02 SVTF. Busted timing belt. Whole car, or not at all - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Marketplace > Buy - Sell - Trade > Archive

Archive Archive of all expired Buy-Sell-Trade postings.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2012, 02:40 AM   #10
samus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53177
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT

Points 126, Level 2
Points: 126, Level: 2 Points: 126, Level: 2 Points: 126, Level: 2
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 samus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer ZX3 View Post
I think 2500 is a fair price if you parted you could get that much if not more! Stay strong on your price people always want stuff for free or little to nothing. SVT is leaps and bounds past a Zetec Focus! That's why a SVT is worth more now, because it cost more to begin with! Go buy a Zetec and swap it. GLWS
Listen,

I'm not here to argue, but since you are:

1) a running SVT, unmolested, all one color, with his mileage, is $3000 on eBay. How is he going to get $2500 for a car that needs $2500 worth of work to turn into a $3000 car?

2) a zetec > svt conversion isn't out of the question, and I've considered it, but it is more work because I have to swap a lot more from my donor car. the front knuckles, axles, engine wiring harness (this is a big headache to swap) and the exhaust are all very time consuming.

3) he clearly doesn't want to part it out. he said so twice. but I agree, with a little time, he could part out very few things to get what I'm offering him, such as wheels/tires ($400-$500) the recaro interior ($300-$400) and the exhaust ($200) but all are very difficult to ship and are the only remaining things worth money. he could forget about the legality of reselling\shipping the airbags and make $200 there I guess... listen, parting out a car is a LOT of work, more so than swapping an engine/trans.

4) my offer is 3x what he'll get from his next alternative, a junker.

5) this car has 120k. everybody on this forum knows when an SVTF hits 120k, it's value is at or below a ZX3/ZX5 because of the inherently high maintenance, lower MPG, and lower demand. we love these cars, but most people don't. i was offered $2000 for a trade-in toward my Focus ST on my 2003 Black SVTF 5DR with 119K, which is in showroom condition with no molestation. the only thing that isn't stock is the dogbone mount, european grill and taylor thundervolt wires. dealers don't want them.

6) he could fix it, and he might just do that. it'll cost about $2000 to rebuild the head properly with machine work, new studs and hardware, light porting, valves and seats, and possibly some bottom end work if the piston/sleeve/connecting rod & bearing didn't survive. Or $800 to do it ghetto and just get it limping.

7) considering points 1-6, my offer is his most profitable, least hassle option.

Bookmarks & Social Networks