DDMTuning Cart (HID) - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #21
burton560
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 74639
What I Drive: 2008 Vermillion SES

FF Reputation: 1 burton560 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
H13 for these guys? everywhere else says H9 if you are sticking with stock and H11 with HID
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #22
SVTFocusOnMe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89087
What I Drive: 2003 SVT EAP Screamin' Yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 4 SVTFocusOnMe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
that is nuts would never pay that much for an hid kit for oem lights, 40 bucks on ebay, you do a little searching for the right kit not the xentrec ones, have a 35w kit in my fogs in the SVT focus and in the headlights of my cougar and they blow away any halogens and I have had no problems
Old 10-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #23
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95564
What I Drive: '08 Vermillion Red 5 speed SEdan

FF Reputation: 5 DarderSauce Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Hate to unearth this old bastard but I just want to make sure I order the right set-o-bulbs.

I am going to retrofit the Morimoto 5.0 Projectors in my stock housing. Could someone just verify I am getting the right HID's?

Still a noob when it comes to this stuff and I have a knack for F-ing stuff up.... Plus asking questions is free

Capture by DarderSauce, on Flickr

EDIT: Whoa, good thing I saw this. Want it to match the fogs so 8K and I should be gay (the old definition gay).

Capture by DarderSauce, on FlickrTHANKS!!!

Last edited by DarderSauce; 10-17-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #24
Barrow88
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91009
What I Drive: 10' Black SES, 02' Boosted ZX3

FF Reputation: 4 Barrow88 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Hey DarderSauce, Morimoto MiniH1 projectors use a H1 bulb so you need to order a H1 kit not the H13 as the projectors themselves have the hi/low function not the bulbs and I see you were going to get 55w just thought you'd like to know those projectors are not ment to have 55w HIDs they are made for 35W so the 55s could damage the projector bowls. It might be close to the same amount if you just ordered the retrofit kit instead of the projectors from morimoto and HIDs from DDM.

You will probably need the Morimoto relay kit for the projectors it has the hi/low connectors for the projectors.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php?cPath=28

You might be able to get away using the DDM H13 hi/low harness but the hi/low connectors will be different so you will need to modify it to work (I had the hi/low ddm harness when I had hids in the stock housings so I know the connectors will be different)

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/High-Low-Harness
Build Thread: Already Built... For Now
Old 10-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #25
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow88 View Post
Hey DarderSauce, Morimoto MiniH1 projectors use a H1 bulb so you need to order a H1 kit not the H13 as the projectors themselves have the hi/low function not the bulbs and I see you were going to get 55w just thought you'd like to know those projectors are not ment to have 55w HIDs they are made for 35W so the 55s could damage the projector bowls. It might be close to the same amount if you just ordered the retrofit kit instead of the projectors from morimoto and HIDs from DDM.

You will probably need the Morimoto relay kit for the projectors it has the hi/low connectors for the projectors.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php?cPath=28

You might be able to get away using the DDM H13 hi/low harness but the hi/low connectors will be different so you will need to modify it to work (I had the hi/low ddm harness when I had hids in the stock housings so I know the connectors will be different)

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/High-Low-Harness
You are right, they are about the same with the morimoto bulbs. I woul have to assume they are better quality than the DDM's. Would you go with 3five bulbs or would you recommend upgrading to the XB35's for $30 more? If it makes a difference I am going with 6k

I kinda want to get different shrouds as well, would the MC-R fit?

Sentra%20Retrofit%20MC-R%20shroudl by DarderSauce, on Flickr

^^Also with those shrouds will you still get the halo (dots) around the projector lamp or do you have to pay more for that option?
I think you would have to get the Morimoto CCFL kit. Is that built in or is it something that requires extra wiring?

This is what the cart looks like so far... Am I doing it right?

Thanks!
Old 10-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #26
Barrow88
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarderSauce View Post
You are right, they are about the same with the morimoto bulbs. I woul have to assume they are better quality than the DDM's. Would you go with 3five bulbs or would you recommend upgrading to the XB35's for $30 more? If it makes a difference I am going with 6k

I kinda want to get different shrouds as well, would the MC-R fit?

Sentra%20Retrofit%20MC-R%20shroudl by DarderSauce, on Flickr

^^Also with those shrouds will you still get the halo (dots) around the projector lamp or do you have to pay more for that option?
I think you would have to get the Morimoto CCFL kit. Is that built in or is it something that requires extra wiring?

This is what the cart looks like so far... Am I doing it right?

Thanks!

I dont have experience with the xb35 bulbs but they are supposed to be brighter so if thats what you want go ahead and get them. Here is what your cart should look like and I included the resealing glue as I would recommend getting unless your going to use something else, I also included two different versions of the cart one with ccfl and one with the XBled halos (XBled halos will be brighter and less wiring, both do require extra wiring also) & (you might want to email the retrofit source if you want to reproduce the light behind the shrouds cause the ones I got with my projectors were smaller and ment to be on the outside so you may need larger ones which in that case you would need to add the larger halos to your order seperately and not order them with the projectors)

Cart with CCFL halos:

Cart with XBled halos:

Cart totals for both CCFL on bottom & XBled on top (dont pay attention to the cart total thats for both kits together only look at the kit totals:
Old 10-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #27
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

I think I am going to skip the Halo since that is just something else that could fail but I will get the XB35's and the glue.

Thanks doood
Old 10-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #28
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

are the 5Five 50W better than the XB35's?

If so I might as well upgrade to the FX-R's. Plus I want a NICE set that I won't have to worry about upgrading for a while.

What do you think?

lights by DarderSauce, on Flickr
Old 10-19-2012, 12:27 AM   #29
Barrow88
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarderSauce View Post
are the 5Five 50W better than the XB35's?

If so I might as well upgrade to the FX-R's. Plus I want a NICE set that I won't have to worry about upgrading for a while.

What do you think?

lights by DarderSauce, on Flickr
Well its your choice like I have said before I dont have any experience with the XB35 bulbs and or the 5five ballast & bulbs so I cant give you a good answer on that. The FX-R projectors I can tell you are going to be a lot harder to install rather than the miniH1's or miniD2S projectors but they are supposed to be a better projector than either one of the other two I mentioned. If you want some better answers though and talk with some people with better knowledge of this stuff you might want to head over to the www.hidplanet.com forums and ask these questions there.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:05 AM   #30
popwarhomie
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94974
What I Drive: 10 Focus coupe / 94 Lightning

FF Reputation: 1 popwarhomie Good Standing Member
FXRs are not easy to install. Do not run over 35 watt ballast with MH1 projectors. If your looking for even brighter go with 4300k or 5000k XB35 bulbs. The more color the less light output. 4300k being the brightest.

Im sure you will be very happy with the 5.0 MH1 setup. Im planning on FXRs soon to replace my MH1s but not because im not happy with my MH1s I just want to try something else.

Yes the MCR shrouds will fit.
A lot of mods.

Bookmarks & Social Networks