Mods on the new ST - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current)

Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current) The place to chat about the 2.0L EcoBoost engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-18-2012, 12:24 AM   #71
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanzx5 View Post
changing out the turbo for a slightly bigger one could gain a lot for you. as tom has pointed out with such a small turbo with a quick spool its peaking early but then has a nasty drop off right at the peak. a turbo that takes until 3500 rpms might lose a little bottom end power but the power band would be better across the board.
also tom said he is gonna be offering tuning for it so im sure he will do it the same as he does the other focus. charge you once and retune everytime you add another part or change something out for no extra cost.
steeda has an air intake in the pre production stages that is showing gains of about 10hp and i dont remember tq numbers. a turbo back exhaust would most likely yeild another 15-20hp.

so a tune to gain 30-40 hp, intake to gain 10 and exhaust to gain 15-20. thats 55-70 hp gain right there. lightweight flywheel and a better clutch to help put the power to the ground and you have a 300+hp focus st.
quit adding damn numbers up... it doesn't work that way junior
I hate ricer math...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2012, 01:29 AM   #72
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 82699
What I Drive: 2000 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 6 alaskanzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
im not just adding numbers up, sct has shown 30-40hp giaing from their tuning, steeda has shown 10hp gain from their intake. an axhaust should get about 15hp. all those are gained from the stock numbers. its called estimating. go ahead and do an intake exhaust and tune then get it on a dyno and try to tell me you didnt atleast gain 50-60hp from those mods.

if sct has gained 30-40 and steeda 10 from their intake then you shoulde be able to expect atleast 40 from the steeda intake and a tune.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:44 AM   #73
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

listen, ive built several focus and currently have a 13 sec blown svt. you're using ricer math plain and simple.
each component will compliment one another but WILL NOT stack horse power numbers.
just because an intake saw say 10 hp on a stock tune does not mean it will show that once a performance tune is also added. it may show a hp increase or it may show a decrease, or it may show no gain at all.
And each car reacts slightly differently to parts. no two engines are perfectly the same and the factory occasionally changes ecu programming slightly.

now, go run off to a honda forum and use your ricer math...
Old 10-18-2012, 04:46 AM   #74
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

So hostile, all I am saying is that it's reasonable to say that with a tune intake and exhaust you can hain50+ HP. Am I saying you will no, do I understand that each upgrade may affect it differently with the other uprgrades yes. All I am saying is it is possible to gain that much from those mods.

No reason to get upset
Old 10-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #75
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanzx5 View Post
So hostile, all I am saying is that it's reasonable to say that with a tune intake and exhaust you can hain50+ HP. Am I saying you will no, do I understand that each upgrade may affect it differently with the other uprgrades yes. All I am saying is it is possible to gain that much from those mods.

No reason to get upset
try reading what you stated before... you were stating you would, plain and simple. you stacked hp numbers and claimed an easy 300 hp. Now your trying to flip flop what you emphatically stated several times, and call me hostile on top of it to try to cover, go figure. And then turn around in your last sentence and say it is possible, make your damn mind up. whats possible? right now nothing other than 253 whp from an sct tune, no one has any other aftermarket support released so get a damn grip on reality till they do because your living a pipe dream right now
and if you had a clue on estimating you would already know how fubar your process of thought is.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #76
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinloco1 View Post
try reading what you stated before... you were stating you would, plain and simple. you stacked hp numbers and claimed an easy 300 hp. Now your trying to flip flop what you emphatically stated several times, and call me hostile on top of it to try to cover, go figure. And then turn around in your last sentence and say it is possible, make your damn mind up. whats possible? right now nothing other than 253 whp from an sct tune, no one has any other aftermarket support released so get a damn grip on reality till they do because your living a pipe dream right now
Sorry of what I wrote didn't explain what I was trying to say good enough. If you read the post though its say you can gain 50-70 HP from a tune intake and exhaust. yes i did go a little overboard when i said you could get 300hp outta it from bolt ons and a tune any it wasnt the brightest thing i have ever said but im still not trying to flip flop anything around. im saying hostile becuase i made a simple post stating that a tune giving 30-40hp plus an intake that still in pre production stages has showed gians of 10hp and an exhaust can get you 50+hp gain the most being 70 if your lucky. ford says the st does 250 hp stock add the tune an intake and exhaust and you could be getting 300hp, flywheel and clutch to help that put that power to the road. looking at the power gained from the tune and the power gained from the intake would be a 40-50 hp gian alone, that puts you in the ballpark of 300hp not at the wheels but still 300hp.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #77
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Its all pretty much guessamation till we see dyno results. I along w/ all you would love to have someone do a step by step process. I'd sure love to do that, sounds fun= comparing different companys products on a new st.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 12-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #78
finalley
Focus Addict

Fan#: 386
What I Drive: 04SVTF, 03SVTF,08F150 4x4, 2013ST3

FF Reputation: 5 finalley Good Standing Member
....1st thing I'm getting is a poly motormount and a Quaife LSD....
Old 12-14-2012, 08:34 AM   #79
03sonicstang
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105558
What I Drive: 03 Cobra, 13 Focus ST,75 Vette

FF Reputation: 1 03sonicstang Good Standing Member
E-Focus Motor Mount and Steeda CAI. Also want to get her on a Dyno to have it tuned. IMO its pig rich from the factory (This is only based on how black the exhaust tips seem to get)
Old 12-23-2012, 08:57 AM   #80
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
A diff & a dogbone= win win!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalley View Post
....1st thing I'm getting is a poly motormount and a Quaife LSD....
That'll make a big difference. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131

Bookmarks & Social Networks