So Ford made a mistake that I'm okay with - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #41
Citoriplus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100455
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Citoriplus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yea it uses a 3156 bulb so I can easily see them being a bit too bright for normal usage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #42
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
Umm....okay? You make the mistake that just cause you don't see a need that there isn't a need at all. Flawed logic.

And you know WHY the R8 had those lights, right? Because the LMP1 racecar debuted with them as accenting and it became a Audi signature styling piece. Over the years and starting with the A4 they really fleshed out the design, now they are just solid bars instead of individual ones which helps the look.

BMW? What? BMW has had CCFL based angle eyes for a decade or so now, that is also their own signature look. Only in recent years did they upgrade them to LED based lighting.

Nowadays BMW, Mercedes and Audi offer full LED headlights. Headlights that offer better illumination and better visibility especially at night. Like that is a bad thing? Same with the taillights. They are instant, they are bright, they get the message across to traffic of your intentions. The only downside is that these lights do not generate heat which means they don't clear off frost as fast.

This is what they look like these days, properly awesome indeed. If you had bothered being in a car equipped with them.

As far as chintzy goes? Audi and BMW are the only ones with their own signature looks, everyone else happily stole from them. And unless you hate forward progress in automotive technology...
If these lights were actually forward progress of a technical nature in automotive technology such as the main lighting bulb in the fixture being a high light output, inexpensive, long lasting, energy efficient LED I would care. As is, they are a "styling exercise" and not a particularly pleasing one esthetically to my discerning eye. In my opinion they look as cheesy as a lime green racing stripe or fake hood scoop does. You may like that sort of thing and you're completely free to like it. Likewise, I'm completely free not to not care for the looks of it.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #43
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus YBTC View Post
If these lights were actually forward progress of a technical nature in automotive technology such as the main lighting bulb in the fixture being a high light output, inexpensive, long lasting, energy efficient LED I would care. As is, they are a "styling exercise" and not a particularly pleasing one esthetically to my discerning eye. In my opinion they look as cheesy as a lime green racing stripe or fake hood scoop does. You may like that sort of thing and you're completely free to like it. Likewise, I'm completely free not to not care for the looks of it.
Right because LED lighting is clearly as cheesy as green paint or fake hood scoops...

Maybe when you get off your lawn you can come join the 21st century.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Old 10-15-2012, 06:10 PM   #44
MichaelJD1980
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55223
What I Drive: 2013 Tux SE Black Pack 5MT

Points 1,149, Level 18
Points: 1,149, Level: 18 Points: 1,149, Level: 18 Points: 1,149, Level: 18
Level Up 49% Completed
Level up: 49% Level up: 49% Level up: 49%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 9 MichaelJD1980 Good Standing Member
Apparently whoever installs the passenger tail lights at MAP doesn't realize there's a difference. I have a BEV tail on that side too.

Probably just going to have the dealership put the correct one in.

And regarding the reflector concern above, the rear reflectors are in the bumper, not the tail light.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #45
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
Right because LED lighting is clearly as cheesy as green paint or fake hood scoops...

Maybe when you get off your lawn you can come join the 21st century.

I'm not against LED lighting in the least, it's your self constructed straw man image of me that is. LED lights have tons of advantages over any other form of lighting and I've said so before in comparison to the old technology of HID lighting. That brought plenty of boos too from HID fans. I don't care for the styling exercise of multiple little LED strings of lights, that's all. Is that OK with your highness? Should I run all my opinions before you in the future to be sure they pass muster?
Old 10-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #46
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJD1980 View Post
Apparently whoever installs the passenger tail lights at MAP doesn't realize there's a difference. I have a BEV tail on that side too.

Or maybe they ran short on the correct part originating from a still flooded Thai plant or something and air freighted an emergency shipment in of the "wrong" part just to keep the lines running. I used to deliver air freight to all the GM plants in Flint MI years ago and saw such things done aplenty.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #47
metric
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87570
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 1 metric Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJD1980 View Post

And regarding the reflector concern above, the rear reflectors are in the bumper, not the tail light.
So you're on the same boat as me. Are you going to try and ask for a BEV RH light, or do you just want the "correct" light?
Old 10-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #48
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,571, Level 65
Points: 9,571, Level: 65 Points: 9,571, Level: 65 Points: 9,571, Level: 65
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 34%
Activity: 34% Activity: 34% Activity: 34%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by metric View Post
So you're on the same boat as me. Are you going to try and ask for a BEV RH light, or do you just want the "correct" light?
Don't you mean Left hand lamp, if they already have the right hand side BEV lamp per the picture same as yours.

Chances are Ford would either ignore your request or take back the nicer lamp and give you the original one on the right hand side instead since it wasn't correct per oasis.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #49
metric
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87570
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 1 metric Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Don't you mean Left hand lamp, if they already have the right hand side BEV lamp per the picture same as yours.

Chances are Ford would either ignore your request or take back the nicer lamp and give you the original one on the right hand side instead since it wasn't correct per oasis.
You are correct sir, I meant LH side. I also agree that they'll replace it with the non led housing as I stated earlier, that's why I just ordered a LH BEV.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #50
MichaelJD1980
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55223
What I Drive: 2013 Tux SE Black Pack 5MT

Points 1,149, Level 18
Points: 1,149, Level: 18 Points: 1,149, Level: 18 Points: 1,149, Level: 18
Level Up 49% Completed
Level up: 49% Level up: 49% Level up: 49%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 9 MichaelJD1980 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by metric View Post
You are correct sir, I meant LH side. I also agree that they'll replace it with the non led housing as I stated earlier, that's why I just ordered a LH BEV.
Mind if I ask for details? Part number, price, where you ordered from? I looked around online and found nothing. I also am considering just disconnecting the LED power for now until I find a LH lamp (although I haven't looked to see if its a separate plug or what).

Bookmarks & Social Networks