iPhone 5 Bluetooth Issues? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
WolframNHart
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Fan#: 86856
Location: Vancouver, Canada
What I Drive: 2011 White SE

Posts: 19
Points 413, Level 8
Points: 413, Level: 8 Points: 413, Level: 8 Points: 413, Level: 8
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 WolframNHart Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
iPhone 5 Bluetooth Issues?

I tried searching, but no luck.

Has anyone had any connectivity problems with their Ford Sync Bluetooth and iPhone 5? Specifically when you start the car.

With my 4S, it was able to find the connection easily upon starting the car. Every now and then it would say 'Bluetooth not found' and I would have to go into the iphone settings and re-enable the connection.

With my iphone 5, it almost never catches the connection off the first go. I don't know if its taking longer to connect or what, but I would say 4 out of 5 times I have to go into the settings and manually engage the connection or at worst turn off bluetooth and turn it back to get it to pick it up again.

Its fairly frustrating. Gone are the days where I could get into the car and have my Sync pick up my iphone music seamlessly.

Any tips?


WolframNHart is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
PRSman25
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 103893
Location: Rockledge, FL
What I Drive: 2001 Black ZX3

Posts: 104
FF Reputation: 1 PRSman25 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
First world problems \m/
PRSman25 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
WolframNHart
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Fan#: 86856
Location: Vancouver, Canada
What I Drive: 2011 White SE

Posts: 19
Points 413, Level 8
Points: 413, Level: 8 Points: 413, Level: 8 Points: 413, Level: 8
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 WolframNHart Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
First world, no kidding. But I think I figured it out. For whatever reason, the iphone 5 is slower to pick up the BT connection. The 4S seemed to grab it right away, while the 5 takes 30 seconds or so.

It just means that there is the added annoyance of having to manually establish the connection when before it would recognize you as soon as you entered the car.
WolframNHart is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:26 PM   #4
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep
 
FordIVTteam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 87765
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 934
Points 2,125, Level 27
Points: 2,125, Level: 27 Points: 2,125, Level: 27 Points: 2,125, Level: 27
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolframNHart View Post
I tried searching, but no luck.
Has anyone had any connectivity problems with their Ford Sync Bluetooth and iPhone 5? Specifically when you start the car.
With my 4S, it was able to find the connection easily upon starting the car. Every now and then it would say 'Bluetooth not found' and I would have to go into the iphone settings and re-enable the connection.
With my iphone 5, it almost never catches the connection off the first go. I don't know if its taking longer to connect or what, but I would say 4 out of 5 times I have to go into the settings and manually engage the connection or at worst turn off bluetooth and turn it back to get it to pick it up again.
Its fairly frustrating. Gone are the days where I could get into the car and have my Sync pick up my iphone music seamlessly.
Any tips?
Hey, WolframNHart -

Certain phones are known to hold the best connection when they're Reverse Paired. Instead of the usual process where your phone finds SYNC, SYNC will find your phone. Before doing this, you'll want to remove SYNC from your phone's list of Bluetooth devices and perform a Master Reset on the system. Instructions for both processes are below.

Master Reset:

http://Support.Ford.com/sync-technol...ter-reset-sync

Reverse Pairing:

http://Support.Ford.com/sync-technol...air-phone-sync

Let me know if this helps or if you have additional questions.

Jaclyn
__________________
FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
FordIVTteam is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #5
WolframNHart
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Fan#: 86856
Location: Vancouver, Canada
What I Drive: 2011 White SE

Posts: 19
Points 413, Level 8
Points: 413, Level: 8 Points: 413, Level: 8 Points: 413, Level: 8
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 WolframNHart Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hey, WolframNHart -

Certain phones are known to hold the best connection when they're Reverse Paired. Instead of the usual process where your phone finds SYNC, SYNC will find your phone. Before doing this, you'll want to remove SYNC from your phone's list of Bluetooth devices and perform a Master Reset on the system. Instructions for both processes are below.

Master Reset:

http://Support.Ford.com/sync-technol...ter-reset-sync

Reverse Pairing:

http://Support.Ford.com/sync-technol...air-phone-sync

Let me know if this helps or if you have additional questions.

Jaclyn
Thanks Jaclyn, I'll test this out and report back before the weekend.
WolframNHart is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #6
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep
 
FordIVTteam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 87765
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 934
Points 2,125, Level 27
Points: 2,125, Level: 27 Points: 2,125, Level: 27 Points: 2,125, Level: 27
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolframNHart View Post
Thanks Jaclyn, I'll test this out and report back before the weekend.
No problem, WolframNHart! I'll stay turned for your reply.

Jaclyn
__________________
FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
FordIVTteam is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
WolframNHart
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Fan#: 86856
Location: Vancouver, Canada
What I Drive: 2011 White SE

Posts: 19
Points 413, Level 8
Points: 413, Level: 8 Points: 413, Level: 8 Points: 413, Level: 8
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 WolframNHart Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
No problem, WolframNHart! I'll stay turned for your reply.

Jaclyn
Hi Jaclyn,

This absolutely worked! Made a huge difference. There you go guys, reverse pair your iOS device for best performance.
WolframNHart is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #8
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep
 
FordIVTteam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 87765
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 934
Points 2,125, Level 27
Points: 2,125, Level: 27 Points: 2,125, Level: 27 Points: 2,125, Level: 27
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolframNHart View Post
Hi Jaclyn,

This absolutely worked! Made a huge difference. There you go guys, reverse pair your iOS device for best performance.
Woot Woot! Thrilled to hear it, WolframNHart!

Jaclyn
__________________
FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
FordIVTteam is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.