Why you should retrofit your lights - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #41
A7xschecter6661
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98263
What I Drive: 2011 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 A7xschecter6661 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LikwidZX5 View Post
I think 5000K is perfect. In reflections it shows fairly blue, but on the road where it counts, the light is a very nice bright white.
I had 8000k in my bike, swapped them to 5000k.

Later I put back in the 8000k and I was like wtf I can't see anything. Don't see how people can stand 8000k for output
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 05:47 AM   #42
LikwidZX5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 34180
What I Drive: 2006 ST w/ SAP2

FF Reputation: 4 LikwidZX5 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7xschecter6661 View Post
I had 8000k in my bike, swapped them to 5000k.

Later I put back in the 8000k and I was like wtf I can't see anything. Don't see how people can stand 8000k for output
I don't understand it either. I saw someone with pink headlights the other day and you could barely see any light more than 10 feet in front of their car. I know we all have moments when we do stupid things, but come on!

MW/SR/D23/ST Crew
Old 10-23-2012, 05:54 AM   #43
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95564
What I Drive: '08 Vermillion Red 5 speed SEdan

FF Reputation: 5 DarderSauce Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
I don't understand it either. I saw someone with pink headlights the other day and you could barely see any light more than 10 feet in front of their car. I know we all have moments when we do stupid things, but come on!
Sure everyone has moments but continuously driving when visibility is shite isn't a moment, that's just called being a dip isht.

on a side note, just found me a driver side SES headlight so I am going to order my kit for das retro!!! Once I am done with that I am putting my other housings with the lamin-x tint and the PIAA bulbs up for sale.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #44
A7xschecter6661
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarderSauce View Post
Sure everyone has moments but continuously driving when visibility is shite isn't a moment, that's just called being a dip isht.

on a side note, just found me a driver side SES headlight so I am going to order my kit for das retro!!! Once I am done with that I am putting my other housings with the lamin-x tint and the PIAA bulbs up for sale.
If I were you I'd keep them.

In case something ever goes wrong and you have to reopen the lights, you have spares so you can take your time.

If you are getting the morimoto mini h1s make sure you do the pre install preparation which involves taking them apart, and sanding down the plunger so it never sticks.

Mine worked flawlessly out of the headlight, but now (it only happens when I am showing my lights off against a wall when they first warm up) if I pull the light switch back to flash the high beams, my driver side one stays engaged in high beam mode. Eventually switching back and forth makes it raise the shield again. I took them apart, and lubed them up but I did not sand them down.

Now I wish I did.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...moto-Mini-Tips
Old 10-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #45
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by A7xschecter6661 View Post
If I were you I'd keep them.

In case something ever goes wrong and you have to reopen the lights, you have spares so you can take your time.

If you are getting the morimoto mini h1s make sure you do the pre install preparation which involves taking them apart, and sanding down the plunger so it never sticks.

Mine worked flawlessly out of the headlight, but now (it only happens when I am showing my lights off against a wall when they first warm up) if I pull the light switch back to flash the high beams, my driver side one stays engaged in high beam mode. Eventually switching back and forth makes it raise the shield again. I took them apart, and lubed them up but I did not sand them down.

Now I wish I did.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...moto-Mini-Tips
Well I always take the advice of people that have walked the path before me so I think I will keep them. +1 for the linkage, always helpful!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #46
A7xschecter6661
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Well I always take the advice of people that have walked the path before me so I think I will keep them. +1 for the linkage, always helpful!
No problem at all, mine have no issues unless I do a "high beam flash" then the driver side sometimes sticks.

Never the passenger though...

But yeah I wish I had a spare set, then I wouldn't have had to rush the install and wouldn't mind taking them out to adjust/fix anything in the future.

I want to take mine out and rotate the passenger projector a hair, and I think I found the problem with my driver side adjuster being so low.

The shield inside might have warped, or I didn't have it in the correct spot and when it raises, it hits the turn signal bowl. But the passenger side doesn't.

I will have to pull it apart, shove a screw driver in the turn signal bulb hole and try to pop it out of the way so it works correctly
Old 10-24-2012, 06:12 AM   #47
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Going to get this going too.

shield by DarderSauce, on Flickr

Result when light is off:

result by DarderSauce, on Flickr

Only Downside: You can see the solenoid and spring at the right angle.

solenoid by DarderSauce, on Flickr

But I figured that wouldn't be so bad.

What EXACTLY is it that makes the solenoid stick? Does it stick because it isn't smooth enough?

I have a friend that is an engineer and he works a lot with teflon coatings. I am going to see if he can hook me up and coat my solenoids. This would make it sooooooooo smooth I doubt I would have to worry about pre-install prep. But I think that might be a long shot so I will keep you updated.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:20 AM   #48
LikwidZX5
Focus Addict

Quote:
Going to get this going too.

shield by DarderSauce, on Flickr

Result when light is off:

result by DarderSauce, on Flickr

Only Downside: You can see the solenoid and spring at the right angle.

solenoid by DarderSauce, on Flickr

But I figured that wouldn't be so bad. I have a friend that is an engineer and he works a lot with teflon coatings. I am going to see if he can hook me up and coat my solenoids. This would make it sooooooooo smooth I doubt I would have to worry about pre-install prep. But I think that might be a long shot so I will keep you updated.
Exactly what I did to mine, except mine are painted red. I wanted to do the whole demon eye set up then decided against it. I kinda like this better because I don't have to turn any led's on and get out my car to enjoy the look. I just need a direct beam of light and it looks badass.

Plus, no attention from the cops

MW/SR/D23/ST Crew
Old 10-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #49
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Quote:
Plus, no attention from the cops
That's what I am looking for. I wanted to do red to match my car but all the red ones I have seen don't look as nice as the blue..... I should look for a metalic red high heat paint.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:22 AM   #50
LikwidZX5
Focus Addict

Quote:
That's what I am looking for. I wanted to do red to match my car but all the red ones I have seen don't look as nice as the blue..... I should look for a metalic red high heat paint.
Yeah, definitely use high heat. I used engine enamel and cured it in the oven before I installed them.

MW/SR/D23/ST Crew

Bookmarks & Social Networks