Fiesta ST- it's happening, but for the USA? - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #21
FLYLOW
Focus Fanatic
 
FLYLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Fan#: 34077
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: Gen Coupe Rspec

Posts: 1,794
FF Reputation: 4 FLYLOW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevastator View Post
No idea where that came from....
that was the point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanFocus76 View Post
lame response is lame....
one of many i see everyday
FLYLOW is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #22
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything
 
kylesvt720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Fan#: 51359
Location: Lake Orion, MI
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

Posts: 11,095
FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLOW View Post
you ever had a little 4banger with a small turbo before? and had it tuned? its going to feel awesome the 1st few weeks, after your body gets used to 253whp and what ever tq your pushing itll feel like cr@p, your going to want more and more. quick car? little ricer dudes on builtnotbought hondas will pull on you on every gear, youre going to want more and more after that... then youll hit a wall after $$$$ dumped into it in hopes that the little k03 can push out some more. Ive been there before, i know what im talking about


There will always be faster cars. Your argument fails on so many levels. You are saying this car sucks because it could theoretically get beat by a highly modified mystery honda? I can build a Fox Body mustang to run 9s for far far less than the cost of a Focus ST, but again, that's not the point. This car just beat the MS3 and GTI in a road test, if you don't like it, don't buy it. (On top of Focus ST talk being off topic for this thread.)

__________________
Jeremy Clarkson on Detroit: “God may have created the world in six days, but while he was resting on the seventh, Beelzebub popped up and did this place.”


ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
kylesvt720 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #23
Malibooya
Quarter Tank Racer
 
Malibooya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Fan#: 68054
Location: NYC, NY
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3

Posts: 2,108
FF Reputation: 7 Malibooya Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
^ x2. Besides, have you ever driven a small Honda with a big turbo? They're annoying and loud ALL THE TIME. The point of the MS3, GTI, Focus ST etc. is to have a relatively quick hot hatch with all the creature comforts a normal person would want to DD it.

That said, if we get the Fiesta ST and it gets noticeably better mileage than my ZX3, I'll buy one.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouBomb
Omaha is worthless besides the World Series of College Baseball and horny white girls that for some odd reason find me attractive.
Malibooya is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #24
FLYLOW
Focus Fanatic
 
FLYLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Fan#: 34077
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: Gen Coupe Rspec

Posts: 1,794
FF Reputation: 4 FLYLOW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
There will always be faster cars. Your argument fails on so many levels. You are saying this car sucks because it could theoretically get beat by a highly modified mystery honda? I can build a Fox Body mustang to run 9s for far far less than the cost of a Focus ST, but again, that's not the point. This car just beat the MS3 and GTI in a road test, if you don't like it, don't buy it. (On top of Focus ST talk being off topic for this thread.)
i only pointed out the st is underpowered and the k03 sucks, that was my opinion, and the truth, im guessing you didnt like that. then the other guy said the focus st was doing great on sales and stuff... really? when the st3s where on back order till the other day? when how many ford dealers have them on show room floors? who has a fully tuned one with bolt ons beating it everyday? mehhh too early to tell, yes that was my opinion. And no im not buying one anytime soon i already learned my leasson of buying a new car then modding the fk out of it = not worth it

nice pics i LOL'ed
FLYLOW is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #25
FLYLOW
Focus Fanatic
 
FLYLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Fan#: 34077
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: Gen Coupe Rspec

Posts: 1,794
FF Reputation: 4 FLYLOW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibooya View Post
^ x2. Besides, have you ever driven a small Honda with a big turbo?
if you can drive a lil 95 hatch with 350whp and not crash it then youre prob a good driver
FLYLOW is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #26
Kevastator
Focus Addict
 
Kevastator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fan#: 104674
Location: Montana/Wisconsin, United States
What I Drive: 05 Slowbaru Outback

Posts: 1,194
FF Reputation: 2 Kevastator Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hmmmm
Kevastator is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #27
Kevastator
Focus Addict
 
Kevastator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fan#: 104674
Location: Montana/Wisconsin, United States
What I Drive: 05 Slowbaru Outback

Posts: 1,194
FF Reputation: 2 Kevastator Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
[QUOTE=Kevastator;4401924]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLOW View Post
i only pointed out the st is underpowered and the k03 sucks, that was my opinion, and the truth, im guessing you didnt like that. then the other guy said the focus st was doing great on sales and stuff... really? when the st3s where on back order till the other day?

Just because they were on backorder means they there is no demand for them? On the contrary. That indicates they are so popular, Ford is having trouble keeping an inventory.
Kevastator is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #28
FLYLOW
Focus Fanatic
 
FLYLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Fan#: 34077
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: Gen Coupe Rspec

Posts: 1,794
FF Reputation: 4 FLYLOW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevastator View Post


Just because they were on backorder means they there is no demand for them? On the contrary. That indicates they are so popular, Ford is having trouble keeping an inventory.
just because you produce x numbers (lets say 100 st's so far?) and 105 people want them doesnt mean theyre popular... too little of a number and too soon to tell. (this has been my whole point since the beginning)
FLYLOW is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #29
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything
 
kylesvt720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Fan#: 51359
Location: Lake Orion, MI
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

Posts: 11,095
FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLOW View Post
just because you produce x numbers (lets say 100 st's so far?) and 105 people want them doesnt mean theyre popular... too little of a number and too soon to tell. (this has been my whole point since the beginning)
So you are bashing a car for not being popular enough for you, yet you drive a car that sold less than 15,000 units in it's lifetime?

Also you do realize you are driving a MK1 Focus ST right? So you are bashing the new version of the car you drive.
__________________
Jeremy Clarkson on Detroit: “God may have created the world in six days, but while he was resting on the seventh, Beelzebub popped up and did this place.”


ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
kylesvt720 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #30
FLYLOW
Focus Fanatic
 
FLYLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Fan#: 34077
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: Gen Coupe Rspec

Posts: 1,794
FF Reputation: 4 FLYLOW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
So you are bashing a car for not being popular enough for you, yet you drive a car that sold less than 15,000 units in it's lifetime?

Also you do realize you are driving a MK1 Focus ST right? So you are bashing the new version of the car you drive.
and who said i loved my car? its an ok car, thats about it. and i never said i hated the "new" to us st, im just saying its too early/soon to put it on a podium and start praising it.

most people see the new st and just because its turbo'ed cream their pants. people who dont even understand how a turbo works, I dont see it that way (and shi+) i still havent seen one in person.
FLYLOW is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.