exhaust problems - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-14-2012, 04:04 AM   #1
jchaps zx3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104840
What I Drive: 2001 red zx3

FF Reputation: 1 jchaps zx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
exhaust problems

hey guys im new here got a question? so my oil pan had rusted out, ok no big deal so i go to disconect the cat well someone welded the cat flange to the flexpipe flange. so my question is if i get a long tube header and new flex pipe and the cat back exhaust with the o2 sensors hooking into the header will it trip the check engine light or will i be ok ? thanks guys let me know

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
sgtsmasher
need new focus?!

Fan#: 65000
What I Drive: 01 cd silver 3 door ztec

FF Reputation: 2 sgtsmasher Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
depends where your getting the header from! if you go the svt header route it gets pricey, regardless of what people say unless you are good friends with an exhaust guy (i was not). dont get the M2 header or any style like it off fleebay, you would be more then wasting your money. it also depends on the style motor you have as well, they made 3 different style motors for the focus in 01. we need more info and also if you do some detailed searches in buy sell trade sections you can sometimes come across some really good deals. hope this helps
Hatch Nation #72
Call Me BRANDO COMMANDO
Old 10-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #3
jchaps zx3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104840
What I Drive: 2001 red zx3

FF Reputation: 1 jchaps zx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It's the 16 v 2.0 dohc zetec
Old 10-14-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
zetecDon
Where am I?

Fan#: 62506
What I Drive: 02 ZX3, 02 MX-5

Points 12,453, Level 73
Points: 12,453, Level: 73 Points: 12,453, Level: 73 Points: 12,453, Level: 73
Level Up 1% Completed
Level up: 1% Level up: 1% Level up: 1%
Forum Activity 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%
FF Reputation: 28 zetecDon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (45)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtsmasher View Post
depends where your getting the header from! if you go the svt header route it gets pricey, regardless of what people say unless you are good friends with an exhaust guy (i was not). dont get the M2 header or any style like it off fleebay, you would be more then wasting your money. it also depends on the style motor you have as well, they made 3 different style motors for the focus in 01. we need more info and also if you do some detailed searches in buy sell trade sections you can sometimes come across some really good deals. hope this helps
^^This guy speaks from personal experience as you can tell. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchaps zx3 View Post
hey guys im new here got a question? so my oil pan had rusted out, ok no big deal so i go to disconect the cat well someone welded the cat flange to the flexpipe flange. so my question is if i get a long tube header and new flex pipe and the cat back exhaust with the o2 sensors hooking into the header will it trip the check engine light or will i be ok ? thanks guys let me know
If you go with the long tube header and flex pipe combination you are going to turn on the CEL. Most of the long tube headers have locations as to where you can install the o2 sensors but they won't work properly. Anytime you remove the catalytic converter you are either going to need a tune to shut off the second o2 sensor or you will need to get a mil eliminator.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
FLYLOW
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 34077
What I Drive: Gen Coupe Rspec

FF Reputation: 4 FLYLOW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
my bro has the obx ebay header, his cel only comes up like once a month then goes away

Old 10-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #6
sgtsmasher
need new focus?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLOW View Post
my bro has the obx ebay header, his cel only comes up like once a month then goes away

Thats not a bad kit, not as much power as the svt or as costly, but its better then the knock offs on fleebay. Look ill break it down for you, its not cheap modding the focus unless you can find rediculous deals...starting from induction with a cold air intake and throttle body can run you as much as 400 new for both, bout 250 for a TB and bout 150 for the svt intake or aem set up...then the header depending on what you get can run you 300 after shop fees which you can save yourself a ton of money by doing it yourself...the exhaust can run you 250-350 or more also depending on what you get, magnaflow borla, fs werks race/stealth...these are just for the engine and what not...ive probably spent 10k on my car without going turbo. so you have to ask yourself is it worth it...i say yes lol. I could keep going too, suspension, wheels, body kit, interior, its endless.
Hatch Nation #72
Call Me BRANDO COMMANDO
Old 10-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #7
freemind
Vince your Moderator

Fan#: 67513
What I Drive: 2002 ZX3 and a 2010 Focus SE (Work)

Points 5,850, Level 49
Points: 5,850, Level: 49 Points: 5,850, Level: 49 Points: 5,850, Level: 49
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 65%
Activity: 65% Activity: 65% Activity: 65%
FF Reputation: 22 freemind Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLOW View Post

If you use this OBX setup with a 2.25' exhaust, you will gain 10 or so whp(untuned). It is what I have.

Hatch Nation #140
Caeci caecos ducentes
Old 10-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #8
sgtsmasher
need new focus?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemind View Post
If you use this OBX setup with a 2.25' exhaust, you will gain 10 or so whp(untuned). It is what I have.
has it been proven on a dyno?? im not sure thats correct...
Hatch Nation #72
Call Me BRANDO COMMANDO

Bookmarks & Social Networks