Intelligent Oil Life Monitor - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-28-2012, 08:29 AM   #71
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
Question about the Vehicle Health Report. Has anyone figured out a way to have this information sent to an e-mail address instead of a mobile phone? I don't really want my phone involved in this process.

How to register your vehicle

Create your SYNC Owner account in three steps:
1. Account set-up
Enter your email address and create a password
Select a security question and create a unique answer to keep your account private and secure

2. Add your vehicle
Enter your Vehicle Identification Number (or VIN)

3. Contact information
Enter your name and address
Enter the active mobile phone number that you’ll use with SYNC Services and Vehicle Health Reports
Since Sync Services requires the use of a mobile phone and you need to dial into ford in order to be able to submit your vehicle health report no you cannot use an email address instead of a mobile phone number if you planned on using Sync Services or the Vehicle health report.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #72
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

FF Reputation: 2 cbdallas Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Bummer.

Thanks
Old 08-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #73
red-i
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18685
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti - Tuxedo Black

FF Reputation: 1 red-i Good Standing Member
when I picked up my car the dealer threw an oil change sticker on the windshield to change at 8000kms. they didn't mention anything about the OLM.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:51 AM   #74
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Bummer.

Thanks
If you could get a google voice number to work for voip calling using 2/3/4g data and register this number as your services number theoretically you could use this instead of a real phone number, but I'm not 100% sure that this would work, and it would still use voice minutes and or data to accomplish the services action.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #75
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Question about the Vehicle Health Report. Has anyone figured out a way to have this information sent to an e-mail address instead of a mobile phone? I don't really want my phone involved in this process.

How to register your vehicle

Create your SYNC Owner account in three steps:
1. Account set-up
Enter your email address and create a password
Select a security question and create a unique answer to keep your account private and secure

2. Add your vehicle
Enter your Vehicle Identification Number (or VIN)

3. Contact information
Enter your name and address
Enter the active mobile phone number that you’ll use with SYNC Services and Vehicle Health Reports
Don't worry: the Vehicle Health Report is as close to a useless document as you'll find. It doesn't let you know what the Oil Life Monitor is thinking so you might as well rely on the oil change sticker on your windshield, and tells you if you have an illuminated "check engine" light. Oh and the occasional false alarm because the report was run when the engine was off. Lots of marketing, very, very little substance.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:01 AM   #76
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

FF Reputation: 2 cbdallas Good Standing Member
Thanks for the heads-up on that. I figured it would be like the OnStar reports you can have e-mailed to you periodically (which I like) that tells you what's going on with the car, what it needs, and how soon it'll need it.

This is exactly why I don't want to distribute my cell number for stuff like this....I get enough marketing already.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #77
Stewartsarar
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105062
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Stewartsarar Good Standing Member
27,500 miles!!!

After my first 10,000 miles went by without getting an alert telling me to do so, I just decided to change my oil anyway- after all it can't hurt. I changed my oil again at 20,000 miles- still no alert. Now this alert system goes off of how you drive the car supposedly and 98% of my driving is highway- my oil change alert just went on for the first time at 27,500 miles- just 7000 miles after my last oil change. Obviously it's not going off of actual oil viscosity or oil quality. an interesting but useless feature in my opinion. If it had a built in wall if 10,000 (change when needed or 10,000 mi whichever comes first) it would make me feel better about actually trusting it.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:01 AM   #78
Twitchboy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95777
What I Drive: 2012 metallic gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Twitchboy Good Standing Member
I go tmy car February 26 2012 and already have 14,582 miles it. I have done one oil change and have not been alerted yet for the next one and did the first oil change around 6,400 miles. I have also put on an AEM cold air intake and have driven this thing HARD hitting the governor speed of 119 numerous times and flooring it off the line to get to school almost everyday. And with all my hard ass driving testing to see what this beast can do, I still am not due for the next oil change. However with these new engines going 7,500 plus mile sbetween oil changes I would nto even pay attention to it needing an oil change on a new one of these untill a least 5,000 plus miles because it needs time to accumulate your driving data so I think your just checking it too early, and if the sensor s up the warranty will cover it so dont trip.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #79
silenthill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85671
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL hatch

FF Reputation: 2 silenthill Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewartsarar View Post
After my first 10,000 miles went by without getting an alert telling me to do so, I just decided to change my oil anyway- after all it can't hurt. I changed my oil again at 20,000 miles- still no alert. Now this alert system goes off of how you drive the car supposedly and 98% of my driving is highway- my oil change alert just went on for the first time at 27,500 miles- just 7000 miles after my last oil change. Obviously it's not going off of actual oil viscosity or oil quality. an interesting but useless feature in my opinion. If it had a built in wall if 10,000 (change when needed or 10,000 mi whichever comes first) it would make me feel better about actually trusting it.
Did you ever mention this to the dealer so they could perform the update?
Old 10-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #80
mysticbluebmw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85252
What I Drive: 2013 Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi

FF Reputation: 1 mysticbluebmw Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitchboy View Post
I go tmy car February 26 2012 and already have 14,582 miles it. I have done one oil change and have not been alerted yet for the next one and did the first oil change around 6,400 miles. I have also put on an AEM cold air intake and have driven this thing HARD hitting the governor speed of 119 numerous times and flooring it off the line to get to school almost everyday. And with all my hard ass driving testing to see what this beast can do, I still am not due for the next oil change. However with these new engines going 7,500 plus mile sbetween oil changes I would nto even pay attention to it needing an oil change on a new one of these untill a least 5,000 plus miles because it needs time to accumulate your driving data so I think your just checking it too early, and if the sensor s up the warranty will cover it so dont trip.

I would state I hope that 119 was at the track, but more than likely, probably not.

Oh and that warranty (which expires at 36k) won't mean crap when at 75,000 miles, his engine is gummed up from too few oil changes. All the huge mileage gaps between oil changes now a days is not because of new fangled tech or magical fairy dust....it's marketing hype.

Laguna Seca Pedals

Bookmarks & Social Networks