Is this plug and play? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #1
Trav-E2.0
Thread Killer

Fan#: 8331
What I Drive: 2012 White SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 6 Trav-E2.0 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Is this plug and play?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=91459060058

Found this and really want the auxiliary and the black color. Anyone know if the aux and usb will just plug in and work?

Also, if I get a sync system will that plug as well cause I found this too:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=20446429297

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
afinley
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100856
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Grey Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 afinley Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
No, I believe that only the MFT has the ability for USB. Also, isn't the second thing just the stock stereo?
Old 10-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by afinley View Post
No, I believe that only the MFT has the ability for USB. Also, isn't the second thing just the stock stereo?
Either SYNC system (MyFord or MyFordTouch) has USB inputs.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:18 AM   #4
Trav-E2.0
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by afinley View Post
Well, it says that it's w/out nav w/sync and it comes with the screen and radio hardware. Was wondering if that's what I need to buy to have sync in my car or if I needed other things.

I guess I'll go ask my Ford dealer if any of this is possible. I figured someone here knew.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12379
What I Drive: 2002 French Blue SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 Tiger-Heli Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
SYNC is a separate module. You would need the upgraded radio, the SYNC module, and the microphone for it to work.

That radio doesn't have Sirius, but if you wanted that - I think it's another separate module and you would also have to have the dealer modify the as-built codes.

I don't think you need to do that just to enable SYNC, but you might.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
WhiteT5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93993
What I Drive: '04 Saab 9-5 Aero

FF Reputation: 1 WhiteT5 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav-E2.0 View Post
Well, it says that it's w/out nav w/sync and it comes with the screen and radio hardware. Was wondering if that's what I need to buy to have sync in my car or if I needed other things.

I guess I'll go ask my Ford dealer if any of this is possible. I figured someone here knew.
I've done some research on the matter. As others have said, you would need the new screen, bezel, and keypad. I believe you would have partial functions of Sync (USB connection) using just the Sync module and wiring running both from it to the main radio and to the USB port.

You would also need to install the microphone and perhaps the steering wheel buttons for the rest of the functions. It remains to be seen whether any programming is necessary.

I have the screen and keypad already and plan to source a Sync module and wiring from a pick and pull yard as soon as I get a chance, so I will be sure to update if a full retrofit is possible. I am a bit hesitant though since most yards won't let you return electronic parts. I'd be out the money if it doesn't work.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:05 AM   #7
Trav-E2.0
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteT5 View Post
I've done some research on the matter. As others have said, you would need the new screen, bezel, and keypad. I believe you would have partial functions of Sync (USB connection) using just the Sync module and wiring running both from it to the main radio and to the USB port.

You would also need to install the microphone and perhaps the steering wheel buttons for the rest of the functions. It remains to be seen whether any programming is necessary.

I have the screen and keypad already and plan to source a Sync module and wiring from a pick and pull yard as soon as I get a chance, so I will be sure to update if a full retrofit is possible. I am a bit hesitant though since most yards won't let you return electronic parts. I'd be out the money if it doesn't work.
Definitly let me know, cause the 3 dealerships I called to talk to have had 3 different things to say about it.

The microphone and steering wheel options I could care less about, I just want to run music through the bluetooth. Just hate hassling with the cord and also I tend to leave my phone in the car when I grab a truck at work . 10-12 hour days with no phone sucks...lol The bluetooth deal is awesome cause I can just do everything from the radio with out pulling out my phone.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:19 AM   #8
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12379
What I Drive: 2002 French Blue SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 Tiger-Heli Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Well now you are asking a different question.

If you ONLY want Bluetooth - I think the second radio would work fine. You wouldn't even need the center console from the first pic - although the USB port could be handy for charging the phone.

You won't have SYNC, but I'm not sure you're worried about it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks