Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 170 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #1691
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by armoore View Post
I'm going to keep trying to deal with the dealer - why I don't know. But talked to an attorney in the area - actually top attorney for this area for Lemon Laws. Mine wouldn't be under the Lemon Law but a diffrent law applies (can't remember of hand) He says I have a case if I want one.
For a fee I assume.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #1692
armoore
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104658
What I Drive: 2012, Red SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 armoore Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
For a fee I assume.
Actually it was a free consult over the phone. And after probably dealing with letters, court for about 6 months Ford pays the lawyer fees. The only time I would have to pay something is if Ford would settle out of court within 30 days. I can't see that happening. Wouldn't it just be easier for Ford to fix the clutch issues and to pay for that then to pay someone for their car and attorney fees?
Old 10-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #1693
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoore View Post
Actually it was a free consult over the phone. And after probably dealing with letters, court for about 6 months Ford pays the lawyer fees. The only time I would have to pay something is if Ford would settle out of court within 30 days. I can't see that happening. Wouldn't it just be easier for Ford to fix the clutch issues and to pay for that then to pay someone for their car and attorney fees?
Pardon me, but, I can not remember the last time a major automobile manufacturer lost a case involving a suspected defect. Refresh my memory.
I'm not trying to be a wiseass.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #1694
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Pardon me, but, I can not remember the last time a major automobile manufacturer lost a case involving a suspected defect.
Cars are lemoned all the time - it's not particularly news-worthy.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #1695
armoore
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Pardon me, but, I can not remember the last time a major automobile manufacturer lost a case involving a suspected defect. Refresh my memory.
I'm not trying to be a wiseass.
If you would like I can ask him. He wins 90% of his suits and he has won on cases like this. With showing that there are issues and that I have gone in and tried to get them fix multiple times and knowing there was a tsb for these actual issues so they are aware of them. You don't have to do it so don't worry about it. I just have almost been in multiple accidents because of my car not wanting to react when it needs to. I don't like driving an unsafe care - Thank you I think that is my right.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #1696
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

FF Reputation: 2 cbdallas Good Standing Member
Someone on this forum has had his Focus bought back due to unresolved DCT issues. I'd consider that a loss, even though it wasn't in court.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #1697
armoore
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
Someone on this forum has had his Focus bought back due to unresolved DCT issues. I'd consider that a loss, even though it wasn't in court.
The attorney actually said that this most likely wouldn't even go to court. In the last 6 months Ford has been setteling out of court on most of their cases more so then they did in the last year and half.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #1698
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Cars are lemoned all the time - it's not particularly news-worthy.
lemon laws are quite complicated. They usually apply for defects that can not be repaired within a specified period of time not where it is implied the manufacturer refuses to acknowledge the defect.
If you lose the case you will be responsible for all fees incurred by the manufacturer including your own. I hope your lawyer can help you, but, remember he doesn't have any financial obligations either way.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #1699
armoore
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

As I had said before - it won't be under the "lemon law" it would actually be under a different law since it is after a year of the car. Also I do not have to pay anything if he loses. And yes the lemon law is complicated that is why I talked to a lawyer that knows it.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #1700
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

I'm sorry, this debate is getting too far from where I started. I still would like information on actual clutch failures. Not ones due to a leaky seal!

Bookmarks & Social Networks