Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 171 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #1701
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
I'm sorry, this debate is getting too far from where I started. I still would like information on actual clutch failures. Not ones due to a leaky seal!
As far as I know, there have been very few to none. Almost all clutch issues are rooted to the leaking seal issue or shuddering that appears to be a software issue. I think I've heard of one with a bad throw out bearing and a few were imbalanced and Ford sent out customer satisfaction letters to vehicles built within those build dates. Aside from that, the clutch packs seem pretty solid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2012, 07:19 AM   #1702
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
As far as I know, there have been very few to none. Almost all clutch issues are rooted to the leaking seal issue or shuddering that appears to be a software issue. I think I've heard of one with a bad throw out bearing and a few were imbalanced and Ford sent out customer satisfaction letters to vehicles built within those build dates. Aside from that, the clutch packs seem pretty solid.
I tend to agree with your comments. Currently I have no issues with my trans including any shuttering. Hopefully it stays that way!
Old 10-19-2012, 05:39 AM   #1703
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

I thought I would post this website for those of you who have unresolved issues with Ford.

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.go...d.aspx?Lang=en

Maybe if enough submit your complaints it may draw attention by the FTC!
Old 10-21-2012, 01:13 AM   #1704
matt1975
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105105
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 matt1975 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvandy4898 View Post
Well purchased my brand new 2012 Ford Focus on May 21, 2011. My vehicle had to be ordered and was delivered to me on May 24th. Upon driving it, I found that when I would come to a stop and push the gas to go, it would sputter and hesitate. I have been dealing with it for over 2 weeks and decided to contact my dealership.

I took the vehicle to the shop on June 3rd. The tech drove with me and felt exactly what I was talking about. He stated that he had to put it on the computer. Within 30 minutes, he came out with a piece of paper stating 2012 Focus automatic transmission shudder. Some 2012 focus vehicles equipped with the powershift/DPS6 transmission may experience a shudder/shake on start up or when slowing to a stop. This condition does not cause durability or reliably concerns and will deminish as the clutch breaks in. "IF CUSTOMERS COMPLAIN OF THIS ISSUE, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPAIR THE VEHICLE AND SHARE THIS SERVICE MESSAGE WITH THE CUSTOMER.

My question was, how long does this go on and when will it stop? No on could answer. Has anyone else felt this issue? I could not find any post on this prior to me putting this up. I stated I do not feel safe in the vehicle. The car at times when I pull out on the road feels just like it will stall out. After sending an email to the VP of the dealership, I was contacted by the service manager. He stated that he is working on getting an answer from Ford.. At the time of service there were 781 miles on my car. Today there are 1291 and still nothing has changed. I am awaiting a reply and will move forward if I don't like the answer.

Also, yesterday while driving, my shoe lace got caught on brake peddle. Has anyone else ever gotten stuck on the brake peddle? Just curious. It freaked me out.

Hey I'm having the same problem when I start my transmission feels like it's slipping and my car shakes I also notice that when I'm starting and turning right there is a grinding sound coming from the right front tire. I want to take it in to the service department at Battlefield ford in Culpeper VA but I have a feeling that they will just dismiss it as "Nothing"

Other than that issue I love my 2012 Focus SEL this is my third focus I had an 05 and a 2011 that I just traded in for my 2012..

I've also noticed my foot hitting the break while i'm trying to accelerate I think they made the petals to close together I wish there was a way to adjust them to make them further apart..But I just chalk it up to my size 13 shoes LOL
Old 10-21-2012, 04:25 AM   #1705
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Brakes = things on moving vehicles or machine that help slow or stop
Break = a pause, intermission etc, or a break in the glass
Old 10-21-2012, 05:17 AM   #1706
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1975 View Post
Hey I'm having the same problem when I start my transmission feels like it's slipping and my car shakes I also notice that when I'm starting and turning right there is a grinding sound coming from the right front tire. I want to take it in to the service department at Battlefield ford in Culpeper VA but I have a feeling that they will just dismiss it as "Nothing"

Other than that issue I love my 2012 Focus SEL this is my third focus I had an 05 and a 2011 that I just traded in for my 2012..

I've also noticed my foot hitting the break while i'm trying to accelerate I think they made the petals to close together I wish there was a way to adjust them to make them further apart..But I just chalk it up to my size 13 shoes LOL
A size 13 shoe? How tall are you. I can't imagine anyone over 6 feet comfortable driving a Focus!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:06 PM   #1707
Cleric670
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91157
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SE

FF Reputation: 1 Cleric670 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
being a Focus owner, which you are not, I can only say the Focus is like a fine wine that gets better with age. The early nuances though noticeable are really minor.
first time posting on this board, purchased 2012 focus se sport brand new on 10/2012, had all servicing done by the dealer, after 3k miles started to develop the trans "shudder" and grinding from 1'st to 2'nd gear. grinding is VERY noticable now and is getting worse, dealership says it's "normal". Also had the car basically lose the gear when decelerating when it probably should have been 2nd gear there was NOTHING, very dangerous since i take a left hand turn on the highway and twice now i've pressed the gas and there's nothing, engine just revves up, gotta get on the shoulder, stop, then it'll find a gear and i can go again, dealership has no answer. vehicle now has 13k miles on it.

Highly recommend anyone looking into the ford focus to not purchase one, dangerous vehicle with no fix available.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:36 PM   #1708
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

I have no idea why you referenced my quote. My Focus like many others is a fabulous drive.
I appreciate the fact you have a problem as some of the other posters, but, There are many of us who do not.
You need to find another dealer and you need to demonstrate the problems you are having. Get them to reflash your control module.
Or, worst case, trade in your car and move on.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:11 AM   #1709
jellybean
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93883
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium

FF Reputation: 0 jellybean Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleric670 View Post
first time posting on this board, purchased 2012 focus se sport brand new on 10/2012, had all servicing done by the dealer, after 3k miles started to develop the trans "shudder" and grinding from 1'st to 2'nd gear. grinding is VERY noticable now and is getting worse, dealership says it's "normal". Also had the car basically lose the gear when decelerating when it probably should have been 2nd gear there was NOTHING, very dangerous since i take a left hand turn on the highway and twice now i've pressed the gas and there's nothing, engine just revves up, gotta get on the shoulder, stop, then it'll find a gear and i can go again, dealership has no answer. vehicle now has 13k miles on it.

Highly recommend anyone looking into the ford focus to not purchase one, dangerous vehicle with no fix available.
This has happened to me on 2 occasions now. See my post about it. http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298670
The car is now at the dealer for the second time on this particular issue. I received a call from Ford Customer Service yesterday to say there is nothing they can do as they cannot duplicate it and there are no codes...even though I gave them a detailed explanation of what happened on both occasions. They will not reflash the system, they will not open the tranny housing to see if it is leaking....nothing.

You are right....it is very dangerous.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #1710
cavedog309
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100919
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 cavedog309 Good Standing Member
Well, Maybe you got a Lemon, it happens. My 12 Focus SE is a Hoot to drive. Maybe you are not a very good driver. It gives you grief "STAND
ON IT" Don,t be afraid.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->