My Ford Touch Thread - Page 234 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #2331
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
So then I have 3.0.2. That was the major one. it moved the temp and got rid of the background. So people talking about the temp moving back to the main screen moved to 3.2.2?
Yep, it is back on the MFT screen w/3.2.2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #2332
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
But I can't get 3.2.2 any more? Do I want it .. or should I wait for the next one?
Old 10-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #2333
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Dealer might be able to update you but you can't get it and do it yourself from syncmyride. I guess it depends on how much having the temp back means to you. It also claims to have fixed the "disappearing" preset button issue with AM/FM and Sirius. I haven't used AM/FM or Sirius enough since updating to be able to confirm or refute this though.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #2334
Stryker412
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79767
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 1 Stryker412 Good Standing Member
It would be nice if you could hide inputs you don't use (like TVs). I don't ever use the AM, Sirius, Video inputs.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:12 PM   #2335
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
But I can't get 3.2.2 any more?
Unless you have an FTP server...

But then there's the potential climate issue. So I'd say wait it out.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #2336
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Ever since the 3.0.2 update, my system has taken a good 8-10 minutes every morning to lock on to a GPS signal. For some reason for the last week and a half, it has managed to lock on before I have even made it to the end of my street in the morning (about 45 seconds or so). I have no idea why all of the sudden it seems to want to function effectively. It is so annoying because it indicates to me that the system is actually capable of it, just wouldn't do it for the last seven months (and who knows how long it will last).

Of course there is always a trade-off. I used to have to reboot every 5-7 days just to get my Sirius traffic flow/incident indicators back on the map. Now it seems like they don't even last two days. Rebooted last night when I got home from work (Nav was just plain frozen all day so who knows if traffic was working or not). Went to run some errands with my wife and son. Traffic was back when we left the house (after the reboot). Made a stop and when we got back in traffic was still there. Stopped for dinner and we left the restaurant, no traffic. Didn't even make it 3 hours. This morning still no traffic so I had to throw the reboot app in before I shut down in the work parking lot.

Man, this is really, really, really getting old!
Old 10-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #2337
A2Fan
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87793
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 A2Fan Good Standing Member
We added a new, custom ordered 2013 hatchback to the family fleet a week ago. I have to admit, the problems with our 2012 sedan's MFT/Sync system nearly put me off the deal, but I like the Focus itself and we did get a generous incentive package and nearly non-existent interest rate. The 2012 sedan now belongs to my wife, and I finally got the hatchback I always wanted.

So far, I have not interfaced my iPod to the car in any way. My dealer suggested that it was a corrupted media file on my iPod that caused my problems in my 2012. Utter BS, but I thought I'd do some experimenting by not adding it to the new car for awhile.

I have had the car a little over a week, and on 4 occasions, it would not pair with my iPhone 4 (iOS6). Shutting the car down, restarting - instant pairing. It was never this wonky with the 2012.

When in quad display mode, the compass ball has *never* displayed my current location. Works off and on (mostly on) in the 2012, with the latest dealer installed software.

So, even with the latest software from the factory, MFT/Sync is still dodgy in some ways.

Off-topic, but I thought worth mentioning... the build quality of the interior is slightly improved in the 2013 over last years model. The moon roof cover is much more substantial for example.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #2338
BlazeFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104991
What I Drive: _

FF Reputation: 2 BlazeFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2Fan View Post
The moon roof cover is much more substantial for example.
Could you elaborate on that please?
Old 10-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #2339
A2Fan
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87793
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 A2Fan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeFocus View Post
Could you elaborate on that please?
Sure, the sliding interior cover in my 2012 feels flimsy and loose (sometimes tends to rattle when the windows are open) whereas my 2013 has a thicker, more solid feel. There's even a little more resistance pushing and pulling, and it doesn't have any looseness, so no rattle.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #2340
BlazeFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104991
What I Drive: _

FF Reputation: 2 BlazeFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2Fan View Post
Sure, the sliding interior cover in my 2012 feels flimsy and loose (sometimes tends to rattle when the windows are open) whereas my 2013 has a thicker, more solid feel. There's even a little more resistance pushing and pulling, and it doesn't have any looseness, so no rattle.
Thanks.

I've noticed those same inadequacies on the 2012.
I wonder if that 2013 sliding cover and be applied to the 2012.
You got me thinking now...thanks!

Bookmarks & Social Networks