anyone successfully gotten lemon law to take care of ford focus 2012 tranny problems!!! - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #71
Ronbeav
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104446
What I Drive: 2011 genesis coupe ordered 2013 ST3

FF Reputation: 1 Ronbeav Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoody View Post
I don't know whether anyone is still following this thread, but I did prevail on a Florida Lemon Law claim on my 2012 Focus for the dual-clutch transmission issues of shuddering, hesitating, noise emanating from the transmission, and the vehicle rolling backwards on a slight incline. I hated to do it, as I liked so many things about the Focus, but I couldn't live with the transmission issues and Ford's insistence that what I was experiencing was "normal."
That's great that you were able to to prevail at arbitration. When I lemoned my Hyundai I wasn't no where near as hard as I thought it would be. I don't know what type of replacement car you are thinking about getting but if you like the Focus you can always buy yourself an ST. I have had mine for five months now and it is flawless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #72
brentwoody
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102285
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL

FF Reputation: 1 brentwoody Good Standing Member
I considered the ST but because of my back, I really need an automatic. I've looked at the Mazda 3, Civic, Elantra, Escape and Fusion. The Fords are more than I want to spend (even on the Z-plan), combined with the poor customer service and quality concerns. The Elantra is well-equipped, but I'm a little hesitant on the quality. So, it's down to the 3 and Civic, and leaning toward the Civic with its more spacious and refined interior and seats that are easier on my back.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #73
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoody View Post
I considered the ST but because of my back, I really need an automatic. I've looked at the Mazda 3, Civic, Elantra, Escape and Fusion. The Fords are more than I want to spend (even on the Z-plan), combined with the poor customer service and quality concerns. The Elantra is well-equipped, but I'm a little hesitant on the quality. So, it's down to the 3 and Civic, and leaning toward the Civic with its more spacious and refined interior and seats that are easier on my back.
Wait for the 2014 Mazda 3, if it actually ends up looking like this then I would say it's up there with the Focus. If the new Civic looked as good as the new Accord I would have jumped on it.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #74
brentwoody
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102285
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL

FF Reputation: 1 brentwoody Good Standing Member
It's a tough call. I like the look of the 3 even now better than the Civic. My son has a 2010 3 s, and loves it. It's just not quite as comfortable as the Civic, which is the primary reason I'm leaning that way. I wish I could wait for the '14 3, but I have to have another car at the time of the repurchase.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #75
booneymouse
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111865
What I Drive: 2013 White Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 booneymouse Good Standing Member
I have a 2013 - filing lemon lawsuit in April. Car parked where it will stay before it kills me. booneymouse@hotmail.com
Old 03-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #76
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by booneymouse View Post
I have a 2013 - filing lemon lawsuit in April. Car parked where it will stay before it kills me. booneymouse@hotmail.com
What are your major issues?

I have a 2013 too...DCT is not behaving.....

Sent from my SGH-T679 using FF Mobile
Old 03-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #77
booneymouse
Focus Rookie

Don't buy a ford focus. Filing lemon lawsuit on 2013 Ford Focus. Same problems plus computer brain blows up and you could get killed in right conditions. Ford and dealership looking the other way. So....I'll be renting a car until resolved.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #78
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by booneymouse View Post
Don't buy a ford focus. Filing lemon lawsuit on 2013 Ford Focus. Same problems plus computer brain blows up and you could get killed in right conditions. Ford and dealership looking the other way. So....I'll be renting a car until resolved.
Huh?

I did not know Skynet and Ford were two of the same.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using FF Mobile
Old 03-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #79
booneymouse
Focus Rookie

Sold to me as fully automatic - important bec. my husband is handicapped. Rolls backward and same general nonsense - I have my hands on Ford internal memo -obtained from dealer's service rep- about problems (no one would buy this car if they saw this memo) which I gave to my atty. If you want the Ford bulletin it's all in there - glad to e-m it to you if you want. Car seizes up get messages - Hill Start Assist Not Available, Transmission Fault, Then car fails, can't start for 1/2 hr. This all started @8700 miles - booneymouse@hotmail.com
Old 03-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #80
booneymouse
Focus Rookie

Be careful - Ford tries to build their losses into another car. It happened to me and I opted to go the lemon law route.

Bookmarks & Social Networks