SYNC Update Available on Focus!!! - Page 60 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #591
Mschmal72
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104894
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Mschmal72 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Sync Gen2 - V3.2.2 appears available for dealers to install. Has anyone had it installed at their dealer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #592
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mschmal72 View Post
Sync Gen2 - V3.2.2 appears available for dealers to install. Has anyone had it installed at their dealer?
Dealer installed it on mine, I had installed the downloadable version and it borked my climate control.

It seems more laggy and now MAP doesn't work with my Bluetooth. Damn.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #593
Focusinva
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98059
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 Focusinva Good Standing Member
I've noticed that not only is my climate system effected by the 3.2.2 update, but the system also says its not paired with my phone, even when it is paired. I still don't know how Ford managed to break two things in the new update that were performing just fine in the previous update. It's going on a month now with still no update from Ford.

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND EXPERIENCE GUYS...
Old 10-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #594
HuskerFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100149
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HuskerFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusinva View Post
I've noticed that not only is my climate system effected by the 3.2.2 update, but the system also says its not paired with my phone, even when it is paired. I still don't know how Ford managed to break two things in the new update that were performing just fine in the previous update. It's going on a month now with still no update from Ford.

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND EXPERIENCE GUYS...
I have the climate system issues, but my BT connection is just fine. I haven't really heard much about phone pairing being an issue from this update ... anyone else?
Old 10-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #595
red-i
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18685
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti - Tuxedo Black

FF Reputation: 1 red-i Good Standing Member
the ONLY issue I've had with 3.2.2. is sometimes it won't recognize my usb thumbdrive. seems to eventually correct itself without doing a delayed reboot/master reset. this has happend twice since I updated.

everything else (For me) works perfectly. phone pairing is fine, climate is fine etc...
Old 10-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #596
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Mine phone has been fine and BT connects consistently since installing 3.2.2 (disclaimer though, my install didn't screw up my climate either).
Old 10-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #597
georgegren
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96328
What I Drive: 2013 Black 5 door Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 georgegren Good Standing Member
Since the online sync update: I have no CC functions on the MFT. My iPhone 4 occasionally shows it as not paired with the system. I have to disconnect and re-connect to get it to show up. Also when I receive a call, it cuts in and out of audibly ringing through the speakers.

I think some or all of the iPhone issues may be related to the upgrade to iOS 6 as I did that within days of the sync update.

Radio button titles have not disappeared lately, but the radio does still change on occasion to a random FM channel if I am listening to AM and take a phone call.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #598
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgegren View Post
Since the online sync update: I have no CC functions on the MFT. My iPhone 4 occasionally shows it as not paired with the system. I have to disconnect and re-connect to get it to show up. Also when I receive a call, it cuts in and out of audibly ringing through the speakers.

I think some or all of the iPhone issues may be related to the upgrade to iOS 6 as I did that within days of the sync update.

Radio button titles have not disappeared lately, but the radio does still change on occasion to a random FM channel if I am listening to AM and take a phone call.
I'm pretty much in the exact same boat. What really strikes me as odd is the fact that ford pulled the update from the smk site because some of us had this particular issue with the climate etc (me included) but then there were many of you that had no issues. So does that mean ford figured it wasn't a reliable update due to some having issues and now it's like they're just going to skip it rather than repair the install and let others benefit from 3.22.
I just thought by now theyd figured out the problem and got back on track with things.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #599
Kasaris
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94178
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 2 Kasaris Good Standing Member
Dropped my Focus off at the dealership to have them look at the climate issue on MFT. They did manage to fix it and I now have temps being displayed correctly, I haven't tested the voice commands yet.

According to the service writer I spoke with he said the tech wiped and re-formatted the APIM and re-installed the latest update with their IDS equipment.

Here is what they put on my work order.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #600
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasaris View Post
Dropped my Focus off at the dealership to have them look at the climate issue on MFT. They did manage to fix it and I now have temps being displaid correctly, I haven't tested the voice commands yet.

According to the service writer I spoke with he said the tech wiped and re-formatted the APIM and re-installed the latest update with their IDS equipment.

Here is what they put on my work order.
I'm printing this out and taking it to my dealer on Wednesday.

Bookmarks & Social Networks