POLL: K&N Intake - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: Have you had problems with the MAF housing?
No problems, whatsoever 12 85.71%
I was very careful, but still broke my MAF housing 0 0%
I wasn't very careful and broke my MAF housing 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #31
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 47 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBennett2388 View Post
So does the drop in knn filter get better gas mileage? With out the snorkal delete and new missionn mods? Only "performance" upgrade I have is 2.25 piping flex pipe back with a magnaflow muffler "camaro" style(single in and dual out). I'm looking for an intake to work the the exhaust but keep atleast the same gas mileage or hopefully even better mileage. What intake would you guys recommend if any?
It really depends on your driving. The best mileage I have gotten with my commute is out of the drop-in/snorkel delete. Without the snorkel delete I only had better throttle response, and with the Newmission I lost 3 mpg. My driving is mainly city/rural as it is my work car and there are no highways/interstates in my commute.

I took the car on one long highway/interstate drive once (with Newmission installed), and while I can't confirm it it did appear as though I was getting much better mileage with the mod in those conditions.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #32
BBennett2388
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103670
What I Drive: 2012, se hatch back

FF Reputation: 1 BBennett2388 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well I do maybe 14 miles round trip which is 85% on the freeway. And before I did the exhaust and also forgot the mention I added rims with slightly larger tires and I use to get roughly 39mpg driving like an old lady since the whole reason I bout the car was to "commute" and save gas, but now I get 35 so I don't know if I lost mpg because the speedo is off because of the larger tires(I know this becase of my truck). But I'm hoping with my small "commute" I can do an intake and get better mpg, or just the drop in/replacement knn. And other diy mods like new miss. And snorkal delete.

I don't wanna cut anything until I hear from others and can tell which works best for mpg. I'm not really looking for performance. I already have that a built 05 f150 prerunner and a 2011 gsxr750.

Bookmarks & Social Networks