2012 Focus SE Transmission Grinding - Page 11 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #101
Ysteven
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101029
What I Drive: 2012 oxford white sel, H2, F-150

FF Reputation: 1 Ysteven Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I noticed today that rattling sound and shuddering happens more often when after I drive 40-50 miles, then it's getting aggressive sound and shuddering. Isn't its weird? Is it possible I have my DCT with low oil. Cause it's seems to me that heat makes all my symptoms louder and more noticeable.
Does anyone tried removing cover from the under the vehicle, maybe it helps cooling.
Thx
Steven
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2012, 06:30 PM   #102
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

Points 986, Level 16
Points: 986, Level: 16 Points: 986, Level: 16 Points: 986, Level: 16
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysteven View Post
I noticed today that rattling sound and shuddering happens more often when after I drive 40-50 miles, then it's getting aggressive sound and shuddering. Isn't its weird? Is it possible I have my DCT with low oil. Cause it's seems to me that heat makes all my symptoms louder and more noticeable.
Does anyone tried removing cover from the under the vehicle, maybe it helps cooling.
Thx
Steven
I too have noted "the noise" get louder after the car's been driven a while. Heat has got to be a factor... one would think it'd be in all our best interests if cooling the computer (if that's the problem) could be done... if that's the solution...
Old 10-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #103
Ysteven
Focus Enthusiast

Does anyone tried removing cover from under the car (the one covering all drivetrain components)? Also what iam gonna say now is silly but I will try: I did rebuild before 03focus trans and overfilled mercon for about a quart, after driving 10-20 miles half of it came out thru the vent.
My point is::: I was thinking to add oil into my new Focus!!! Larger capacity will take longer to heat up. Unless our problems in DRY department where clutch sits. As I mentioned before dealer replaced clutches last week and problem still appears. So I am using now method illumination, thinking issue is in closed circuit(inside of the casing).
Another thought: I read somewhere that clutches good up to 100k miles under normal usage, so iam asking myself why would they replace it on 1/10 th of its life. And also find that our new DCT good for up to 1million clutch engagements.
Any thoughts???
Steven
Old 10-22-2012, 12:20 PM   #104
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,875, Level 32
Points: 2,875, Level: 32 Points: 2,875, Level: 32 Points: 2,875, Level: 32
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
If I can't get a dealer to look at my transmission, are there any cons to looking at it myself? If I take it apart (or pay a shop to do so) and we find oil in the bell housing, what is the next step?
Old 10-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #105
Titanium2012
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96424
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Titanium2012 Good Standing Member
This weekend it happened! I've been on this forum for months but never had any issues with my transmission. This weekend, I totally experienced the grinding full-on. Usually between 1000 and 2000 rpm. It sounded horrible. It's at the dealer's service center right now, but they haven't looked at it yet. Hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:40 PM   #106
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,875, Level 32
Points: 2,875, Level: 32 Points: 2,875, Level: 32 Points: 2,875, Level: 32
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium2012 View Post
This weekend it happened! I've been on this forum for months but never had any issues with my transmission. This weekend, I totally experienced the grinding full-on. Usually between 1000 and 2000 rpm. It sounded horrible. It's at the dealer's service center right now, but they haven't looked at it yet. Hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow.
...and they told us we were crazy. [bootyshak

Oh, and sorry about your transmission.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #107
Ysteven
Focus Enthusiast

I hope they will not give you answer like they did to me. :::(drive it for awhile, we (dealer) don't have a fix at this moment, but as soon as Ford will realese something we ll let you know). That's exactly words.
Now Iam on new car with rattle sound on up shifting.
I have a gut feeling this have something to do with cooling. I mentioned before, all my symptoms more aggressive after 50 miles round trip or hot day or heavy traffic in NYC.
Colder days approaching and I notice it less.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #108
Ysteven
Focus Enthusiast

PratoN;, I wouldn't do repairs on your own, as they can say we void warranty since its been done not buy us, and also you might end up picking up the tab for repair.
Unless I'm wrong.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #109
Titanium2012
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96424
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Titanium2012 Good Standing Member
Has contacting your regional Customer Service Manager helped anyone? Just wondering?
Old 10-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #110
mjb457
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96645
What I Drive: 12 Focus SE , 03 PT Cruiser GT

Points 787, Level 14
Points: 787, Level: 14 Points: 787, Level: 14 Points: 787, Level: 14
Level Up 87% Completed
Level up: 87% Level up: 87% Level up: 87%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 0 mjb457 Newbie
Trans

Ford Rep on this site said they would contact regional manager----(she never did that I knew of=lip service)....Service Manager handled it for me at the dealership... MJB

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.