Parts pricing inconsistency - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
Graeme S
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101487
What I Drive: 2012 SBM Focus Titanium A/T

FF Reputation: 1 Graeme S Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Parts pricing inconsistency

Has anyone else called around for parts at different dealerships and been quoted different (sometimes radically) pricing? I called around for TPMS quotes for my 2012 Focus (locally, I'm in Canada) and was given the following prices from the different dealerships.

Coastal: $89.90, "But we'll sell it to you for $76.42"
Key West: $77.97
Cam Clark: $71.92
Brown Bros: $60
Metro Motors $59.93

Unfortunately, the two that gave me quotes are the farthest from me (at least 45 minutes' drive away). Is there anything I can do to get consistent pricing, or at least what I would call "proper" pricing for the parts I'm looking for? Is there some kind of corporate pricing sheet I could compare against, or someone I can talk to at Corporate?

I left the dealership names in just because I copy/pasted, if mods want to remove the names, feel free, I'm not sure what policy is. Also, if this is in the wrong section or inappropriate I apologize, I'm just kind of fuming at the moment, since had I not called around I'd've spent an extra hundred bucks plus tax for these things.

I'm working myself up to writing a letter to Corporate to see what their policy is and what I can do to protect myself from stuff like this in the future without having to call five different dealerships to get quotes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

Points 8,981, Level 63
Points: 8,981, Level: 63 Points: 8,981, Level: 63 Points: 8,981, Level: 63
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Each dealership is independently owned and therefore dictate their own prices on parts and vehicles. The MSRP is only what Ford Corporate says to sell a car for and that's why that price is negotiable. The same goes with parts.

If you've already purchased something go back to them and let them now that if they want your continued business to refund the difference and price match all future purchases.

The difference in prices encourages competitiveness and is what makes America great. *EDIT: (AND Canada!)
<>< Gal. 6:14
April 2013 HOTM
2013 Ford Fun Weekend: Show Class Winner
Old 10-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
Graeme S
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101487
What I Drive: 2012 SBM Focus Titanium A/T

FF Reputation: 1 Graeme S Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubhack View Post
Each dealership is independently owned and therefore dictate their own prices on parts and vehicles. The MSRP is only what Ford Corporate says to sell car for and that's why that price is negotiable. The same goes with parts.

If you've already purchased something go back to them and let them now that if they want your continued business to refund the difference and price match all future purchases.
Good advice, I may just do that.

Quote:
The difference in prices encourages competitiveness and is what makes America great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
I called around for TPMS quotes for my 2012 Focus (locally, I'm in Canada)
*coughcough*
Old 10-22-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

Points 8,981, Level 63
Points: 8,981, Level: 63 Points: 8,981, Level: 63 Points: 8,981, Level: 63
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%