all of your other cars safety features.

Following the old rule of thumb is there's frame damage it's a write off.
What happens when it is written off is it basically totaled? the guy said it was very minor frame damage. Dunno if it matter? it would suck if it was totaled because i would loose basically like 4grand in 2 months of ownership.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #57
Woggy64
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104328
What I Drive: '12 Ti 5dr with sport pkg & sunroof

FF Reputation: 1 Woggy64 Good Standing Member
Ok, first off :

Insurance various state by state. Your coverage varies depending on what you decided to take in coverage. There is no FULL COVERAGE box to check to get everything, therefore you need to get your insurance agent to explain in detail what you are covered for - and if they say FULL COVERAGE and leave it at that, find another agent/company.

You are in CA, same as I am. Your Ford dealer may also be on your insurance companies list of approved repair centers. Mine was, and that is where my car was taken when I had an accident much like yours (the one before I bought this '12 focus). My insurance agent was called, who then had a claim agent take over, and I did nothing. They direct billed the rental company, and did everything and then they handled the other party's insurance for their expenses. I would let them do the work YOU have been paying them for.

Since my car at the time was a '07, they do, and will use "recovered" auto parts first, then new parts. When you are at a independent repair center, that means cheaper, third party parts. Since this was at Ford dealer, the new parts were from Ford. And they placed that in writing on my paperwork. And BTW - "recovered" auto parts mean they do a quick search in the area for wrecking yards to find a matching vehicle to "recover" those parts if undamaged.

As the woman in front of me that had no damage came back two months later with a $13,000 repair from her Mercedes Benz dealer for all the stuff under that plastic bumper cover. I referred her to my agent and never heard anything more about it.

Save all your paperwork, take notes, and pictures. Save it all.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #58
k1ngkev1n1
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woggy64 View Post
Ok, first off :

Insurance various state by state. Your coverage varies depending on what you decided to take in coverage. There is no FULL COVERAGE box to check to get everything, therefore you need to get your insurance agent to explain in detail what you are covered for - and if they say FULL COVERAGE and leave it at that, find another agent/company.

You are in CA, same as I am. Your Ford dealer may also be on your insurance companies list of approved repair centers. Mine was, and that is where my car was taken when I had an accident much like yours (the one before I bought this '12 focus). My insurance agent was called, who then had a claim agent take over, and I did nothing. They direct billed the rental company, and did everything and then handled the other party's insurance for their expenses. I would let them do the work YOU have been paying them for.

Since my car at the time was a '07, they do, and will use "recovered" auto parts first, then new parts. When you are at a independent repair center, that means cheaper, third party parts. Since this was at Ford dealer, the new parts were from Ford. And they placed that in writing on my paperwork. And BTW - "recovered" auto parts mean they do a quick search in the area for wrecking yards to find a matching vehicle to "recover" those parts if undamaged.

As the woman in front of me that had no damage came back two months later with a $13,000 repair from her Mercedes Benz dealer for all the stuff under that plastic bumper cover. I referred her to my agent and never heard anything more about it.

Save all your paperwork, take notes, and pictures. Save it all.
My insurance will cover all the repairs, but i do not have rental insurance i know. Mercury was going to cover that, but they cant cover the repairs so they no longer will cover it and i have to return the car. The repair shop is good. Its a pain in the ass to go through all this. I need a car to get to the physical therapy appointments as well, but i dont feel i should hav eto pay for the out of my pocket since i was rear ended.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:54 PM   #59
Woggy64
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104328
What I Drive: '12 Ti 5dr with sport pkg & sunroof

FF Reputation: 1 Woggy64 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ngkev1n1 View Post
My insurance will cover all the repairs, but i do not have rental insurance i know. Mercury was going to cover that, but they cant cover the repairs so they no longer will cover it and i have to return the car. The repair shop is good. Its a pain in the ass to go through all this. I need a car to get to the physical therapy appointments as well, but i dont feel i should hav eto pay for the out of my pocket since i was rear ended.
Again, this is why I hate the term FULL COVERAGE.

Rental reimbursement is just another part of insurance you can purchase, but you need to ask for it. And I believe they now offer a higher version of it. Mine is $24 a day, and I think I could get $85 (with a higher rate). And I believe it's capped at 30 days.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #60
k1ngkev1n1
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woggy64 View Post
Again, this is why I hate the term FULL COVERAGE.

Rental reimbursement is just another part of insurance you can purchase, but you need to ask for it. And I believe they now offer a higher version of it. Mine is $24 a day, and I think I could get $85 (with a higher rate). And I believe it's capped at 30 days.
Yea my coverage doesnt cover rentals. I think may need an attorney to handle getting reimbursed for everything. this is just crazy. plus i have to go to therapy for the next two months according to my dr.

Bookmarks & Social Networks